Soundtoys bundle 5

Discuss VST stuff here!
Nerveclinic

02 Dec 2020

hi...

After making a mistake buying NI Super 8, which is VST3 and not compatible.

Can anyone verify if Soundtoys is compatible with Reason?

Loque

02 Dec 2020

It is, but some user reported some bugs.

From my POV they work good. They lack automation possibilities and Soundtoys support ist very bad.
Reason12, Win10

Nerveclinic

02 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
02 Dec 2020

From my POV they work good. They lack automation possibilities and Soundtoys support ist very bad.
Thanks for the quick answer. So you mean for example, you can't adjust a filter while recording so that it moves and records the movement?

Can't be worse than Reason customer support. :lol:

Loque

02 Dec 2020

Nerveclinic wrote:
02 Dec 2020
Loque wrote:
02 Dec 2020

Thanks for the quick answer. So you mean for example, you can't adjust a filter while recording so that it moves and records the movement?

Can't be worse than Reason customer support. :lol:
The most common controls can be automated, but most or all extended parameters not.

A lot of companys support is way more worse than Reasonstudios. My experience with Reasonstudios is quite good.
Reason12, Win10

Steedus
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2020

I have Radiator, Little Radiator and Little Plate and have never run into an issue.

Loque

02 Dec 2020

Uh...forgot one more thing. Due to their "analog" nature, some devices produce a ground noise which can be very audible under special circumstances.
Reason12, Win10

craste

02 Dec 2020

I have the Soundtoys bundle too, never once had a problem - all great sounding devices.

tallguy

02 Dec 2020

There's some real classics in the Soundtoys bundle. Their plugins lean towards practical day-to-day usability. I use them all the time

Nerveclinic

02 Dec 2020

So I downloaded the bundle for a trial.

Already had Ilok for other devices and I entered my info on their site for Ilok. Downloaded the package.

During installation continually got an error message even though Ilok opened and user name and password opened it correctly.

"Trial activation error. Attempt to start the trial too many times. Please purchase a license to run the product."

No live support due to Black Friday. Message says they will get back to me within 48 hours at which time the sale will be over (Tomorrow)

I hate when this kind of stuff happens and the lack of support, makes me question the integrity of the company.

Nerveclinic

02 Dec 2020

So now I got Soundtoys activated through Ilok, it works fine in Ableton, but doesn't work or even show up in Reason?

eusti

02 Dec 2020

Nerveclinic wrote:
02 Dec 2020
So now I got Soundtoys activated through Ilok, it works fine in Ableton, but doesn't work or even show up in Reason?
Works for me on Mac Catalina and Reason 11.

D.

Nerveclinic

02 Dec 2020

eusti wrote:
02 Dec 2020
Nerveclinic wrote:
02 Dec 2020

D.
I'm still on Mojave...could that be the issue? But then why would it work in Ableton?

stillifegaijin

02 Dec 2020

Nerveclinic wrote:
02 Dec 2020
eusti wrote:
02 Dec 2020

D.
I'm still on Mojave...could that be the issue? But then why would it work in Ableton?
I'm on Mojave and Reason 11. Soundtoys plugins have always worked fine.

In the past I have had issues with certain trial VSTs not showing up in Reason while they show up in other programs. Have you tried "Window>Manage Plugins"? It's possible they were all disabled when the trial license wasn't working and they need to be enabled.

Also, in my opinion the Soundtoys effect bundle is great. I use some combination of them on every mix I do.

Nerveclinic

02 Dec 2020

stillifegaijin wrote:
02 Dec 2020
Nerveclinic wrote:
02 Dec 2020

Have you tried "Window>Manage Plugins"? It's possible they were all disabled when the trial license wasn't working and they need to be enabled.

Wow that worked! Thanks so much! They were all disabled!

That's why I use this forum.

stillifegaijin

02 Dec 2020

Nerveclinic wrote:
02 Dec 2020
stillifegaijin wrote:
02 Dec 2020

Have you tried "Window>Manage Plugins"? It's possible they were all disabled when the trial license wasn't working and they need to be enabled.

Wow that worked! Thanks so much! They were all disabled!

That's why I use this forum.
Happy to help!

tobypearce

05 Dec 2020

They work fine for me. I remember there was a problem a year or two ago and there were crashes in Reason but this has been solved for a while and they run perfect.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

moneykube

05 Dec 2020

bought the effect rack because it had the plugs I needed and was slightly cheaper... no problem on reason 11 suite or Ableton Live 10 suit... or the current logic... (so far.).. had a bunch of their older light versions but got tired of having to plug ILOK dongle in... both the rack and the bundle can be authorized to computer :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Nerveclinic

08 Dec 2020

moneykube wrote:
05 Dec 2020
bought the effect rack because it had the plugs I needed and was slightly cheaper... no problem on reason 11 suite or Ableton Live 10 suit... or the current logic... (so far.).. had a bunch of their older light versions but got tired of having to plug ILOK dongle in... both the rack and the bundle can be authorized to computer :thumbs_up:
Ilok doesn't require a dongle anymore. I bought the bundle and it's working fine without the dongle.

miscend

08 Dec 2020

No issues here.

moneykube

09 Dec 2020

Nerveclinic wrote:
08 Dec 2020
moneykube wrote:
05 Dec 2020
Ilok doesn't require a dongle anymore. I bought the bundle and it's working fine without the dongle.
yes and no.. it does if you had licenses on a dongle from when it was a requirement... then you can authorize what was on the old dongle on your computer... it is true new stuff does not require dongle... I had and have both... also some of the older software that was authorized on dongle can not be authorized on computer... my older 2012 computer uses dongle for said older software with no option to authorize to computer. I have a lot of the Soundtoys mini plugs on a dongle... bought rack because it contains many of those, plus a number of others I used in a demo for a feature film.... love crystallizer, echoboy and phase mistress.... nice to get them all at a reduced price and no more insert dongle in prompts as reason scas plugins...I am glad that the dongle was pretty much done away with... but if I use the smaller plugs on my older computer I still need the dongle.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information