Adam Fielding's Livestream Thread (next stream-date in first post)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
aftrshok99

19 Nov 2020

adfielding wrote:
19 Nov 2020
Tonight I'll be streaming again at the usual place & time (7pm GMT, twitch.tv/adfielding).

As you've probably already heard, Reason 1 is going to be 20 years old this Sunday, so I thought it'd be a really nice opportunity to dive back into the version that started it all! This will be a closer look at Reason 1 via a virtual machine, and I'll almost certainly be dipping into some old forgotten projects from back then while talking about how I got into Reason and how things have changed. Come along, share your stories about how you got started, it's going to be a cosy one :)
Looking forward to this, it's gonna bring back some great memories of using version 1. :puf_bigsmile:
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

adfielding

19 Nov 2020

aftrshok99 wrote:
19 Nov 2020
Looking forward to this, it's gonna bring back some great memories of using version 1. :puf_bigsmile:
It's always nice to look back at older versions of Reason, and it was cool to spot some changes that I'd never really noticed before!

I won't be streaming next week, but I'll be back at the usual time on the 3rd December - I might even write something vaguely seasonal, who knows! See you folks then :)

Update: the stream is now up on YouTube and, as I predicted, it's had a copyright claim filed against it by a seemingly unscrupulous piece of crap (more on that in a sec).

So, at about 15 minutes into the video I play one of the Reason 1 demo tunes (Forme - Jumbo). You can watch me open it, you can see the project file, you can see the splash screen (which is also THE THUMBNAIL FOR THE VIDEO) and you can read the artist information when I open the file which clearly states it was written by Forme (Jesper Dahlbäck). This tune has been claimed on YouTube by an unrelated 3rd party who released a bastardised version of it on what looks like a production album or soundtrack or something in India.

For the record: I would have zero qualms if Forme (or SVEK) had claimed copyright on it because, y'know, it's their tune! I'm currently contesting it by claiming it as fair use by means of the video being educational, and I've also stated that the tune I'm supposedly infringing is obviously a derivative work. Nothing like a bit of YouTube drama :)

Billy+

20 Nov 2020

Well the video is up, how did it all play out with the rejection of the piece of crap and their false claim.

I haven't rewatched the full stream, did you remove it or win the counter claim?

Lempface

20 Nov 2020

Looks like it's still available Adam, did you get a ruling in your favor? I hate the copyright stuff going on with YouTube right now, it's ridiculous.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

adfielding

21 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
20 Nov 2020
Well the video is up, how did it all play out with the rejection of the piece of crap and their false claim.

I haven't rewatched the full stream, did you remove it or win the counter claim?
Lempface wrote:
20 Nov 2020
Looks like it's still available Adam, did you get a ruling in your favor? I hate the copyright stuff going on with YouTube right now, it's ridiculous.
Nope, I didn't win because (unsurprisingly) the claimant rejected my counter-claim. I'm in the process of just muting the "offending" 30 seconds to get around it because that seemed like the easiest way, really.

Billy+

21 Nov 2020

I take it there is no issue with twitch?

If you hit the 100k subs on YouTube you would get a personal point of contact, I wonder how they would handle the situation?

adfielding

22 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
21 Nov 2020
I take it there is no issue with twitch?

If you hit the 100k subs on YouTube you would get a personal point of contact, I wonder how they would handle the situation?
No issue with Twitch, that version remains 100% intact - I also highlight all of my streams over on Twitch so they shouldn't expire.

I imagine an actual person would look at the video and be able to quickly ascertain what's-what, but given my current sub count that's quite the hypothetical scenario! :)

adfielding

02 Dec 2020

Just a heads up - I'm going to be streaming again tomorrow evening (3rd December) at 7pm GMT. This time around I'm going to be diving straight into some of the project files from my most recent release (Nocturnal Transmission) and talking about how those tracks came together, the general process behind them, and stuff like that. Should be interesting! :)

As always I'll be over on Twitch - hope to see some of you there!

adfielding

04 Dec 2020

Thanks to everyone who joined me last night for a dive into Nocturnal Transmission! Really enjoyed talking about a lot of stuff I don't tend to touch on much during my streams. It was also kind of funny to be showing off a Studio One mastering project that I didn't expect to be demonstrating when I put it together - I think it contains pretty much the only example of me fixing something in post, which I still very much frown upon but there we go.

Also - rather amusingly I forgot to whitelist my channel on CDBaby, so this video has been copyright claimed... by myself. The circle is complete! :D

I'll be back next week, probably writing some Christmassy shenanigans.

Billy+

04 Dec 2020

adfielding wrote:
04 Dec 2020

rather amusingly I forgot to whitelist my channel on CDBaby, so this video has been copyright claimed... by myself. The circle is complete! :D
That's funny as f***, and was a question I was going to ask but just thought it wouldn't happen, guess I was wrong and should have asked :lol:

adfielding

04 Dec 2020

Billy wrote:
04 Dec 2020
adfielding wrote:
04 Dec 2020

rather amusingly I forgot to whitelist my channel on CDBaby, so this video has been copyright claimed... by myself. The circle is complete! :D
That's funny as f***, and was a question I was going to ask but just thought it wouldn't happen, guess I was wrong and should have asked :lol:
I thought a very similar thing when I decided I was going to cover NT during this weeks stream as I was nodding off on Wednesday and just completely forgot about it... ahh well, it's all fun and games :)

I've started the process of connecting CDBaby to my YouTube channel, but in the mean time I thought it'd be fun to contest the claims. I'll keep you posted.

Billy+

04 Dec 2020

Hahahahahaha

Let's hope you don't cause the AI bot wars to bring down the matrix

adfielding

10 Dec 2020

HEY GUYS

I'm streaming again tonight, this time I'm embracing the festive season (perhaps a little early but shhh) and I'll be writing something suitably festive. This is very much going to be a more chilled/relaxed music making sesh so grab some mulled wine and watch me unleash sleigh bells all over the place (ngl that sounded less weird in my head).

Stream starts at 7pm GMT over on Twitch. Hope to see some of you there!

aftrshok99

10 Dec 2020

Sleigh Bells dripping with DR-1...........what more can you ask for this time of year!!!

Looking forward to the stream!!! :)
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

adfielding

10 Dec 2020

aftrshok99 wrote:
10 Dec 2020
Sleigh Bells dripping with DR-1...........what more can you ask for this time of year!!!

I have a secret weapon tonight... :)
xmas.jpg
xmas.jpg (53.29 KiB) Viewed 4540 times

aftrshok99

10 Dec 2020

adfielding wrote:
10 Dec 2020
aftrshok99 wrote:
10 Dec 2020

I have a secret weapon tonight... :)

xmas.jpg
:shock: :o A combinator with 12 DR-1's and sleigh bells!! :lol:

Billy+

10 Dec 2020

That xmas knob looks to be at 80% and chance you can make it snow for us all.

adfielding

10 Dec 2020

Billy wrote:
10 Dec 2020
That xmas knob looks to be at 80% and chance you can make it snow for us all.
Well... you'll have to wait and see ;)

Billy+

10 Dec 2020

Thanks saint adam :roll:

Or should we call you santa daws :lol:

Billy+

10 Dec 2020

Adam first I would like to say what an excellent night! You truly are a genius and with the inception of xmaxcore I believe you may have started a movement that will last for generations to come.

As the creator I think you should set a challenge for the world to create xmaxcore but only during the December month and it must be completed before xmas lunch so that the whole family can bask in its glory.

For anyone unsure of what is being discussed here you missed a dozzey and I highly recommend you search YouTube for "santas coming"....

https://youtube.com/results?search_quer ... m+fielding
Last edited by Billy+ on 10 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

aftrshok99

10 Dec 2020

Billy wrote:
10 Dec 2020
Adam first I would like to say what an excellent night! You truly are a genius and with the inception of xmaxcore I believe you may have started a movement that will last for generations to come.

For anyone unsure of what is being discussed here you missed a dozzey and I highly recommend you search YouTube for "sanats coming"....

Loved it....xmaxcore is where it's at!!!!! :cool:

Haven't laughed that hard in a while, truly a great stream!!! :puf_bigsmile:

Billy+

10 Dec 2020

aftrshok99 wrote:
10 Dec 2020
Billy wrote:
10 Dec 2020

For anyone unsure of what is being discussed here you missed a dozzey and I highly recommend you search YouTube for "sanats coming"....

Loved it....xmaxcore is where it's at!!!!! :cool:

Haven't laughed that hard in a while, truly a great stream!!! :puf_bigsmile:
Let's try getting Adam to the top over the next few weeks get everyone to search YouTube for

https://youtube.com/results?search_quer ... m+fielding

adfielding

11 Dec 2020

Ṁ̶̗̬̭̻̖̓Ḙ̵̣͔̾Ṙ̷̛̲̾̍͋͜Ȓ̴͖̜͙̮̫̇̓Y̸̡͉͙̙͆ ̷̲̲̋C̸͚̘̖̖͔̀̓̀H̸̗̯̘̿͑̏̏̓R̴̲͓̹͆̐͗̒Ȋ̷͇̮͇̅̋́̚S̷͙̺̈́̽̒̕T̶̹͍̜̘́͑̈́M̸̢̛̔͑̿A̴̝̞̙̭͊͜Ŝ̴̝̮͉̋͜͝

If for some reason you want the project file, stems, or audio exports... well.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/60zxi5p6gx9z ... Gt-ka?dl=0

adfielding

17 Dec 2020

Howdy folks! Just a reminder - I'll be doing what is likely to be my last stream of 2020 tonight at 7pm GMT. I'm planning on doing a bit of a retrospective look at some of the tunes of the year, and generally chatting about streams and 2020 in general.

twitch.tv/adfielding

craven

17 Dec 2020

Thanks, Adam! Your streams are awesome. Have a good one!
:ugeek:

• Information