(DnB) ES400 FM Synth Challenge

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
MirrorEyEs

25 Nov 2020

175 BPM track I was going to enter in the ES400 competition. Could have made two tracks out of it, but put it all in a blender using blocks to get this chaos :puf_bigsmile:

All sounds are ES400 except drums and a top loop for hi hats.
Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2020

I like this and see what you mean about potentially being two tracks. Part after the drop at around 2 minutes is quality and seems clearer than the first section mix wise. Ps. Love your comment about the oxygen 49 keyboard as I have one too and it's really not good.

MirrorEyEs

25 Nov 2020

Agreed it's a bit chaotic in places. The only way I could smash all the elements together was by sidechain EQing, a laborious PITA in Reason! I should have done more than just the kick, snares and basses where frequencies are fighting, but I ran out of time for the competition (got the day wrong), so was pretty pissed off with the whole thing TBH :lol:
Reason 12 - Horrible plastic M-Audio Oxygen 49 and a battered pair of Sony MDR V6 cans

Popey
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2020

MirrorEyEs wrote:
25 Nov 2020
Agreed it's a bit chaotic in places. The only way I could smash all the elements together was by sidechain EQing, a laborious PITA in Reason! I should have done more than just the kick, snares and basses where frequencies are fighting, but I ran out of time for the competition (got the day wrong), so was pretty pissed off with the whole thing TBH :lol:
I see and understand your point about the sidechaining. Must admit I use another daw with rack plugin now so less time consuming as not cabling stuff up as much. Not that cabling is bad in anyway as it was that I originally liked and why I initially chose reason (was just like patching stuff to hardware and was most familiar to me). So glad they made the rack plugin so I still have master bus compressor, beatmap etc and all my re's)

Skimrok

28 Nov 2020

good tune lots of energy :thumbs_up: , I like the fact you know what needs to be done I was going to say what I think then I just saw your reply to Popey I was thinking oh cool he knows anyway, :cool:

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

MirrorEyEs

06 Dec 2020

Thanks that's what I was aiming for.

The first verse bassline switch-up lost it's sub when the notes changed, needed more sine wave. I could have pushed the limiter harder as well! Anyway I'm done with it now, it's stuck in time probably never to be returned to, as I won't be buying ES400, now my trial has finished.

• Information