Aphex Twin - ebay sale of Yamaha CS-5

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
danc

20 Nov 2020

So - Aphex Twin's Yamaha CS-5 is currently up for sale on eBay, with the latest bid sitting at US $16,100.00 https://www.ebay.com/itm/184529209534

There's like under 2hrs to go and madly, the reserve price hasn't been met.. how much tips it over the reserve?!

Now, here's a thing - I had a CS-5 back in the 90's - given to me from a friend who found it in their loft (left by a previous owner). I MIDI'd it up using TC Electronics CV<>MIDI box. However... it was really basic and didn't have what I'd call an interesting sound - it was way too low down in the Yamaha CS family tree to get interesting OSC's or modulation. All very basic and bland sounding.

Anyway - I sold it in very early 2000's on eBay for a few hundred £'s. Sole that and a Roland JX-3p around the same time. Maybe this is actually my old CS-5 that's done the rounds. Would be ironic.

Note: nowhere does the sale claim that it was OWNED by Aphex Twin, just has his etchings and was used on an album cover. That's worth a ridiculous small fortune, NOT!

APHEX-CS5.PNG
APHEX-CS5.PNG (255.83 KiB) Viewed 241 times
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information