Which wallpaper did you choose from the goodie bag? Pics of Studio!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
craste

17 Nov 2020

I finished my studio today with some acoustic foam, need to get some monitor stands now.

Love the new Reason Studio wallpapers - which one did you choose? Show us a pic!
Reason Studios 2020.jpg
Reason Studios 2020.jpg (323.38 KiB) Viewed 734 times
Reason 2020 Studio.jpg
Reason 2020 Studio.jpg (240.09 KiB) Viewed 734 times

Boombastix
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2020

Just a few friendly suggestions: Take a look at bass traps and diffusers, they can do wonders to room acoustics. IK Multimedia ARC is another super great thing as it will make your speaker response flat after a frequency sweep.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

craste

18 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
17 Nov 2020
Just a few friendly suggestions: Take a look at bass traps and diffusers, they can do wonders to room acoustics. IK Multimedia ARC is another super great thing as it will make your speaker response flat after a frequency sweep.
Thanks for the info, some bass traps are next on my shopping list when I have saved some more pennies.

Directly behind is a tall shelving unit with lots of books/folders on etc all stacked in and out so they act as a really good diffuser.

Even with the Acounstic foam I have put in place already - the bass response is so much better and I don't need to have the volume up so high - its quite dramatic the difference really.

What does the IK Multimedia ARC do - does it just advise where you need more foam? How does it work?

stuk71

18 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
17 Nov 2020
IK Multimedia ARC is another super great thing as it will make your speaker response flat after a frequency sweep.
Just been reading about it... interesting

earwig83

18 Nov 2020

Wow, that was my first MIDI board! Wish I still had it, along with the PCI M-audio 2496 audiophile. Those were the days.

The new wallpaper graphics aren't my thing. Overall, the new Reason Studios branding is looking better than it first did, including on the website. But it still needs work and simplification.

But as a designer, I feel they have been trying too many flat and tacky design styles/patterns and makes the brand look immature and unpolished.

You look at something like Native Instruments branding and experience and it just looks more polished despite the variety from product to product. This is mostly done by keeping website elements minimal like reducing the amount of weird icons and shapes and focusing more on sub-product logos, typefaces and/or the hero images.

But back to Reason, I do like the unified beige-y and orange and black vibe the website gives because it reminds me of the classics reason look overall. But the wallpapers are a no go for me. I resisted the departure from the black red and white page but the more I think about it, the more I think that was actually worst! So technically the new look has unified the brand image, to an extent.

Nothing will beat the classic Reason 5 era look and feel for the brand and I think they should use that as their guide moving forward. I think they introduced the wonky scribble drawings around 6.0 and it has been a hodgepodge hit and miss design-wise since.

craste

19 Nov 2020

earwig83 wrote:
18 Nov 2020
Wow, that was my first MIDI board! Wish I still had it, along with the PCI M-audio 2496 audiophile. Those were the days.

The new wallpaper graphics aren't my thing. Overall, the new Reason Studios branding is looking better than it first did, including on the website. But it still needs work and simplification.

But as a designer, I feel they have been trying too many flat and tacky design styles/patterns and makes the brand look immature and unpolished.

You look at something like Native Instruments branding and experience and it just looks more polished despite the variety from product to product. This is mostly done by keeping website elements minimal like reducing the amount of weird icons and shapes and focusing more on sub-product logos, typefaces and/or the hero images.

But back to Reason, I do like the unified beige-y and orange and black vibe the website gives because it reminds me of the classics reason look overall. But the wallpapers are a no go for me. I resisted the departure from the black red and white page but the more I think about it, the more I think that was actually worst! So technically the new look has unified the brand image, to an extent.

Nothing will beat the classic Reason 5 era look and feel for the brand and I think they should use that as their guide moving forward. I think they introduced the wonky scribble drawings around 6.0 and it has been a hodgepodge hit and miss design-wise since.
Thats good to know we have designers in the house! Have you ever designed a brand/logo for a DJ/producer?

earwig83

20 Nov 2020

Hey there craste.

I don't specialize in logo design specifically but I definitely worked on ones here or there (not necessarily for dj/producers). I do also know a guy who is quite good at that. Feel free to share a link to your stuff, I didn't see one!

• Information