Sub-Forum Feature Suggestion

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Despondo
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2020

Every once in a while, I see a request for a Rack Extension manual for a device that no longer is for sale, or the developer is MIA.

Sometimes, the RE page in the store no longer has a live link to the PDF file.

Can we have a subforum for RE manuals? I have quite a few I can share, like in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7520617

Loque

05 Dec 2020

I moved this into the website sub forum.
Reason12, Win10

Despondo
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
05 Dec 2020
I moved this into the website sub forum.
Thanks!

joeyluck

05 Dec 2020

I think something like this could be a list compiled in the first post of a thread in the RE forum. Could be a sticky.

Despondo
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2020

joeyluck wrote:
05 Dec 2020
I think something like this could be a list compiled in the first post of a thread in the RE forum. Could be a sticky.
That might work. Wonder if there is a way the actual files can be hosted/maintained centrally, rather than links to random dropbox folders, etc.

Would have to be fairly well organized by developer and device. Perhaps even have versioning, since devices change when there are bug fixes. Not sure if the manuals get updated regularly or not. Depends a lot on the developer.

I reached out to Reasonistas to see if they had an interest. Perhaps they could host these since they already have a great Database of devices present and past?

Loque

11 Dec 2020

Despondo wrote:
11 Dec 2020
joeyluck wrote:
05 Dec 2020
That might work. Wonder if there is a way the actual files can be hosted/maintained centrally, rather than links to random dropbox folders, etc.

Would have to be fairly well organized by developer and device. Perhaps even have versioning, since devices change when there are bug fixes. Not sure if the manuals get updated regularly or not. Depends a lot on the developer.

I reached out to Reasonistas to see if they had an interest. Perhaps they could host these since they already have a great Database of devices present and past?
PDF in a zip would work.

Currently the forum has a lot limitations to handle such a thing easily, since it was not made to be a file archive.
Reason12, Win10

Reasonistas
RE Developer

13 Dec 2020

Despondo wrote:
11 Dec 2020
joeyluck wrote:
05 Dec 2020

Despondo, thanks for sending me your zipped file. I will combine your files with my collection and point to the shop pages for the missing user manuals. These will be linked to each device on the ReInventory (if available). There are many other features plan for the ReInventory so stay tuned.
ImageImageImage

Despondo
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2020

Reasonistas wrote:
13 Dec 2020
Despondo, thanks for sending me your zipped file. I will combine your files with my collection and point to the shop pages for the missing user manuals. These will be linked to each device on the ReInventory (if available). There are many other features plan for the ReInventory so stay tuned.
You're welcome! Hopefully others can contribute to this as well. Looking forward to seeing them implemented on your RE tool!

• Information