ES400 Song Challenge

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
User avatar
SPITE1
Posts: 4
Joined: 19 Nov 2020

Post 20 Nov 2020

Thanks! :D
Last edited by SPITE1 on 20 Nov 2020, edited 2 times in total.

TritoneAddiction
Posts: 2661
Joined: 29 Aug 2015
Location: Sweden

Post 20 Nov 2020

snapperdub wrote:
18 Nov 2020
A bit of digidub with a lot of help from my mate Sharlene singing. I think I used 28 ES400's. Enjoy.

Really cool track :thumbs_up:

User avatar
gullum
Posts: 854
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Faroe Islands

Post 20 Nov 2020

Her is my go on the comp don't know style but some bass stuff

teddymcw
Posts: 344
Joined: 13 May 2016

Post 22 Nov 2020

Overwhelmingly wonderful to see another challenge for the greater RT peeps, and with some brilliant stuff from Ekss nonetheless. Already heard some tracks that go into the favorite bin for me. I've been quiet myself here for a long time but caught this and couldn't resist playing with some new tools.

Didn't read the rules but my lawyer says he is preparing a strong countersuit. Jk, cheat track is noticeably a stock rex loop. All Ekss's Synths and now Preamp, Tape Echo I found not just quality but unique, again brilliant stuff. Even seemed like one can use infinite ES400 instances w/o cpu whining! Wish I had caught more time for polishing the track but here's a contribution. Stay well all.

Last edited by teddymcw on 22 Nov 2020, edited 2 times in total.

wowhow
Posts: 31
Joined: 31 May 2018
Location: Nagoya, Japan

Post 22 Nov 2020



Thank you for the song challenge!
This is my track!

I used 17 instances of ES400 and used the synchronous effect once towards the end.
The ending sounds maybe like a late night psycho-thriller :think:
I hope everyone is safe from covid19 and all other types of stress!

Let's get through this!

JensHaglof
Posts: 6
Joined: 06 Feb 2016

Post 22 Nov 2020

Hello everybody!
This will be my first song challenge. Almost done with the song!
Just a question.
"before November 23, 2020, 12AM CET"
Is that tonight or tomorrow night?
/Jens

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 7464
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 22 Nov 2020

JensHaglof wrote:
22 Nov 2020
Hello everybody!
This will be my first song challenge. Almost done with the song!
Just a question.
"before November 23, 2020, 12AM CET"
Is that tonight or tomorrow night?
/Jens
That will be today/tonight. It is Nov 23, 12AM CET. So the deadline is before Monday CET. Make sense? So for example, that is 6PM EST today.

JensHaglof
Posts: 6
Joined: 06 Feb 2016

Post 22 Nov 2020

joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2020
JensHaglof wrote:
22 Nov 2020
Hello everybody!
This will be my first song challenge. Almost done with the song!
Just a question.
"before November 23, 2020, 12AM CET"
Is that tonight or tomorrow night?
/Jens
That will be today/tonight. It is Nov 23, 12AM CET. So the deadline is before Monday CET. Make sense? So for example, that is 6PM EST today.
Thank you! :)

User avatar
Noise
Posts: 195
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 22 Nov 2020

"Our walking shadows" is a ambient / chill track.

Some technical comments:
- First track on R11!
- Most of percussion is coming from the ES400
- UMPF (kick and clappers), Sweeper, Scalematrix, Kompulsion, RV700, The Echo
- Final touches with the Master Bus Compressor and Channel EQ.



Thanks everybody! Have a great contest!
Last edited by Noise on 22 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.
Albuns: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel

JensHaglof
Posts: 6
Joined: 06 Feb 2016

Post 22 Nov 2020

Ok here's my entry! Everything is made with ES400 except for the vocals obviously. :) Good luck everybody!

User avatar
Loque
Moderator
Posts: 8039
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 22 Nov 2020

JensHaglof wrote:
22 Nov 2020
Ok here's my entry! Everything is made with ES400 except for the vocals obviously. :) Good luck everybody!
I like it. And i had a quick listen to your soundcloud stuff and noticed, its the first release since 5 years. You should keep on making more stuff :thumbs_up:
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

JensHaglof
Posts: 6
Joined: 06 Feb 2016

Post 22 Nov 2020

Loque wrote:
22 Nov 2020
JensHaglof wrote:
22 Nov 2020
Ok here's my entry! Everything is made with ES400 except for the vocals obviously. :) Good luck everybody!
I like it. And i had a quick listen to your soundcloud stuff and noticed, its the first release since 5 years. You should keep on making more stuff :thumbs_up:
Thank you! Yeah it's been a while since I wrote music. I just haven't had the motivation do to it. I really should start again, this contest could maybe be the trigger! :)

User avatar
Aosta
Posts: 439
Joined: 26 Jun 2017

Post 22 Nov 2020

Here you go :D

Had some serious fun playing with the synth.

All sounds are the ES400 + Reason stock effects + Ekssperimental Sounds Filter Chain X81X87 (I just adore that reverb)

Loads of great tracks submitted!! It is great to see challenges making a comeback

Enjoy...

Tend the flame

User avatar
Sven V
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Nov 2020

Post 22 Nov 2020

Instrument: Ekssperimental Sounds ES400 FM Synth for all sounds
Effects: Ekssperimental Sounds TapeEcho MKII and Reason stock effects.


PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 1479
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 22 Nov 2020

Some really nice tracks on this contest!

User avatar
Manoosh
Posts: 29
Joined: 26 Jan 2017

Post 22 Nov 2020

:reason:
Last edited by Manoosh on 27 Nov 2020, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1770
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 23 Nov 2020

15 minutes before the deadline.. yep, that's not unheard of in my life ;)

I wanted to challenge myself, so I made this with 19 instances of ES400 synthesizers and a bunch of Ekssperimental Sounds Rack Extensions ONLY. Mixed on Reason's SSL with two stock mastering Combinators at the very end of my chain for loudness purposes.



Thanks for this fun challenge, fantastic entries everyone!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 235
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 23 Nov 2020

huh. nice song. i like it. not my style. but song is awesome. on level. thumbs up.
two songs so far i liked. :)
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix GL753VD | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Win10Home64 | Propellerhead Reason 10

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1770
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 23 Nov 2020

ohhhh thank you, very nice of you to say! :) it's not my typical genre either but it's what I gravitated towards to naturally in the process, because I started with the drums and they gave me that light poppy IDM feel, so I just rolled with it. Seems like Aosta felt slightly the same? :thumbs_up:
And wait a minute, did you pull out of the competition, Rising Night Wave?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 5558
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 23 Nov 2020

diminished wrote:
23 Nov 2020
ohhhh thank you, very nice of you to say! :) it's not my typical genre either but it's what I gravitated towards to naturally in the process, because I started with the drums and they gave me that light poppy IDM feel, so I just rolled with it. Seems like Aosta felt slightly the same? :thumbs_up:
And wait a minute, did you pull out of the competition, Rising Night Wave?
Always risky pulling out at the last minute.
丰2ॐ

User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 391
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 23 Nov 2020

A lot of great tracks, congrats to everyone involved. I thought I had til midnight for some reason, ah well!
:reason: 11 on Win10

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 235
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 23 Nov 2020

diminished wrote:
23 Nov 2020
ohhhh thank you, very nice of you to say! :) it's not my typical genre either but it's what I gravitated towards to naturally in the process, because I started with the drums and they gave me that light poppy IDM feel, so I just rolled with it. Seems like Aosta felt slightly the same? :thumbs_up:
And wait a minute, did you pull out of the competition, Rising Night Wave?
yes. what shall i say? - sorry? :oops: - i found this synth extremely uninspiring. so i gave up. eh... next time with next competition. :thumbs_up:
revnege shall be mine! :twisted:


:roll:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix GL753VD | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Win10Home64 | Propellerhead Reason 10

User avatar
diminished
Posts: 1770
Joined: 15 Dec 2018

Post 23 Nov 2020

Adabler wrote:
23 Nov 2020
A lot of great tracks, congrats to everyone involved. I thought I had til midnight for some reason, ah well!
joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2020
That will be today/tonight. It is Nov 23, 12AM CET. So the deadline is before Monday CET. Make sense? So for example, that is 6PM EST today.
Maybe you do, because Joey referred to 6pm EST. But that statement didn't make any sense yesterday when he wrote it.

PSA: it's always wise to not use am/pm, especially when you're referring to CET, but if you do, use 11:59 instead of 12:00 :D

I'm now more confused than ever, haha.
And I might actually give my entry some tweaking if the deadline is in fact in 10 hours and 45 minutes, and was not 1 hour and 15 minutes ago.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

User avatar
Adabler
Posts: 391
Joined: 05 Oct 2017
Location: Oslo

Post 23 Nov 2020

diminished wrote:
23 Nov 2020
Maybe you do, because Joey referred to 6pm EST. But that statement didn't make any sense yesterday when he wrote it.

PSA: it's always wise to not use am/pm, especially when you're referring to CET, but if you do, use 11:59 instead of 12:00 :D

I'm now more confused than ever, haha.
And I might actually give my entry some tweaking if the deadline is in fact in 10 hours and 45 minutes, and was not 1 hour and 15 minutes ago.
Aw, great news! Hopefully Joey can clarify!

We should all start using Swatch Internet Time to avoid confusion in the future! :D
:reason: 11 on Win10

User avatar
ekss
RE Developer
Posts: 241
Joined: 09 Nov 2015
Location: Stockholm

Post 23 Nov 2020

Hi!

12 PM 23/11 was midnight when sunday turned to monday (CET) - taking in consideration that some people, for example in California, is 9 hours behind we decided to have the deadline a little bit flexible. Since the deadline is now passed with nearly 14 hours let's hereby close the competition for further submissions!

It's very nice to see so many great submissions with a lot of variety - it really gives a good view of the width of sounds possible to make with the ES400.

Now it will be a super difficult task to rank the submissions and to select the winner -it will take a few days so the winners will be announced later this week!

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Trendiction [Bot] and 0 guests