(Electronic metal) - Arise

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2020

Went through some of my older tracks. This one is from 2014. What Reason version was that? Not sure, but I know it was before I had any rack extensions.
Man I've changed musical direction quite a bit. At the same time, there are parts here that I could have easily written today.
The whole point of this project was to try to make synth based/electronic music with a strong metal influence. The rule was "no guitars".

The mix is a bit messy, but that's ok. I didn't really know what I was doing.

Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 04 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

04 Dec 2020

If that was your target, you nailed it. It sounds metal with synths. You are doing realy good. Sounds like you can bring out the stuff what is in your head. Just trust yourself.

I like this peace. It just sounds a bit too "computer" sound through the easy melodic sound, which could be done on any computer 10 years ago, but the theme is right.
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
04 Dec 2020
If that was your target, you nailed it. It sounds metal with synths. You are doing realy good. Sounds like you can bring out the stuff what is in your head. Just trust yourself.

I like this peace. It just sounds a bit too "computer" sound through the easy melodic sound, which could be done on any computer 10 years ago, but the theme is right.
Thanks man. :D
I had titles like Dehumanized, Clone Factory, Mechanical Mayhem, etc for this project. So the computerized sound wasn't really anything I was concerned about.
Like I said, for me, if I would change anything here it would be more about some mixing decisions.

Loque

04 Dec 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
04 Dec 2020
Loque wrote:
04 Dec 2020

Thanks man. :D
I had titles like Dehumanized, Clone Factory, Mechanical Mayhem, etc for this project. So the computerized sound wasn't really anything I was concerned about.
Like I said, for me, if I would change anything here it would be more about some mixing decisions.
I am still a asucker in mixing and song arranging and need to learn a few things here, but i know the sounds i like and maybe that why i have my ear in the "sounds" area first.

From mixing its quite good. I just listen to a song atm from a group, and i think they have done a great job in mixing (or the mixing or mastering engineer did it :-D):

Not sure, how to get that great sounding balanced mix. Probably not your type of music tho...
Reason12, Win10

Rothgarr

04 Dec 2020

That was really kick ass.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
04 Dec 2020
Not sure, how to get that great sounding balanced mix. Probably not your type of music tho...
I think one reason why that mix sounds so clear is that there are not that many different instruments playing at the same time. That's one of the "mistakes" I made with my Synthetic Flesh project. To much shit going on at once, too many layers of instruments. But hey I forgive myself. There wasn't exactly any tutorials for that kind of music. I had a vision and went with it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2020

Rothgarr wrote:
04 Dec 2020
That was really kick ass.

drk73

05 Dec 2020

Very good one! 👌

FHtH

05 Dec 2020

Very good!

SymphonicDischord

05 Dec 2020

You’ve got yourself some meat on them there bones. Very soundtrackish for either a movie or video game (definitely a shooter or high action platformer). You did a great job of conveying the metal “heaviness” without using guitars. That being said, I would definitely love to hear how this would sound with some crushing heavy guitars on it.

Well done!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2020

SymphonicDischord wrote:
05 Dec 2020
You’ve got yourself some meat on them there bones. Very soundtrackish for either a movie or video game (definitely a shooter or high action platformer). You did a great job of conveying the metal “heaviness” without using guitars. That being said, I would definitely love to hear how this would sound with some crushing heavy guitars on it.

Well done!
It would probably work with guitars too. In fact some riffs for this project was even written on guitar since that was my main instrument. At the time I was completely immersed in a lot of metal music, especially bands like Strapping young lad, Cannibal Corpse, Gojira, Slipknot etc.

It's weird, but nowadays I don't really see myself as a guitarist, even though that's the instrument I know best. For so long the computer/Reason has been the main instrument/tool now.

• Information