Splash screen is a turn off

This forum is for discussing the Reason Rack Plugin, the version of the Reason rack that runs as a VST3, AU, AAX in other DAWs.
Jackjackdaw

23 Nov 2020

There are a few things I don't like about the RRP. But I realised, the main thing is that when you load a project with a RRP instance in, Reason displays its splash screen while it loads. I find it really clunky and when I come back to a project and that splash screen comes up, the first thing I do is see if I can get away with deleting the RRP and using something else instead. Imagine if all the VSTs had their own splash screen!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2020

Can't you turn it off if you go to File and then Song Information...there's a check box for Show Splash Screen. On the full version anyway.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jackjackdaw

23 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2020
Can't you turn it off if you go to File and then Song Information...there's a check box for Show Splash Screen. On the full version anyway.
I didn't know that, I will check!

antic604

23 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2020
That's for Song, not for Reason / RRP itself.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

DecafDreams

27 Nov 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
23 Nov 2020
There are a few things I don't like about the RRP. But I realised, the main thing is that when you load a project with a RRP instance in, Reason displays its splash screen while it loads. I find it really clunky and when I come back to a project and that splash screen comes up, the first thing I do is see if I can get away with deleting the RRP and using something else instead. Imagine if all the VSTs had their own splash screen!
This is definitely something I think Reason Studios should provide an option to turn off in the plug-in!!

zabukowski

01 Jan 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
23 Nov 2020
+1

Billy+

01 Jan 2021

You should think of it as the initialisation of old hardware when it's just blinking for a while before it's ready for use, and without it your not sure if it's working.

ShelLuser

06 Jan 2021

To be honest the splash never bothered me. IMO it even makes sense because you're not necessarily adding a plugin to your setup, you're adding a separate DAW (a small part of it at least).

And other vsts do this too btw, take Vocaloid.. Once again a plugin which basically gives you access to a separate program.

In all fairness though.. Max for Live does this as well, and I use that very often. So obviously I'm a bit used to it.
--- :reason:

Lotuz2019

04 Mar 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
23 Nov 2020
Imagine if all the VSTs had their own splash screen!
I had the exact same thought today.

zoidkirb

04 Mar 2021

i don't get a splash screen when loading Max devices in Live.
The Reason splash is annoying but it's not gonna stop me using it.

chimp_spanner

04 Mar 2021

It doesn't bother me. I think given the amount of time it can take for RRP to start for the first time within a session, I actually kinda find it reassuring like, oh yeah it's just logging in/initialising and hasn't just frozen.

adfielding

04 Mar 2021

I feel like a nice compromise would be a progress bar - a less obtrusive indicator that something's loading as opposed to a big ol' static splash screen.

miscend

04 Mar 2021

There's a good reason for the splash screen. It would be much worse if nothing happened (no visual feedback was given) and Reason just loaded silently in background.

And the problem with progress bars is that they're totally gimmicky and don't actually tell how long loading data is going to take.

chimp_spanner

04 Mar 2021

miscend wrote:
04 Mar 2021
There's a good reason for the splash screen. It would be much worse if nothing happened (no visual feedback was given) and Reason just loaded silently in background.

And the problem with progress bars is that they're totally gimmicky and don't actually tell how long loading data is going to take.
Yeah but it makes people feel better :lol: Placebo bar!

• Information