nano Kontrol Studio

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
dwiggle

22 Nov 2020

Hi All,

I am trying to get a nanoKontrol studio to work with Reason 11, on mac running Mojave OS.

In the midid studio setup utilityt teh dievec eappears, in reason I can select the devce as a control surface, but I canot map the controls either manually or via a few codec I've foudn floating around. I've installed Korg Kontrol editor, whenever I try to writE a scene to device an error comes up "COMMUNICATION - FAILED TO OPEN MIDI PORT"

Any troubleshooting tips here?

rmtcvolte

23 Nov 2020

Hi,
in case you did not found it by yourself:
https://github.com/maghul/Reason-KorgNa ... Studio.lua

Remember to set back your nano to firmware states, if you made changes to something in the past.
The codec setup info is:
"The program will set your nanoKontrol Studio to Native Mode. This requires that Global MIDI Channel 1 is selected. The nanoKontrol Studio will be returned to normal mode when you disable it in the Preferences or quit the program."

stuk71

23 Nov 2020

I used to have one and could never get it to map over... was very frustrating.

Sorry can’t help... I eventually went with Nektar.

dwiggle

26 Nov 2020

THANKYOU for the githhub hookup.

Reason now sees the kontorl as a mappable surface

rmtcvolte

26 Nov 2020

No problem, only thing I'd not mentioned was, that you have to map all the newer devices by yourself. Maybe this could help: http://reasonremoter.co.uk/, search for "djsmex" in this forum. maybe he is willing to add the nanoKontrol Studio to his list.

dwiggle

03 Dec 2020

Thanks, I'll check it out!

I'm stilling finguring my way round how remote and control surfces work. Is there a function that allows me to use the Nano in in varying contexts? At the moment I've been locking the Nano to the SSL, but it would be handy to be able to record arm, mute etc in the arrange view. Also wondering if its possible to 'tab' across the SSL to allow me to control channels beyond the first 8, i.e neutral sate is controlling channels 1-8, then 'tab' across and you can control 9- 16?

I know these are basic "read the manual" questions - but I didn't see any operation manual with the codec on git hub. Am Ibest to try learn how to read remote code and decipher or is there likely some documentation floating around online?

Thanks again.

rmtcvolte

03 Dec 2020

Did you download the nanoKONTROLStudio.remotemap from this GitHub, if so open it and search for

"Scope Propellerheads Reason Master Section"

Map Left Marker Button Previous 8 Remote Base Channel
Map Right Marker Button Next 8 Remote Base Channel

should do what you ask for.

"record arm" and "mute" should be in the "Scope Propellerheads Reason Document"
something like "Target Track Enable Automation Recording" and "Target Track Mute", if not you have to map these to a button.

• Information