UJAM STRIIIINGS

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

20 Nov 2020

Available for pre-order.

https://www.ujam.com/striiiings/

Million-dollar sound
ujam is happy to count Hans Zimmer—one of the world’s great film composers—as one of its co-founders. Hans generously gave us access to his legendary string recordings, amassed over decades, for use in STRIIIINGS.
  • World-class string section phrases, no string arrangement skills required.
  • Brand-new creative performance and sound design engine by ujam.
  • 60 playing styles, more than 200 sound designer presets.
  • Recorded at Hans Zimmer’s Remote Control Studios, produced by Boris Salchow.

esselfortium

20 Nov 2020

Miiiilliiiion-dollar sound
ujam iiiis happy to count Hans Ziiiimmer—one of the world’s great fiiiilm composers—as one of iiiits co-founders. Hans generously gave us access to hiiiis legendary striiiing recordiiiings, amassed over decades, for use iiiin STRIIIINGS.
• World-class striiiing sectiiiion phrases, no striiiing arrangement skiiiills requiiiired.
• Brand-new creatiiiive performance and sound desiiiign engiiiine by ujam.
• 60 playiiiing styles, more than 200 sound desiiiigner presets.
• Recorded at Hans Ziiiimmer’s Remote Control Studiiiios, produced by Boriiiis Salchow.
Iiiinteresting...
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

joeyluck

20 Nov 2020

esselfortium wrote:
20 Nov 2020
Miiiilliiiion-dollar sound
ujam iiiis happy to count Hans Ziiiimmer—one of the world’s great fiiiilm composers—as one of iiiits co-founders. Hans generously gave us access to hiiiis legendary striiiing recordiiiings, amassed over decades, for use iiiin STRIIIINGS.
• World-class striiiing sectiiiion phrases, no striiiing arrangement skiiiills requiiiired.
• Brand-new creatiiiive performance and sound desiiiign engiiiine by ujam.
• 60 playiiiing styles, more than 200 sound desiiiigner presets.
• Recorded at Hans Ziiiimmer’s Remote Control Studiiiios, produced by Boriiiis Salchow.
Iiiinteresting...
Lol you missed an i! The very end haha

joeyluck

20 Nov 2020

I'm very excited for this one! Many people, including myself, have been requesting strings from them. And it's great of them to involve HZ in some capacity.

iamthor4

20 Nov 2020

joeyluck wrote:
20 Nov 2020
Available for pre-order.

https://www.ujam.com/striiiings/

Million-dollar sound
ujam is happy to count Hans Zimmer—one of the world’s great film composers—as one of its co-founders. Hans generously gave us access to his legendary string recordings, amassed over decades, for use in STRIIIINGS.
  • World-class string section phrases, no string arrangement skills required.
  • Brand-new creative performance and sound design engine by ujam.
  • 60 playing styles, more than 200 sound designer presets.
  • Recorded at Hans Zimmer’s Remote Control Studios, produced by Boris Salchow.
no rack extension ?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2020

iamthor4 wrote:
20 Nov 2020
no rack extension ?
UJAM passed on doing REs for the v2's of the Virtual Bassist series and nothing for the FX series. So I suppose there is very low probability this will happen for the strings.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

iamthor4

20 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
20 Nov 2020
iamthor4 wrote:
20 Nov 2020
no rack extension ?
UJAM passed on doing REs for the v2's of the Virtual Bassist series and nothing for the FX series. So I suppose there is very low probability this will happen for the strings.
ah i have no intention of using vst i like the idea of having one account one download never mind

joeyluck

30 Nov 2020

Very entertaining walkthrough!

esselfortium wrote:
20 Nov 2020
Iiiinteresting...
You might appreciate the way Derek says, "STRIIIINGS" everytime lol

bxbrkrz

30 Nov 2020

Great looking -everyone wants to sound like Hans- design :puf_wink:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

DecafDreams

30 Nov 2020

iamthor4 wrote:
20 Nov 2020
Boombastix wrote:
20 Nov 2020

ah i have no intention of using vst i like the idea of having one account one download never mind
I've adopted this approach too. It's a shame UJAM have abandoned doing REs. I'm finding Friktion very powerful for Strings though so am not too fussed at missing out on this.

Billy+

30 Nov 2020

I'm liking the look of that, I wonder if misses claws has left enough cash in the bank.......

joeyluck

30 Nov 2020

DecafDreams wrote:
30 Nov 2020
iamthor4 wrote:
20 Nov 2020

I've adopted this approach too. It's a shame UJAM have abandoned doing REs. I'm finding Friktion very powerful for Strings though so am not too fussed at missing out on this.
They have stated that they haven't abandoned the RE format and would like to revisit it at some point. They mentioned that they simply shifted focus to VST/etc.

They have been putting out stuff at a fairly high frequency. Developing for RE in tandem would slow that down a bit and cost a little more in hours. There's no denying VST/AU is a bigger market. I think the smart thing to do is to get the products out to the larger market faster, see what's most popular, and then revisit the RE format with the greatest hits (if not all of them).

DecafDreams

30 Nov 2020

joeyluck wrote:
30 Nov 2020
DecafDreams wrote:
30 Nov 2020

They have stated that they haven't abandoned the RE format and would like to revisit it at some point. They mentioned that they simply shifted focus to VST/etc.

They have been putting out stuff at a fairly high frequency. Developing for RE in tandem would slow that down a bit and cost a little more in hours. There's no denying VST/AU is a bigger market. I think the smart thing to do is to get the products out to the larger market faster, see what's most popular, and then revisit the RE format with the greatest hits (if not all of them).
I don't think they'll bother with any more REs until they can in the very least feature match the best new features of their latest VSTs. Drag and Drop midi for starters! Here's hoping the next RE SDK will support such features.

iamthor4

30 Nov 2020

maybe if enough people
let them
know they will buy it ? they will make it

joeyluck

30 Nov 2020

iamthor4 wrote:
30 Nov 2020
maybe if enough people
let them
know they will buy it ? they will make it
RE sales are understandably lower, so that's going to be a given. They gauged interest here for a Finisher RE, and there wasn't a ton of responses: viewtopic.php?p=495045

Ultimately I think they decided to stay their course, and revisit the RE format later.

Billy+

30 Nov 2020

So I been doing a bit of research and it's not the only device with a hz association but it fairly cheep by comparison to most of the other stings devices out there, would be interesting to see how it actually compares.

joeyluck

30 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
30 Nov 2020
So I been doing a bit of research and it's not the only device with a hz association but it fairly cheep by comparison to most of the other stings devices out there, would be interesting to see how it actually compares.
Yes HZ has his name on popular libraries with Spitfire. But with him being a co-founder of ujam, I have been anticipating something like this forever! ujam likely isn't paying to use his name with him being a founder...although they also didn't slap his name on the product itself. Which I think is a good move—let the product sell itself (with its silly and fun name) and let the HZ name be an added cool factor.

Hoping that soon we will see a Pharrell Williams (another co-founder of ujam) Beatmaker or maybe an animated keyboard :D (something using his style and samples).

Billy+

01 Dec 2020

Yes it's definitely an interesting option even if it not as expressive as some of the more expensive vst libraries.

The only thing that would put me off is the actual price, pre order seems good value but without a trial it's a gamble however on face it looks more than capable to fill that space in the market

iamthor4

01 Dec 2020

Billy wrote:
01 Dec 2020
Yes it's definitely an interesting option even if it not as expressive as some of the more expensive vst libraries.

The only thing that would put me off is the actual price, pre order seems good value but without a trial it's a gamble however on face it looks more than capable to fill that space in the market
kontakt libaries are really hard to get a trial with which puts me off tbh
same with this videos with added drama could always make things seem better than they are and sometimes do ,
you ever watch a really good movie trailer for it to be a rubbish film ?
i did that last night with this movie boss level i turned it off halfway through utter tosh

DecafDreams

06 Dec 2020

joeyluck wrote:
30 Nov 2020
DecafDreams wrote:
30 Nov 2020

If there's two developers that Reason Studios need to listen to on bringing the RE SDK up to scratch, it's UJAM and Sonic Charge.

Both of these developers have got amazing VSTs out that it turns out couldn't have been faithfully ported to RE due to limitations with the format.

Permut8 should have been an all-star RE, but Reason Studios missed a killer opportunity so we're left with only Echobode and Bitspeek natively.

Likewise the A-List REs showed how powerful the concept could be of these kind of auto-accompaniment instruments, but when the RE format lacked the ability to do drag and drop of MIDI within the GUI to the sequencer, the subsequent Virtual Instrument and Beatmaker products were made VST only.

I know we have VST support now, but floating windows are just not the same as native rack support.

joeyluck

08 Dec 2020

Has anybody else had the chance to play with this yet now that it's available to buy/try? I'm really digging it! :thumbs_up:

I have other animated string libraries/plugins such as StringWERK and The Orchestra Complete, but STRIIIINGS is definitely unique with its approach and very fun. It's of course really great for the natural animated string sounds, but the effects added really compliment it well and inspire new ideas :D

The samples are really awesome. At 4.7 GB, I think this is too large to be a RE?

Billy+

08 Dec 2020

joeyluck wrote:
08 Dec 2020
Has anybody else had the chance to play with this yet now that it's available to buy/try? I'm really digging it! :thumbs_up:

I have other animated string libraries/plugins such as StringWERK and The Orchestra Complete, but STRIIIINGS is definitely unique with its approach and very fun. It's of course really great for the natural animated string sounds, but the effects added really compliment it well and inspire new ideas :D

The samples are really awesome. At 4.7 GB, I think this is too large to be a RE?
Did you buy it or just trial it?

I see the price has come down a bit since the original listing.

joeyluck

09 Dec 2020

Actually, there was a preorder price of $99. The intro price of $119 goes until Dec 16. After that the regular price is $169.

Michaellos

25 Dec 2020

Has anyone tested it ? Am I right in assumption that it's able to play only ready-made phrases and is not able to play single notes ?

• Information