16 Nov 2020
Yep, you read it right...

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -VirtualCZ
Bargain? Any chance you could tell me?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

13 bucks for Casio's most iconic synth... bargain? You decide.
If you need, then yes. If you have no use, weeeeeellll?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Hahaha. I don’t need anything, especially not another synth. But the GAS?...weeeeeeell.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Boombastix wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Hahaha. I don’t need anything, especially not another synth. But the GAS?...weeeeeeell.
Ha ha, hold on to your hat, we are in the Black Friday GAS storm!

1reasonable

16 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
16 Nov 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Nov 2020

Who actually NEEDS any of these toys? ;-)
I used to own a CZ-101 - bought it when they first came out back in the day - so an absolute bargain for me! Vince Clarke (Depeche Mode, Yazoo, Erasure) was a big fan. I remember a picture from a music mag with him posing with a four storey stand of CZ-101s all MIDI’d up together!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oqgd7wYv0nA/T ... 32_sos.jpg

I’ve wasted much more than this cost in the past with rubbish refills etc., so many thanks for posting Boombastix!
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

1reasonable wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Boombastix wrote:
16 Nov 2020

Who actually NEEDS any of these toys? ;-)
I used to own a CZ-101 - bought it when they first came out back in the day - so an absolute bargain for me! Vince Clarke (Depeche Mode, Yazoo, Erasure) was a big fan. I remember a picture from a music mag with him posing with a four storey stand of CZ-101s all MIDI’d up together!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oqgd7wYv0nA/T ... 32_sos.jpg

I’ve wasted much more than this cost in the past with rubbish refills etc., so many thanks for posting Boombastix!
First album I ever bought was Upstairs at Eric’s so I’ll maybe need to look at this.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dioxide

16 Nov 2020

Yeah this is a great synth and this is a bargain price.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

Hej. It just got better. If you buy it you can get either D16group Drumazon, Eventude Quadravox, some other plugin or Reason Lite rack for free. Woohoo.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

stuk71

16 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Hej. It just got better. If you buy it you can get either D16group Drumazon, Eventude Quadravox, some other plugin or Reason Lite rack for free. Woohoo.

Just picked it up.. sounds good, especially with a dose of DR-1 - no brainer if you like 80s/synth/retrowave type stuff

Picked it up with Animate with the current PB deal

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

stuk71 wrote:
16 Nov 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Nov 2020

Just picked it up.. sounds good, especially with a dose of DR-1 - no brainer if you like 80s/synth/retrowave type stuff

Aha...Animate was the one I wasn't interested in. I'm struggling with what to choose. I've got the Jackbox 909 but Drumazon is maybe better? Quadravox may or may not be good on guitar. What's the deal with Animate? Why'd you choose that?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

stuk71

16 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Nov 2020
stuk71 wrote:
16 Nov 2020

Aha...Animate was the one I wasn't interested in. I'm struggling with what to choose. I've got the Jackbox 909 but Drumazon is maybe better? Quadravox may or may not be good on guitar. What's the deal with Animate? Why'd you choose that?
Ha! I was toying with Drumazon but have Jackbox too... and Kings of Kong, Umpf Retro.. so felt I was pretty covered!

I have Polar... but don’t play guitar.. but have used Polar to some good effect regardless.... felt that Quadravox would be wasted on me.

Recently demoed Reference 2 by the same company as Animate, thought it was pretty good... that’s why I chose it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

stuk71 wrote:
16 Nov 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Nov 2020

Ha! I was toying with Drumazon but have Jackbox too... and Kings of Kong, Umpf Retro.. so felt I was pretty covered!

I have Polar... but don’t play guitar.. but have used Polar to some good effect regardless.... felt that Quadravox would be wasted on me.

Recently demoed Reference 2 by the same company as Animate, thought it was pretty good... that’s why I chose it.
Have you had a chance to try it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

stuk71

16 Nov 2020

Not yet... looks sexy though

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

Right...I've trialed it and I like it. Can somebody help me though...some of the patches, for example "space echo" have a delay on them. I can't find a delay effect so I'm wondering what button to press to turn of the echo. Would appreciate some pointer. Thanks
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

R&B producer Babyface also used the CZ on some of his hits for the thumping bass.

I'd say Quadravox is the no brainier pick.
If you have it then probably the drum machine.

QV can do magic on synths, vocals, pretty much everything you throw at it. If can even do delayed arpeggios. Probably what UJAM Flux does in one of their algo's, for 100 bucks mind you.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
16 Nov 2020
R&B producer Babyface also used the CZ on some of his hits for the thumping bass.

I'd say Quadravox is the no brainier pick.
If you have it then probably the drum machine.

QV can do magic on synths, vocals, pretty much everything you throw at it. If can even do delayed arpeggios. Probably what UJAM Flux does in one of their algo's, for 100 bucks mind you.
What about the delay I asked about? Have you any idea how to switch it off?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Which plugin? CZ? Check the envelopes, it is programmed in the MSEGs, no other way to generate a delay when there is no FX.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
16 Nov 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Which plugin? CZ? Check the envelopes, it is programmed in the MSEGs, no other way to generate a delay when there is no FX.
Thanks. Yeah CZ. Some of the patches have got an echo. I like the sounds but I’d like them better without the echo. I am clueless about how synths work. Figured there might be a button I’m missing.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
16 Nov 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Yeah...I found a knob on the Amp Envelope called AEG1 Rate3...turned that down and the echo went away. Don't understand why really.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

loopeydoug

16 Nov 2020

Ooh, I'm all over this. Considering Arturia V collection with their CZ being a big draw. I picked up CZ-5000 last year but I find myself really missing velocity(only available in the CZ-1). I'm a big velocity guy.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Boombastix wrote:
16 Nov 2020

Yeah...I found a knob on the Amp Envelope called AEG1 Rate3...turned that down and the echo went away. Don't understand why really.
Pretty simple actually. The envelope starts when you press down a key. If the first segment to an envelop it set to 0 volume, it starts with silence, then the envelope might go high quickly, and the volume jumps up abruptly, but delayed.

I used that technique in a few of my eXpanse refill patches, to create more dynamic sounds. Different delays creates chorusing, to thickening, to flams, if you let one oscillator start later but pitched to a 5th, you get even cooler effects. Nice for bells and plucks. I also used envelopes to jump up upon release to create interesting swells when the key is released.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
16 Nov 2020
MrFigg wrote:
16 Nov 2020

Pretty simple actually. The envelope starts when you press down a key. If the first segment to an envelop it set to 0 volume, it starts with silence, then the envelope might go high quickly, and the volume jumps up abruptly, but delayed.

I used that technique in a few of my eXpanse refill patches, to create more dynamic sounds. Different delays creates chorusing, to thickening, to flams, if you let one oscillator start later but pitched to a 5th, you get even cooler effects. Nice for bells and plucks. I also used envelopes to jump up upon release to create interesting swells when the key is released.
I really should try and read a book about how it all works. I usually just twist stuff until it sounds good. It'd be nice to know what I'm doing.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

loopeydoug wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Ooh, I'm all over this. Considering Arturia V collection with their CZ being a big draw. I picked up CZ-5000 last year but I find myself really missing velocity(only available in the CZ-1). I'm a big velocity guy.
The Artuiria is nice too, but they added a standard LP filter and FX, so most patches are dosed in filter + reverb, making them very generic sounding, compared to well programmed CZ using only a chorus. That is why I decided to go with Virtual CZ. I wish the patch browsing was better and envelope visualization too, but the true sound is there. Many great patches, just add a little delay/chorus/reverb to taste.

On the Arturia, programming was a mess since I had to jump between 3 tabs (!) to dial in the filter setting properly, super bad work-flow implementation. And since I have Arturia Labs I got all the Arturia CZ patches, so Virtual CZ was an easy decision. At $13 you get patches worth $50, and can load up CZ sysex patches from around the web.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

Right...bought.
I just downloaded a whole load of sysex files off the net.
I can load the banks...there is 16 presets in each bank...there is 64 available slots it would seem. So the first 16 slots get filled up by A1-A8 and B1-B8 then the remaining slots are filled by the included presets.
How can I edit the bank so when I save it I only get the 16 files from the sysex bank I loaded. That is to say, delete the other presets so they aren't saved.
Is there any way I can load up 4 of my 16 preset sysex banks to create a large 64 preset bank?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information