Audiothing's Valves plugin for $9

Discuss VST stuff here!
Steedus
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2020

Just happened to be browsing around and saw this: Audiothing's Valves plugin for $9. I have it already, and while I admittedly don't use it that much, thought it was worth mentioning.

https://www.pluginboutique.com/products/5505

BRIGGS

09 Nov 2020

Thx, I'm sure someone, may find this useful. :puf_smile:
r11s

dvdrtldg

09 Nov 2020

It's great, and not to be missed at this price. I have a few Audio Thing plugins and they're all excellent

client6

09 Nov 2020

I saw it on APD and picked it up the other day—I am really finding it useful on bass and drum sounds. Definitely worth checking out.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2020

I’m hunting around PB just now to find something cheap so I can get Drumazon free. I could pay €5 and get some crap that I’ll never install but I figure it’s better to add a bit more and get something I can actually use. I’ve got as many amp simulators as you can shake a shitty stick at already but would anyone say whether this would be a worthy addition to a guitarist tool box?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

22 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2020
I’m hunting around PB just now to find something cheap so I can get Drumazon free. I could pay €5 and get some crap that I’ll never install but I figure it’s better to add a bit more and get something I can actually use. I’ve got as many amp simulators as you can shake a shitty stick at already but would anyone say whether this would be a worthy addition to a guitarist tool box?
I'm in kind of the same situation as you are. Don't have that much on my wish list anymore and don't want to buy something I won't use just to get Drumazon.

Valves certainly is an interesting plugin. Can't go wrong with this developer imo. I think for me it will come in useful for making modern, clean instruments sound like they're from a couple of decades ago. I'm not a guitar player though, so I can't tell if it's good for guitars. Check the YT video below or even better try the demo and let us know what you think.

https://www.audiothing.net/effects/valves/#demo

Btw there's still a week to go for the PB BF Gift. I'm not rushing into buying something. Perhaps there will be more good stuff added to their Deals page this week.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2020

Lotuz2019 wrote:
22 Nov 2020
MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2020
I'm in kind of the same situation as you are. Don't have that much on my wish list anymore and don't want to buy something I won't use just to get Drumazon.

Valves certainly is an interesting plugin. Can't go wrong with this developer imo. I think for me it will come in useful for making modern, clean instruments sound like they're from a couple of decades ago. I'm not a guitar player though, so I can't tell if it's good for guitars. Check the YT video below or even better try the demo and let us know what you think.

https://www.audiothing.net/effects/valves/#demo

Btw there's still a week to go for the PB BF Gift. I'm not rushing into buying something. Perhaps there will be more good stuff added to their Deals page this week.
After I posted I downloaded the demo...it's actually pretty cool. The Orange Cab and the 1940 cab are really nice. As you say there's still a week to go until BF and also the Valves deal runs until 1st Dec if sources are to be believed. At the moment though it's looking like this will be the one. Gonna put a Rhodes and a B3 through it and see what they sound like.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2020

Pairs pretty well with the Kuassa amps.
Didn't like it on the Rhodes or the B3
Works well on drums.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

28 Nov 2020

Waited long enough. I went for Valves and got Drumazon with it. :thumbup:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2020

Lotuz2019 wrote:
28 Nov 2020
Waited long enough. I went for Valves and got Drumazon with it. :thumbup:
What you going to use it for? After I tried it for a while I came to the conclusion that it was more of a subtle distortion. That is to say I could probably do the same with Trash2 or one of the other hundred distortions I've got. I'd be interested to hear if there's anything special with it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lotuz2019

28 Nov 2020

I make Hip Hop beats and I'll use Valves to age my sounds, give my bass guitar samples some attitude, and I also like the sound of the filter. For me it's 9 euro well spent.

Lotuz2019

30 Nov 2020

If you also want D16 Nepheton (TR-808), then buy the 01/2021 edition of Beat Magazin.

https://www.falkemedia-shop.de/detail/i ... ticle/2462

:thumbs_up:

• Information