PG8X based: WB PG8X

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bitley

17 Nov 2020

People need someone to blame for this Covid misery so they pick a refill dude who just seems way too relaxed and happy. That can't be alright.

bitley

03 Dec 2020

I hope all users are happy with the added content & welcome all the new users as well. Questions are most welcome and there has to be a way forward with all this? As everyone can see the library is extremely feature rich and if people are requesting more additions more additions will be made. Thank you all!

moneykube

03 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
03 Dec 2020
I hope all users are happy with the added content & welcome all the new users as well. Questions are most welcome and there has to be a way forward with all this? As everyone can see the library is extremely feature rich and if people are requesting more additions more additions will be made. Thank you all!
I am fine with my purchase... lots of bang for the buck... wish I had more time to dig deeper into... working on computer issues that appear to be almost done, done, and done... if you add to the refill great... if not.... I got it at the beginning for cheaper... seemed like lots of useful stuff there for my winter time music making times... peace :puf_smile:
Last edited by moneykube on 04 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

guitfnky

03 Dec 2020

a consumer-friendly way forward? easy—couple of options...

1- count the stuff you’re offering AT THE TIME YOU START TO SELL IT, and list that as the number of included patches. if only 200 patches are done when you start selling, don’t lie and say there are 5,895 patches. if you’re going to keep adding more, you can even tack one of these handy bad boys at the end: +

OR

2- don’t list the number of patches included at all.

BONUS—drop the idea that you need to sell first in order to put out a complete product. that’s not how a good business operates. have your products finished BEFORE you start selling.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

bitley

03 Dec 2020

Hi Guitfunky. The idea, you see, is always to create while people are following. So I think I've not managed to communicate how I work to all parties: Every single refill I have made have made this way; by letting users in on the early versions and openly reacting to what people like & trying to add more content like that. Content that means value. I never add any "filler" data in the refills, it's content that I either think or know users would like to have (more of). At the time I told about the amount of patches I was using a later version myself and the thread made me realize I hadn't updated the shared version. There is always at least two in house versions which are later than the one published, as I keep adding sounds to my products all the time. This is a quite natural thing for me as I use the refills myself. Whenever I need a new sound I make it and then I add it.

iamthor4

03 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
03 Dec 2020
Hi Guitfunky. The idea, you see, is always to create while people are following. So I think I've not managed to communicate how I work to all parties: Every single refill I have made have made this way; by letting users in on the early versions and openly reacting to what people like & trying to add more content like that. Content that means value. I never add any "filler" data in the refills, it's content that I either think or know users would like to have (more of). At the time I told about the amount of patches I was using a later version myself and the thread made me realize I hadn't updated the shared version. There is always at least two in house versions which are later than the one published, as I keep adding sounds to my products all the time. This is a quite natural thing for me as I use the refills myself. Whenever I need a new sound I make it and then I add it.
bitley make an Re already man
your kill it

bitley

03 Dec 2020

iamthor4 wrote:
03 Dec 2020
your kill it
Thanks! I don't know. There's no practical difference really.

iamthor4

03 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
03 Dec 2020
iamthor4 wrote:
03 Dec 2020
your kill it
Thanks! I don't know. There's no practical difference really.
yeah i get you maybe Re’s just look more attractive

bitley

03 Dec 2020

;-) I love creating custom designs for the Combinator so I guess some people see beauty there too.

iamthor4

03 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
03 Dec 2020
;-) I love creating custom designs for the Combinator so I guess some people see beauty there too.
i had one of your refills i lost it wbf1 i think

bitley

03 Dec 2020

Oh that can be solved. PMed you.

challism

04 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
03 Dec 2020
That is an interesting approach to product creation, I will give you that. I think it's just so far outside of the box (possibly even "way beyond" the box), in terms of how traditional business is done, that most users get confused about it. They say cash is king, I would add that communication is queen.

Anyway, I've got no problems with Bitley. I thnk he puts out some top quality refills, and his sound design is excellent. I don't feel that the users of RT have anything against Bitley, either.; nobody is out to get anybody, in my observations. I think the majority of the time the issues we have experienced on RT can be boiled down to a breakdown in communication/lack of understanding.

I wish you well, Bitley. I'm happy to see you are continuing to make refills. Good luck!
bitley wrote:
03 Dec 2020
Oh that can be solved. PMed you.
BTW, nice customer service, right there!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

bitley

04 Dec 2020

Oh thanks.

I'd like to say that all you RT workers; mods etc can get anything for free if you just ask. Least I can do to be here.

challism

04 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
04 Dec 2020
Oh thanks.

I'd like to say that all you RT workers; mods etc can get anything for free if you just ask. Least I can do to be here.
Sweet! I'd like one Lambo, please. Actually, better make that two Lambos. The wife is likely to crash the first one.

Seriously, though.... thank you for that kind offer, Bitley!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
04 Dec 2020
Oh thanks.

I’d have applied for a job as a mod if I didn’t already have them all :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

04 Dec 2020

challism wrote:
04 Dec 2020
bitley wrote:
04 Dec 2020
Oh thanks.

Sweet! I'd like one Lambo, please. Actually, better make that two Lambos. The wife is likely to crash the first one.

Seriously, though.... thank you for that kind offer, Bitley!
hahahaa I didn't notice the typo lol :mrgreen:

iamthor4

04 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
04 Dec 2020
Oh thanks.

uhhh yeah im a mod send away please 🤪😉 by the way i emailed you

you seem to have a good few free refills now i havent tried yet , plus better website bitley my ol mate well done

iamthor4

05 Dec 2020

im not really a mod lol joke

bitley

05 Dec 2020

iamthor4 wrote:
04 Dec 2020
you seem to have a good few free refills now i havent tried yet , plus better website bitley my ol mate well done
Cool, create new stuff with them :)

moneykube

05 Dec 2020

has anyone found found the trick to get this plug (pg8x)to work in Catalina?... tried a few things I read on line and had no luck.... at least I can use my 2012 powerbook with it (using reason 10 on that computer) wish I could use it on the newer computer though... perhaps one day they will update it... but since it is free... perhaps not... Lol ... I am bigger and bader then any mod :puf_wink: :lol:( a mighty monkey lol) ... but I have most of your refills anyway... nice gesture !

bitley

05 Dec 2020

Last time I checked Martin Luder's site he'd provided new installers for PG8X to both Win and macOS. That was around August this year he'd done that as far I can recall right now. I'll check next week when I have some time to investigate.

moneykube

05 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
05 Dec 2020
Last time I checked Martin Luder's site he'd provided new installers for PG8X to both Win and macOS. That was around August this year he'd done that as far I can recall right now. I'll check next week when I have some time to investigate.
awesome or post the link when time allows... that would make my day :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
so far this is what I have seen and a couple work arounds that did not work
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 2.47.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 2.47.31 PM.png (64.95 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
Catalina 10.15.7 appears not to like it... same result on previous incarnations of the os

bitley

19 Dec 2020

Working fine here!

macOS Catalina 15.5.7 / Reason 11.3 6d3

Accessing it from browsing patches in Way Beyond PG8X opens the plug just fine.

Creativemind

19 Dec 2020

Sounds amazing but won't work or certainly the Combinators won't work in the Reason Rack Plug-In which is another argument for Reason Studio's adding VST functionality into the RRP.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

moneykube

19 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
19 Dec 2020
Working fine here!

macOS Catalina 15.5.7 / Reason 11.3 6d3

Accessing it from browsing patches in Way Beyond PG8X opens the plug just fine.
not sure how you got it to work... just gave it a 4th try... this is as far as I get
Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.20.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.20.24 PM.png (153.21 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.28.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.28.58 PM.png (27.11 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.31.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 1.31.39 PM.png (141.77 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Last edited by moneykube on 19 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

• Information