X-impact Synthesizer in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Adabler
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2020

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... n/ximpact/
XIMPACT_oJg7Rn9.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg
XIMPACT_oJg7Rn9.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg (91.87 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
back_panel_YOXp5Vv.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg
back_panel_YOXp5Vv.png.10000x10000_q85.jpg (29.99 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
X-Impact Synthesizer – an instrument inspired by one of the most popular analog synthesizers of all times. Developed by the known trance producer Adrian Wójcik aka. A.R.D.I. from Poland. X-IMPACT is based on 3 oscillators to allow you to create interesting sounds at a global level in a fast and easy way. Available as Rack Extension format. X-Impact is a sonic playground that alludes to classic analog synthesizers - where synthesis is not only the end result, but also a journey of discovery and experimentation. X-Impact is capable of producing highly complex sounds and modulations, its design is easy enough that amateur music producers can easily discover and experience the joy and magic of X-Impact synthesis.

A new dev, Synth Seduction, congrats on the release!
:reason: 12, Win10

Noise
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2020

It's sound great, but my OCD is kicking in regarding the FX section, the elements are not centered, knobs in this section are almost touching the white borders. The volume button, really needs another border ? Anyway, this is user input :D. Congrats on the release and future updates!

ps: move the logo near the volume, pitch and bend to the top corner, and make the FX one single line.
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

EpiGenetik

17 Dec 2020

What is itchBend? Someone needs to alert the dev to this if they are on his testing team. :)

Ottostrom

17 Dec 2020

To be completely honest, if the devs can't put in the effort to make their device the bare minimum of presentable (which is to say not randomly offset gui elements) then I'm gonna assume that there wasn't enough of an effort put into the audio side as well.

EpiGenetik

17 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
17 Dec 2020
To be completely honest, if the devs can't put in the effort to make their device the bare minimum of presentable (which is to say not randomly offset gui elements) then I'm gonna assume that there wasn't enough of an effort put into the audio side as well.
It actually sounds pretty decent. :D

It's a simple design certainly, but it does it pretty well.

Ottostrom

17 Dec 2020

EpiGenetik wrote:
17 Dec 2020
Ottostrom wrote:
17 Dec 2020
It actually sounds pretty decent. :D

It's a simple design certainly, but it does it pretty well.
Oh don't get me wrong, a RE doesn't have to be flashy or complex for me to be intrigued by it!
But with the offset alignments, offset text, random switch between cramped and dead space, it just gets too much for me :?

I get even more frustrated with the lack of consistency when it comes to GUI. For example: Above each section there is white text to explain what that particular section does right?
Except "FILTER ENV" doesn't explain what that section does... it only explains what the top row controls and then they use bold black text (which is only used there) to explain the other rows. And the last section for the OSCs doesn't even get a text cause I guess they ran out of space when they put that big volume control knob with its own boarder there?

Billy+

17 Dec 2020

EpiGenetik wrote:
17 Dec 2020
What is itchBend?
That's that move you do when you can't quite reach

Despondo
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2020

Seems like a lot of wasted space on this RE. I'd rather it be a bit better laid out and less blank space.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2020

So besides just looking at the GUI. Has anyone tried it yet? Any comments on the instrument itself?
I've already committed to working with several other synths at the moment, so it's a bad time to use up my trial.

I found it a little hard to judge from the video. They were all combinator patches with additional effects. Some were run through Scream4, which changes the sound quite a bit. Would be nice to hear some raw sounds from the synth too.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 17 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

visheshl

17 Dec 2020

well once i made a vst synth by somehow learning from here n there, nobody really teaches these things...you won't find tutorials for vst or rack extension programing...so yea very proud that you somehow managed to make this plugin...just like me....so pat yourself on the back...you somehow did it.

fieldframe
RE Developer

17 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
17 Dec 2020
I get even more frustrated with the lack of consistency when it comes to GUI. For example: Above each section there is white text to explain what that particular section does right?
Except "FILTER ENV" doesn't explain what that section does... it only explains what the top row controls and then they use bold black text (which is only used there) to explain the other rows. And the last section for the OSCs doesn't even get a text cause I guess they ran out of space when they put that big volume control knob with its own boarder there?
That "filter env" section is the worst. They set up a design system and then break it for no reason other than that they apparently didn't understand the system they were building in the first place.

visheshl

17 Dec 2020

hey don't worry about the criticisms here, your next RE will be much better...keep at it...keep going, but don't release your products until you really have something solid, or at least don't charge for it until you've made something which is good

Ottostrom

17 Dec 2020

Okay I just have to share this cause I find it hilarious :lol:

So I went to this guys website, which looks pretty weird but thats not the point of this post.
If you scroll down you can find testimonials about this synth which says "After using and thorough testing of 2 days, all I can say is, this plugin is simply awesome, and above standards of other free Page Builders. Try it and you’ll love it!”
Now you might be confused why it specifically says Page Builders. Well I tried to google that exact quote and found the same people he used on his website but they're talking about a web designer plugin :oops:

Loque

17 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
17 Dec 2020
Okay I just have to share this cause I find it hilarious :lol:

So I went to this guys website, which looks pretty weird but thats not the point of this post.
If you scroll down you can find testimonials about this synth which says "After using and thorough testing of 2 days, all I can say is, this plugin is simply awesome, and above standards of other free Page Builders. Try it and you’ll love it!”
Now you might be confused why it specifically says Page Builders. Well I tried to google that exact quote and found the same people he used on his website but they're talking about a web designer plugin :oops:
Probably a web template...weird...
Reason12, Win10

bxbrkrz

17 Dec 2020

Sounds good when packed in a Combinator. More videos with the synth playing solo? Also the way the video demo ends is as polished as the UI.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

Faastwalker

17 Dec 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
17 Dec 2020
Oops!! :oops: Well, at least that explains how they missed the 'itch' :D

Adabler
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2020

I spent some time with it, going through the patches but not all the combos. It sounds good, but the volume for each patch is all over the place and it feels a bit rushed. That said, I think they succeeded in making an easy to use synth that can make cool trancy sounds. An update could make this a great page builder.
:reason: 12, Win10

antic604

18 Dec 2020

visheshl wrote:
17 Dec 2020
hey don't worry about the criticisms here, your next RE will be much better...keep at it...keep going, but don't release your products until you really have something solid, or at least don't charge for it until you've made something which is good
Err?
Why can't they improve it right now?
Is a RE somehow blocked for editing once submitted by the developer? ;)
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2020

Besides some inconsistencies I think the overall GUI looks pretty decent. I actually like that there's some extra space instead of having it all crammed into a small space. Personally I'll take these random GUI inconsistencies over a crammed clutterfest anyday, no matter how consistent it may be.
Of course if the developer made some GUI tweaks here and there it would be even better.

Karim
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2020

I just tested this synth and was impressed with the cleanliness of the sounds and waveforms.
It sounds fatty, dense in the leads as well as the basses.
I thought I would no longer be surprised after the crowd of VST
but apparently who programmed this beast
holds the so-called balls. I am considering the purchase despite my pocket holes
:D

Congrats! Is very effective good plugin!

quote=Adabler post_id=530958 time=1608204860 user_id=11777]

X-Impact Synthesizer – an instrument inspired by one of the most popular analog synthesizers of all times. Developed by the known trance producer Adrian Wójcik aka. A.R.D.I. from Poland. X-IMPACT is based on 3 oscillators to allow you to create interesting sounds at a global level in a fast and easy way. Available as Rack Extension format. X-Impact is a sonic playground that alludes to classic analog synthesizers - where synthesis is not only the end result, but also a journey of discovery and experimentation. X-Impact is capable of producing highly complex sounds and modulations, its design is easy enough that amateur music producers can easily discover and experience the joy and magic of X-Impact synthesis.

[/quote]
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Karim
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2020

Karim wrote:
18 Dec 2020
I just tested this synth and was impressed with the cleanliness of the sounds and waveforms.
It sounds fatty, dense in the leads as well as the basses.
I thought I would no longer be surprised after the crowd of VST
but apparently who programmed this beast
holds the so-called balls. I am considering the purchase despite my pocket holes
:D

Congrats! Is very effective excellent plugin!

quote=Adabler post_id=530958 time=1608204860 user_id=11777]

[/quote]
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

ardianomusic
RE Developer

29 Dec 2020

Good RE for Trance music B-)

DennisTibo

29 Jul 2022

I like preset for this one. Simply but fast for good trance sounds.
Can't wait for more from Synth Seduction :clap:

• Information