how old are you?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
visheshl

03 Dec 2020

i just wanted to know how old is everyone on here ?
im nearing 40 now. im 38.

basically i wanted to know if people my age or older than me are still involved in computer music or am i too old for it.

please do comment your age

iamthor4

03 Dec 2020

visheshl wrote: ↑
03 Dec 2020

basically i wanted to know if people my age or older than me are still involved in computer music or am i too old for it.

bro dont give up im
41 on sunday and i sing like an angel im
just getting the confidence to do it again
and im back on reason as well the world needs people like us to show them
were not too old

iamthor4

03 Dec 2020

i use to ask this question when i was 29 its silly your alive

BRIGGS

03 Dec 2020

47, I started on a TR-606.

r11s

stillifegaijin

03 Dec 2020

47. Started with a Roland JV-80, an Emax, and an Atari 1040ST.

And I'm still in two bands, one with my wife - She is 38 and also uses Reason.
Last edited by stillifegaijin on 04 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

stillifegaijin

03 Dec 2020

stillifegaijin wrote: ↑
03 Dec 2020
47. Started with a Roland JV-80, an Emax, and an Atari 1040ST.

And I'm still in two bands, one with my wife - She is 38 and also uses Reason.
Last edited by stillifegaijin on 04 Dec 2020, edited 2 times in total.

PhillipOrdonez

03 Dec 2020

35 here, you're too old at 38 man. Give up already. This is only for young ones like me. πŸ˜‚

bitley

03 Dec 2020

49. I was 19 just two weeks ago. Time flies.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote: ↑
03 Dec 2020
35 here, you're too old at 38 man. Give up already. This is only for young ones like me. πŸ˜‚
Hahahaha :thumbs_up:
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

plaamook

03 Dec 2020

46. I started on a shitty pc at about 32. First album didn't come out till I was like 41 or something.
I guess it would be a different story if I wanted to be in a boy band...
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Loque

04 Dec 2020

Reason12, Win10

reusenoise

04 Dec 2020

51,started with guitar and Tascam 4 tracks tape, Akai s900, my last hardware was Yamha A3000 and Line6 Pod mk1, switched to software in early 2000 and never regret

full-of-life

04 Dec 2020

Once upon a time there were a Swiss-designed pilot nuclear power plant Lucens On 21 January 1969 it suffered a loss-of-coolant accident, and the event has been assessed as a Level 4 "Accident with local consequences".
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>somewhere in between<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
United States' Apollo 11 was the first crewed mission to land on the Moon, on 20 July 1969

Tiny Montgomery

04 Dec 2020

03 Dec 2020

Older than you and still learning and trying to improve. One day it may augment day job if I can get consistent enough to do music library or whatever. But I never feel like I'm wasting time. I'd rather be making music noone hears than watching TV.

Also this idea of 'Im too old for this or that' implies you place too high a value on others opinions of you. Apparently binging on box sets and knowing every last detail about made up superheroes and fantasy worlds is the way we're supposed to spend our spare time these days. You're going to let people like that tell you how to spend your time?

dioxide

04 Dec 2020

I'm old enough to know better. And almost 46.

dioxide

04 Dec 2020

Oof. It's an older crowd here then. Where are all the whippersnappers? Tik Tok? :lol:

visheshl

04 Dec 2020

Tiny Montgomery wrote: ↑
04 Dec 2020
03 Dec 2020

Older than you and still learning and trying to improve. One day it may augment day job if I can get consistent enough to do music library or whatever. But I never feel like I'm wasting time. I'd rather be making music noone hears than watching TV.

Also this idea of 'Im too old for this or that' implies you place too high a value on others opinions of you. Apparently binging on box sets and knowing every last detail about made up superheroes and fantasy worlds is the way we're supposed to spend our spare time these days. You're going to let people like that tell you how to spend your time?
you do have a point, its better to create music noone hears than to spend time on mindless media like tv, web series etc...hmm...at least when i make good music i do feel happy that i made it....whether anyone else listens or appreciates it is not a very important thing...if they do appreciate it well n good if not no issues... you're right i should continue to make music.

Tiny Montgomery

04 Dec 2020

04 Dec 2020
Tiny Montgomery wrote: ↑
04 Dec 2020

you do have a point, its better to create music noone hears than to spend time on mindless media like tv, web series etc...hmm...at least when i make good music i do feel happy that i made it....whether anyone else listens or appreciates it is not a very important thing...if they do appreciate it well n good if not no issues... you're right i should continue to make music.
I spend significant portions of time just sitting doing nothing as well if at all possible. What's wrong with just being? Who are other people to tell you how you should spend your one life on this planet?

Loque

04 Dec 2020

dioxide wrote: ↑
04 Dec 2020
Oof. It's an older crowd here then. Where are all the whippersnappers? Tik Tok? :lol:
Shall we make the next song challenge Tik Tok only?
Reason12, Win10

miyaru

04 Dec 2020

In february I turn 56, and still learning and enjoying making music in all sorts of ways...... No one is to old to make music, it is all in your head! I don't have a significant career as musician other then having fun making and listining to music.

Everyones milage may vary though......
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

iamthor4

04 Dec 2020

plaamook wrote: ↑
03 Dec 2020
46. I started on a shitty pc at about 32. First album didn't come out till I was like 41 or something.
I guess it would be a different story if I wanted to be in a boy band...
my voicd sounds like i should be in a boy band , real world problems πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

iamthor4

04 Dec 2020

the thing is there is a market set at the moment different to 60s and 80s
, young attactive ,

but then there are people like adele who was really big when she started , ed sheeran who isnt considered a good looking man ,
and there are plenty of non good looking people that are still young ,

but then theres older ones who break in coz they have something ,but the reason it isnt so many is because i think we all start believing in what the media tells us ,

for example if you start singing somewhere and people videos you uploaded it to youtube and millions watched it , your getting somewhere these days , build it and they will come , we think age defines us ,

my boy started playing football at 12 one year he has been playing and already been scouted , he didnt join that team but is playing better than people who have been playing 5 years ,why he is determined , if u ask online if 12 is too late to start playing football and make it people online will be negative and be like yeah you should start age 5 , same
to be a pianist

mate its all bullshit theo wallcott who played for england and arsenal started at 12 and there are probably many more

belief in yourself its what drives us and some people in 40s wanna give up coz we have a job and life to deal with
and we aint as attactive as we used to be

i want us all to start changing this
because i dont feel old at all im 41 on sunday and i too have felt like giving up

but i broke up with someone to be on my own
because no i want to have time to try again one last big old push

lets all do this

also your a producer nobodys gonna see you wear a mask like marshmello

we should all post a picture of ourselves our age country and what we wanna do and start a legion old fookers united lol
Last edited by iamthor4 on 04 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Heater

04 Dec 2020

55 and still enjoy making music when time permits. The joys of family life.

Rising Night Wave

04 Dec 2020

not funny at all

funny will be when i will be 80 and making schranz
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

• Information