Enlightenspeed BF Sale, updates and a limited time freebie.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 Nov 2020

Hi folks,

Just a heads up on what's going on with us :)

Black Friday is now upon us, having started today, and as well as the Loopcracker bundle price which is on offer for all 5 Enlightenspeed plugins, we have also now set the price for the individual plugins to approx 50% off, some are a little more than 50% off, some a little less depending on where the pricing thresholds fell.

Go here for goodies:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... nspeed+Ltd

We also have some nice little updates to a couple, but please note that there is a delay getting them into the shop as everything is so busy right now. Note Humanizer now features a MICRO mode, where the humanizing delay is set much shorter. Effectively what happens is that when it is engaged the delay time of what was 1-3 is now stretched over the 1-20 range, which is great for getting more control over drum tracks, and gives a more polished but still very human sound :D So it's really very easy now to get something that sounds like a genuine studio drum performance, and in particular it's great for doing thrash/metal drums.

Mel Inverter gets a small update too; the Rate control now supports 22 (!) different sizes - it's basically the full list, and includes things like 1/16D and 1/8T etc.

Finally, we have a limited time freebie on the go as well, called Note Latch, which does what it says on the tin really... it latches notes :D Rather than pick specific times though, these are "switch it on, and it stays on" switches. We also added a cool scrolling feature to this which makes setting up barber poles really easy, and you can do cool harp strums with it as well if you employ a ScalesNChords/Chordbank to lock the scale. This is free throughout the Black Friday week, Cyber Monday period.

Finally (again), we have one new "big" plugin on the way, which we hope to open to testers really soon, and one big upgrade in the pipeline as well. Things got a little messed up time wise, we had hoped to get all this stuff out for BF but they weren't ready yet. That's life, but exciting times nonetheless :D

Hope you are all safe and well,
Brian
Last edited by Enlightenspeed on 20 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

robotgard

20 Nov 2020

Last edited by robotgard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 Nov 2020

robotgard wrote: ↑
20 Nov 2020
Enlightenspeed wrote: ↑
20 Nov 2020
Finally, we have a limited time freebie on the go as well, called Note Latch
Where is it? Not in the shop.
Sorry, should have been clearer, Note Latch is awaiting approval for the shop. Should be availabel for free sometime this week :)

Cheers,
B

guitfnky

20 Nov 2020

sale pro-tip: include links! 😬
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 Nov 2020

guitfnky wrote: ↑
20 Nov 2020
Hahaha,

I do this every single time :D

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 Nov 2020

20 Nov 2020
guitfnky wrote: ↑
20 Nov 2020
Hahaha,

I do this every single time :D

Cheers,
Brian
...aaaaaand done! ;)

challism

21 Nov 2020

Thanks for the gift, Brian. I keep checking the shop, even though I know it's the weekend and it wont' be updated until Monday in Sweden (at the earliest). I'm curious what Note Latch is all about? Sounds similar to Static Cling's Auto Latch (I LOVE that player). So if it's something similar to that, with a different twist, I'm very interested.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

21 Nov 2020

challism wrote: ↑
21 Nov 2020
Thanks for the gift, Brian. I keep checking the shop, even though I know it's the weekend and it wont' be updated until Monday in Sweden (at the earliest). I'm curious what Note Latch is all about? Sounds similar to Static Cling's Auto Latch (I LOVE that player). So if it's something similar to that, with a different twist, I'm very interested.
Nowhere near that detailed, it's a very simple device that just switches stuff on and switches stuff off. You can also do barber pole stuff with it a somewhat organic manner.

I did it a while back because someone asked for it, but it had issues which I wasn't keen on at the time, so I didn't release it. Later on I was looking for something to do as a freebie, and it came to mind as a possibility, so Iooked at it again, and messed around with it a bit, eventually finding a way to build the solution - I say eventually like it took weeks; from the point of opening the development folder it was literally an afternoons work to completely rework the code, rework the GUI, and add a couple of cool new features that weren't in the original.

The final version of it looks like this:
Screenshot 2020-11-21 173745.png
Screenshot 2020-11-21 173745.png (66.33 KiB) Viewed 3136 times
I'll post up when it is actually available, you have my word on that, but I honestly wouldn't be expecting it on Monday given how slow things have been going at RS. I just wanted to get a shout out about it :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

25 Nov 2020

Ok folks,

just a heads up that the update for Note Humanizer is now available to download, including the new Micro mode :D

We know that Note Latch and the Melodic Inverter update have passed through the acceptance phases so I kinda expect that these will turn up tomorrow now :)

I'll keep you posted, of course,

Cheers,
Brian

NDKay

26 Nov 2020

25 Nov 2020
Ok folks,

just a heads up that the update for Note Humanizer is now available to download, including the new Micro mode :D

We know that Note Latch and the Melodic Inverter update have passed through the acceptance phases so I kinda expect that these will turn up tomorrow now :)

Cheers,
Brian
Allow me to be a bit faster than you ;-)

The freebie RE " Note Latch " is in the shop......check https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ote-latch/

....and thanks btw :thumbs_up:
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

Zac

26 Nov 2020

Thanks for the freebie, much appreciated πŸ‘

Ottostrom

26 Nov 2020

Thank you for the free Note Latch!
A very simple and useful device :)

Jackjackdaw

26 Nov 2020

It was I that asked for it in the first place. Static Cling came out with Auto latch so soon after we had that thread I thought they may have poached the idea! Auto latch is awesome though. Im glad Note Latch will see the light of day.

moneykube

26 Nov 2020

25 Nov 2020
Ok folks,

Cheers,
Brian
got the update for humanizer the other day... see an update for Melodic Inverter... and Note latch is up for free now
Outstanding!
Thanks
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 1.45.50 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 1.45.50 PM.jpg (126.66 KiB) Viewed 2802 times
I do find it odd that I bought the suite(on release) , yet it always appears as if I have not when I go to RS
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

26 Nov 2020

NDKay wrote: ↑
26 Nov 2020
25 Nov 2020
Ok folks,

Cheers,
Brian
Allow me to be a bit faster than you ;-)

The freebie RE " Note Latch " is in the shop......check https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ote-latch/

....and thanks btw :thumbs_up:

Several HOURS faster than me too - I was dealing with the vids for all of my free time this evening :D

Good work!
B

moneykube

26 Nov 2020

ha beat you on the post before yours :puf_wink: :lol: :exclamation:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

iamthor4

26 Nov 2020

downloaded it but have no idea if ill use it lol

Loque

26 Nov 2020

Thanks for the freebie. Very appreciated πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘
Reason12, Win10

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 Nov 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote: ↑
26 Nov 2020
It was I that asked for it in the first place. Static Cling came out with Auto latch so soon after we had that thread I thought they may have poached the idea! Auto latch is awesome though. Im glad Note Latch will see the light of day.
I did wonder :D

Auto-Latch isn't related, really, from what I can tell looking at the product page for it. It seems to be more like an automatic length control. One of our other testers was asking me to do that type of plugin to go with Alter/Filter/Humanizer but I wasn't keen on my original solution at the time, like just called Note Lengther or similar. Auto-Latch covers that base pretty well from what I can see.

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 Nov 2020

moneykube wrote: ↑
26 Nov 2020
25 Nov 2020
Ok folks,

Cheers,
Brian
got the update for humanizer the other day... see an update for Melodic Inverter... and Note latch is up for free now
Outstanding!
Thanks
Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 1.45.50 PM.jpg
I do find it odd that I bought the suite(on release) , yet it always appears as if I have not when I go to RS
Great work, thanks :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 Nov 2020

21 Nov 2020
challism wrote: ↑
21 Nov 2020
Nowhere near that detailed, it's a very simple device that just switches stuff on and switches stuff off. You can also do barber pole stuff with it a somewhat organic manner.

I did it a while back because someone asked for it, but it had issues which I wasn't keen on at the time, so I didn't release it. Later on I was looking for something to do as a freebie, and it came to mind as a possibility, so Iooked at it again, and messed around with it a bit, eventually finding a way to build the solution - I say eventually like it took weeks; from the point of opening the development folder it was literally an afternoons work to completely rework the code, rework the GUI, and add a couple of cool new features that weren't in the original.

The final version of it looks like this:

Screenshot 2020-11-21 173745.png

I'll post up when it is actually available, you have my word on that, but I honestly wouldn't be expecting it on Monday given how slow things have been going at RS. I just wanted to get a shout out about it :D
Quick bump,

...and a reminder that at some point updates will be available for Latch. I won’t cover the ground that has been covered by Static Cling with their version of a latched plugin... but what else do people want to see with this concept?

Personally, I want to see CV linkage of multiple latches. So that a basic latch can become a complex latch.

How do you interpret this general concept?

Cheers,
Brian

teddymcw

01 Dec 2020

Brilliant stuff Brian, thank you! I haven't had much time to play with all the concepts above but I'll definitely be bundling up ;) with some of your devices for over the winter.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

02 Dec 2020

teddymcw wrote: ↑
01 Dec 2020
Brilliant stuff Brian, thank you! I haven't had much time to play with all the concepts above but I'll definitely be bundling up ;) with some of your devices for over the winter.
Great stuff, always happy to hear someone is enjoying my toys :D

As for bundling up though, I'm from Northern Europe, so I tend to wait until we hit minus centigrade numbers before I'll consider anything heavier than long shorts and a t-shirt :D

Cheers,
Brian

teddymcw

04 Dec 2020

02 Dec 2020
01 Dec 2020

As for bundling up though, I'm from Northern Europe, so I tend to wait until we hit minus centigrade numbers before I'll consider anything heavier than long shorts and a t-shirt :D

Cheers,
Brian
Hah ya to briefly extend that aside, I was fortunate enough to spend the crispness of a recent winter holiday in Edinburgh. Though my family has been in the US for a few generations I still maintain a very Highland name from a lineage not too far from the Inverness area, and I think that's why I'm still never one to turn on the heater in any situation when others claim to be frigid haha. Further, all peoples and cultures have wonderful music and vibrant contributions but my ears perk a tiny bit different when finding out an artist is from the small Northern country after the fact of experiencing the work or art.

Anyways, thanks for the brilliant dev work, the videos, the updates. The REs I think have made their way as a constant into very many modern Reason workflows. I'll be staying tuned :) then over the winter. Stay well, cheers.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

04 Dec 2020

04 Dec 2020
02 Dec 2020

Cheers,
Brian
Hah ya to briefly extend that aside, I was fortunate enough to spend the crispness of a recent winter holiday in Edinburgh. Though my family has been in the US for a few generations I still maintain a very Highland name from a lineage not too far from the Inverness area, and I think that's why I'm still never one to turn on the heater in any situation when others claim to be frigid haha. Further, all peoples and cultures have wonderful music and vibrant contributions but my ears perk a tiny bit different when finding out an artist is from the small Northern country after the fact of experiencing the work or art.

Anyways, thanks for the brilliant dev work, the videos, the updates. The REs I think have made their way as a constant into very many modern Reason workflows. I'll be staying tuned :) then over the winter. Stay well, cheers.
Cool :D

I originate from Glasgow myself, although now I live in Paisley which although being an ancient town with huge cultural and historical importance to Scotland, is really a suburb of Glasgow nowadays.

I've always loved it here though, as it's quieter than Glasgow, which can be a very full on place. Getting old :D

Cheers,
Brian

• Information