Recording a sequenced part in RRP into Logic

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
BobbyDismay

18 Dec 2020

If I load up the RRP as a software instrument into Logic I can easily play some notes and logic records the data as notes, but if I'm running a sequencer in my rack playing say a drum part it doesn't work. I can hear it playing, and have been able to route it as audio to capture it as an audio file, but unable to record the parts onto a MIDI region. Any tips?

visheshl

18 Dec 2020

if you're using player devices you cant do this. but if youre using pattern sequencers like matrix or redrum for example. you need to go towards bottom left(i think) of the device there will be a light blue icon with a music note on it, this icon isn't part of the device. it will appear. if you click and drag this icon you can drag it onto any DAWs midi track and the pattern will appear as a midi clip on the track.

BobbyDismay

18 Dec 2020

Ah ok thanks for this. I'm using the drum sequencer downloaded from the site (trial version for free). Pretty sure it counts as a player device. Shame, audio it is!

visheshl

18 Dec 2020

if you put it above the instrument its a player device. if you connect its cv outs to the instrument(or if it automatically connects) it would allow you to drag midi onto the track

BobbyDismay

18 Dec 2020

OK thanks for this ill have a look this evening

• Information