cubase 11 ableton 11 , reason 12?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
iamthor4

21 Nov 2020

as these are out or coming out and
ableton offering 20% off and free upgrades with a purchase of 10 or upgrade
please propellerheads dont sting the black friday updaters with a 12 just yet , can anyone confirm a rough idea of when 12 will be droppingg and will we get a 11.5 ? cheers

EdGrip

21 Nov 2020

Life is uncertainty, my friend

antic604

21 Nov 2020

iamthor4 wrote:
21 Nov 2020
please propellerheads dont sting the black friday updaters with a 12 just yet , can anyone confirm a rough idea of when 12 will be droppingg and will we get a 11.5 ? cheers
Are you asking if you should buy Cubase or Live, or rather wait unitl Reason 12 comes?

We - at least I - know way too little about you to recommend either of the two alternatives. What music you do? What gear you also own? What is your preferred workflow? Are you a trained musician that can actually play stuff in, or more of a beat maker? :)

Also, why isn't Studio One or Bitwig on this list? Both better alternatives, respectively :oops:
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

WasteLand

21 Nov 2020

antic604 wrote:
21 Nov 2020
iamthor4 wrote:
21 Nov 2020
Are you asking if you should buy Cubase or Live, or rather wait unitl Reason 12 comes?

We - at least I - know way too little about you to recommend either of the two alternatives. What music you do? What gear you also own? What is your preferred workflow? Are you a trained musician that can actually play stuff in, or more of a beat maker? :)

Also, why isn't Studio One or Bitwig on this list? Both better alternatives, respectively :oops:
antic you do an excellent bitiwg agitprop! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: why don't buy them all. all are great!

EDIT: to go on topic, it is always unpredictable with ableton or reason or bitwig (and studio one?), except cubase, when new updates arrive.

cubase 11
ableton live 11
reason 11 (12 when?)

indeed quite different beasts, and what versions you want. first DAW, or already experienced? all 3, and yes also bitwig and studio one, have there merits.
Win 10 Pro. R11 suite + R12. Nektar Panorama p1. Ryzen 9 5900X. Cubase Pro 11, Bitwig Studio 4.4, Reaper 6.68, Ableton Live 11 Suite. RME Hammerfall DSP Multiface.

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123

iamthor4

21 Nov 2020

antic604 wrote:
21 Nov 2020
iamthor4 wrote:
21 Nov 2020

you see i already bought the upgrade , im a singer and i can play a bit i have a piano but ill also work with samples etc

antic604

21 Nov 2020

iamthor4 wrote:
21 Nov 2020
you see i already bought the upgrade , im a singer and i can play a bit i have a piano but ill also work with samples etc.
Well, then Live (vs. Cubase) would suit you well. They're adding take recording, comping, tempo follow and MPE in 11, so that should be useful. I prefer Bitwig, but I can't play any instrument or sing and my music relies on sound design & manipulation, rather than melody & harmony, so it's an obvious choice for me.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

iamthor4

21 Nov 2020

antic604 wrote:
21 Nov 2020
iamthor4 wrote:
21 Nov 2020
you see i already bought the upgrade , im a singer and i can play a bit i have a piano but ill also work with samples etc.
Well, then Live (vs. Cubase) would suit you well. They're adding take recording, comping, tempo follow and MPE in 11, so that should be useful. I prefer Bitwig, but I can't play any instrument or sing and my music relies on sound design & manipulation, rather than melody & harmony, so it's an obvious choice for me.
i was just using ableton intro 10 and cubase elements respectively i used cubase before and its the best choice i think
but only if i had maybe the full versions of both , but there rather expensive to get the full versions with all the sounds , and i like reason it has all the sounds you need and from
having version 7 before i still have moon echo audio refills and bitword wavefront refill and i got full reason for like £120
i bought reason 3 from someone then uograded in black friday
i cant see me getting full ableton suite or cubase full for £120
plus reason has loads of effects and instruments all you need ( orchestra could be better but its decent ) is abletons amazing ? plus has pitch edit etc
abeton is cleaner , cubase is more pro
but reason is more fun and maybe with a clean up
of the gui it could be one of the best
the question was more i hope they dont wanna offer me to upgrade again to 12 for £100 in a few months after black friday because that would br shady , i have been monitoring 11 and i feel there should br a good point update for the peeps , saying all that i got full reason 11 for £120 not a bad deal , thanks to you or it would have been £140
haha thanks man

tiker01

21 Nov 2020

My guess is Reason 12 will be out Q1 max Q2 in my opinion. But it is only a guess.

We will see.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2020

If you record lots of vocals, look at what Cubase can do. Variaudio tuning and vocal align, both built in. It will cost hundreds of dollars if you choose a DAW that needs the additional extra software to do this well.

Look at the cost to crossgrade if you already have a full version of Reason. The price for a crossgrade is much cheaper.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information