Reverbs in Mixing

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Dabbler

19 Nov 2020

In this vid CLA says it'd be rough to do this with pro tools.

I think it'd be easy with Reason.

Maybe I'm stupid.

I know I never considered putting more than one reverb or delay on a track.

What do you think?

Loque

19 Nov 2020

So...i was too lazy to listen to the guy, because he was only talking about BBQ, pepper and other food. What he was doing? Mixing/Blending in send FX? Where is the problem with doing this?
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2020

Who the hell puts "pepper" in their cake? That's disgusting.

hurricane
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2020

I'm looking forward to this reverb-delay-depth multi-routing cla mix-hub like plugin that might be coming, but it's probably going to be too complex for practical use. Mixhub's internal routing/organization is kind of a pain for me, and honestly I usually just end up using it as a standalone SSL channel strip, which by the way, is probably the BEST SSL strip out there. Watching the video and the way he works his effects seems like way too much trouble for me. But still looking forward to whatever this could be. We'll probably get one part of it as the BF freebie, and maybe a $49 intro price for the whole thing.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Dabbler

21 Nov 2020

Loque wrote:
19 Nov 2020
So...i was too lazy to listen to the guy, because he was only talking about BBQ, pepper and other food. What he was doing? Mixing/Blending in send FX? Where is the problem with doing this?
Well, I don't see a problem at all. Looking for feedback on his process.

I think my next track will have two different verbs panned hard R-L with a slap-back echo in the center. That should deliver depth and scenery.

Dabbler

21 Nov 2020

hurricane wrote:
19 Nov 2020
I'm looking forward to this reverb-delay-depth multi-routing cla mix-hub like plugin that might be coming, but it's probably going to be too complex for practical use. Mixhub's internal routing/organization is kind of a pain for me, and honestly I usually just end up using it as a standalone SSL channel strip, which by the way, is probably the BEST SSL strip out there. Watching the video and the way he works his effects seems like way too much trouble for me. But still looking forward to whatever this could be. We'll probably get one part of it as the BF freebie, and maybe a $49 intro price for the whole thing.
Been eying the Liquidsonics' Seventh Heaven, but it's huge man.

nooomy

23 Nov 2020

Dabbler wrote:
21 Nov 2020
Loque wrote:
19 Nov 2020

I think my next track will have two different verbs panned hard R-L with a slap-back echo in the center. That should deliver depth and scenery.
And also potential phase issues. Make shure to mono check that reverb setup before you start mixing with it.

If it is done right you can probably get a super wide reverb.
Although i think it would be easier to get similar result with just one reverb tweaked correctly

PhillipOrdonez

23 Nov 2020

nooomy wrote:
23 Nov 2020
Dabbler wrote:
21 Nov 2020

And also potential phase issues. Make shure to mono check that reverb setup before you start mixing with it.

If it is done right you can probably get a super wide reverb.
Although i think it would be easier to get similar result with just one reverb tweaked correctly
I autopan some of my reverb sends. Not the room one, if I even use one of those, but the reverbs that are there for spice.

• Information