Reason/Suite/Intro/Lite 11.3.6 released!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Reasonistas
RE Developer

01 Dec 2020

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -released-
We're happy to announce the release of Reason 11.3.6, Reason 11.3.6 Suite, Reason 11.3.6 Intro and Reason 11.3.6 Lite.

Here's what's new:
  • Fixed a bug where Reason would not receive audio input on some versions of macOS in certain situations.
  • Fixed a bug where it was not possible to run pattern devices inside a Combinator in Reason Rack Plugin.
ImageImageImage

Loque

01 Dec 2020

Uh...they are getting faster :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

Creativemind

01 Dec 2020

Loque wrote:
01 Dec 2020
Gonna go make a coffee, can't take the excitement.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Billy+

01 Dec 2020

Wonder if it's the new testers initiative that is enabling this?

But it's excellent work either way and seems to be very quick turn around.

eusti

01 Dec 2020

Is anybody else experiencing this: Screenshots taken in the new version don't come up in the list view until the project file is reopened?
Tested it with a bunch of Waves effects... Mac Catalina 10.15.5

D.

guitfnky

01 Dec 2020

Creativemind wrote:
01 Dec 2020
Loque wrote:
01 Dec 2020
Gonna go make a coffee, can't take the excitement.
smaller, more frequent updates to address bugs is a good thing. better than them leaving bugs in there until they put out a splashier update. not every release needs to be exciting.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

PhillipOrdonez

01 Dec 2020

Keep the updates coming, you're working hard and i for one love it 🤗

Boombastix
Competition Winner

01 Dec 2020

They broke VST graphics for some plugins on Mac, in 11.3.5. No plan to fix?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

eusti

01 Dec 2020

Boombastix wrote:
01 Dec 2020
Nope. I reported that bug to them and they replied something along the lines of "we expect the plugin developers to fix it on their end..."
I was quite taken aback by that answer too... Then I realized that most VSTs worked after I updated them to the latest version... Outliers are some older Waves plugins (that are not on 11 or 12), with Sibilance crashing Reason 11.3.6 now...

D.

olive6741

02 Dec 2020

Boombastix wrote:
01 Dec 2020
To check if broken graphics for some plugins on Mac are responsability of third party developpers, a simple way is to load them (as AU, but it is relevant) in last GarageBand. If they are not working as expected in GarageBand, then the answer is probably something that should be fixed by third party VST developper. New SDK in MacOS broke some VSTs (for example WaveArts V5 or Photosounder Spiral). Many VST have been fixed already by their developper (Waves and McDsp are amongst them). Double check if you have last versions.

hamsterfactor

08 Dec 2020

Ta, updated!
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

Boombastix
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2020

eusti wrote:
01 Dec 2020
Boombastix wrote:
01 Dec 2020
Nope. I reported that bug to them and they replied something along the lines of "we expect the plugin developers to fix it on their end..."
I was quite taken aback by that answer too... Then I realized that most VSTs worked after I updated them to the latest version... Outliers are some older Waves plugins (that are not on 11 or 12), with Sibilance crashing Reason 11.3.6 now...

D.
Bad policy in my opinion, to break VST comparability in a minor update. They should have waited until v12 if they had managed this correctly. Doesn't affect me since I'm on Windows, but I still think it is poorly managed since they were not forced to update their SDK and other developers seems to have not.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

buddard
RE Developer

10 Dec 2020

Boombastix wrote:
08 Dec 2020
eusti wrote:
01 Dec 2020

D.
Bad policy in my opinion, to break VST comparability in a minor update. They should have waited until v12 if they had managed this correctly. Doesn't affect me since I'm on Windows, but I still think it is poorly managed since they were not forced to update their SDK and other developers seems to have not.
I'm guessing that they updated to the latest SDK so they can start building Reason natively for Apple Silicon. (Note, this is pure speculation on my part!)

I don't think that RS can be held responsible for other VST manufacturers not implementing their GUI scaling correctly. :)
It's not like every VST broke, it was just the ones that had this underlying flaw that happened to be exposed under the new SDK.
They would have to fix the problem sooner or later anyway, and this might have helped speed that process up. ;)

• Information