Adam Fielding - Nocturnal Transmission (ambient techno/breaks)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
adfielding

27 Nov 2020

Hi there!

I've just released an album that came about sort-of by accident - I got into a bit of a creative flow-state in October which I decided to ride out to its natural conclusion and, by the end of it, had an albums worth of material that I had no intention of releasing... at first. Upon reflection, I really liked how it turned out and the general vibe of it so I figured hey, what the hell, let's give it a public release. So, here it is. For what it's worth - there's a 1 hour DJ-style continuous mix at the end of the album which is pretty much how I intended it to be heard, but - hey - I'm not the boss of you... if you choose to give it a listen, you do you!

It's very much a love-letter to late 90s/early 00s ambient techno/breaks with a distinctly late-night feel, so if that sounds like it might be your bag then, hey, give it a spin! If that sounds godawful then give it a spin anyway, I'm sure I could use that fraction of a penny from Spotify.

In any case, this is probably one of the more spontaneous things I've done musically lately and I had a blast doing it. The entire album and continuous mix was written and produced using Reason, and was mastered using a combination of my trusty Analog Heat and Studio One.

You can download it for free in the format of your choice from Bandcamp, or you can stream it via most major streaming outlets.

I'd love to know what you make of it! Cheers :)
Last edited by adfielding on 29 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Billy+

27 Nov 2020

Nice

Creativemind

27 Nov 2020

Great stuff. That second one especially, In Motion.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

adfielding

28 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
27 Nov 2020
Nice
Creativemind wrote:
27 Nov 2020
Cheers, I'm glad you liked it! I actually ended up writing a few words about how it all came about and went from a one-off idea to a full album. I'd love to do a write-up on the more technical side of how it was put together and some of the choices involved, but that's a write-up for another day methinks :)

http://www.adamfielding.com/wordpress/?p=1886

I'm thinking it might be fun to have a look at a track or two during a stream one of these days as well.

Creativemind

28 Nov 2020

adfielding wrote:
28 Nov 2020
Billy wrote:
27 Nov 2020
Nice
Creativemind wrote:
27 Nov 2020
Cheers, I'm glad you liked it! I actually ended up writing a few words about how it all came about and went from a one-off idea to a full album. I'd love to do a write-up on the more technical side of how it was put together and some of the choices involved, but that's a write-up for another day methinks :)

http://www.adamfielding.com/wordpress/?p=1886

I'm thinking it might be fun to have a look at a track or two during a stream one of these days as well.
No problem. That would be good going through one on a stream yeah.

Have you always been computer based or have you any or had any hardware?
I bought my first hardware synth about 4 months ago. Behringer MS-1.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

adfielding

29 Nov 2020

Creativemind wrote:
28 Nov 2020
Have you always been computer based or have you any or had any hardware?
I bought my first hardware synth about 4 months ago. Behringer MS-1.
I'm typically an in-the-box/software kind of person, though these days I do use a couple of external boxes (namely a Virus Snow Ti - which is, unsurprisingly, all over this release, a Lyra-8, and an Analog Heat). I do like to dabble with hardware from time to time, mainly in the form of a Korg Volca-based setup but that's more of a fun "get away from computers for a bit" side-project than anything else.

bitley

03 Dec 2020

Dear Adam! Extremely tastful, well mixed and highly enjoyable. I look forward to when the DJ mix appears, it's a bit like how Art Of Noise did with their perfect Ambient Collection. Adding a DJ track after all the soothing ambience.

bitley

03 Dec 2020

I had to take a break from listening as I spilled coffe in my keyboard :D But on it now again. It strikes me that your style is close to Kaskade now, ever heard his music?

adfielding

03 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
03 Dec 2020
Dear Adam! Extremely tastful, well mixed and highly enjoyable. I look forward to when the DJ mix appears, it's a bit like how Art Of Noise did with their perfect Ambient Collection. Adding a DJ track after all the soothing ambience.
Thanks, that's nice of you to say - I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it! :)

I'll be talking a bit about the continuous mix during my live-stream later today, but it was one of those things that I just kept adding to as I went along as a bit of an experiment (I've always wanted to try it, I own more than a few mix compilations and albums where the tracks flow together!) and was happy with how it turned out by the end.

edit:
bitley wrote:
03 Dec 2020
I had to take a break from listening as I spilled coffe in my keyboard :D But on it now again. It strikes me that your style is close to Kaskade now, ever heard his music?
I'm not super familiar with Kaskade - for what it's worth my main influences were guys like Sasha (mainly Airdrawndagger/Involver/Scene Delete), The 7th Plain, Nail, and various other early 00s mixes :)
Last edited by adfielding on 03 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

bitley

03 Dec 2020

Wonderful! Still looking forward to hearing it :) Can I buy the album on iTunes?

bitley

03 Dec 2020

Aha! You might dig his work. Check out an album called Love Mysterious.

(Or don't - it's housy pop tunes mostly but I was thinking about the atmospheric stuff layered behind all of that lol)
Last edited by bitley on 03 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

adfielding

03 Dec 2020

bitley wrote:
03 Dec 2020
Wonderful! Still looking forward to hearing it :) Can I buy the album on iTunes?
I believe so - it should be available via most major digital music outlets :)

bitley

03 Dec 2020

Sweeeet! :) It's sooo lush!

• Information