"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - Draft

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
MusicBocs

09 Nov 2020

Please take a listen and tell us what you think.
We have recorded a few vocalists and mixed them together while social distancing.
Your feedback is welcomed.
Thanks.

MusicBocs

10 Nov 2020

added a vocalist, the link has been updated.

motuscott

10 Nov 2020

Vox sound good in a xmas singalong kind of way. Drum machine seems a bit mechanical for this type of thing IMHO.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Kelsey

14 Nov 2020

Overall it's great, but it's a bit short and there are some areas where the sound is not clear. Wish you success with these things soon.

MusicBocs

17 Nov 2020

OK I've updated it with (hopefully) less robotic drums.

motuscott

17 Nov 2020

:thumbs_up: mo better

stratatonic

21 Nov 2020

MusicBocs wrote:
09 Nov 2020

Please take a listen and tell us what you think.
We have recorded a few vocalists and mixed them together while social distancing.
Your feedback is welcomed.
Thanks.
It sounds good. :) I realize that the vocals were recorded in different locations, but the vox are out of sync - quite a bit at times. Some vocals are starting early, ending early, different phrasings...
I don't think you have to align them all perfectly, but I'd suggest to maybe tighten up the phrasing just a bit in spots.

MusicBocs

25 Nov 2020

To be honest that was done by design but I'll have another look at it.

Rothgarr

25 Nov 2020

What a fun project!

Question, did you use auto-tune or change the pitch of any of the vocals? Some parts have that "auto-tuned sound".

Happy Holidays!

guitfnky

25 Nov 2020

I actually like that the different vocals are sort of doing their own thing, timing-wise.

vocals could use a bit more tweaking—maybe could be brought up a little, but definitely needs some de-essing, IMO.

dig it overall though. nice work!
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MusicBocs

27 Nov 2020

Thanks for the feedback, If you hadn't guessed I'm pushedbutton, this is my day job account.
In another thread I've uploaded the combi setup that is the voice effect that I've used on everyone separately then tweaked it from there, it's not full pitch correction but elements of it. Trying to keep a balance between 'obviously an amateur attempt' and 'overproduced the soul out of it'.
Believe me when I say this version is a lot more palatable than without tuning. I don't think I'd be very popular if I shared the bypassed effects version.

motuscott

27 Nov 2020

MusicBocs wrote:
27 Nov 2020
Believe me when I say this version is a lot more palatable than without tuning. I don't think I'd be very popular if I shared the bypassed effects version.
What's a little unpopularity when compared to the amazin' world of DAW jankiness?

Dabbler

30 Nov 2020

the tones are wonderful but I can't get past the timing of the vox especially with the high sibilance on them. I'm hearing some phasing too.

MusicBocs

01 Dec 2020

Dabbler wrote:
30 Nov 2020
the tones are wonderful but I can't get past the timing of the vox especially with the high sibilance on them. I'm hearing some phasing too.
I've worked on that. The link has been updated.

MusicBocs

02 Dec 2020

Final - ish version, unless you have anything to say about it.

• Information