Vital is out, basic version is free

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

09 Nov 2020

Lot of ppl were waiting for the successor of Helm. Anybody already checked it out?

https://vital.audio/
Reason12, Win10

Rising Night Wave

09 Nov 2020

this looks and sounds cool :thumbs_up:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Mike B

09 Nov 2020

Thanks for this. Will definitely keep an eye on it and dl once released :thumbs_up:

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2020

I have been messing about with vital this morning and have to say I really like it so far. I still have a few things to figure out but overall it is easy to understand and gives great visual feedback on modulation etc. Just made a couple of plucks, pads and basses so far but sounded good (more digital like serum than say a diva or dune3 if you get what I mean).

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2020

Early access link here in this video if anyone wants it

Boombastix
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2020

Wow, sounds great. $20 is über cheap, crazy...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2020

Boombastix wrote:
15 Nov 2020
Wow, sounds great. $20 is über cheap, crazy...
It will be free on 24th but I always planned to get pro deal with text to wavetable and apparently having got pre access I can upgrade to the pro version for $55 according to people on other forums.

Edit: you can definitely upgrade to pro for $55 on the 24th Nov. Confirmed by developer

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2020

What’s the CPU hit like?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2020

MrFigg wrote:
15 Nov 2020
What’s the CPU hit like?
Some are the preset patches are quite cpu intensive but most of what I have made are ok. I havent gone crazy yet though as only used it on a current project so sound design has been fairly basic. Sound design wise though I am enjoying it as the gui is very informative and easy to use. I dont think this early access version has the text to wavetable though and believe you need pro for that (or I havent found it and the gui is not as informative as I make out 🤣).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2020

Popey wrote:
15 Nov 2020
MrFigg wrote:
15 Nov 2020
What’s the CPU hit like?
Some are the preset patches are quite cpu intensive but most of what I have made are ok. I havent gone crazy yet though as only used it on a current project so sound design has been fairly basic. Sound design wise though I am enjoying it as the gui is very informative and easy to use. I dont think this early access version has the text to wavetable though and believe you need pro for that (or I havent found it and the gui is not as informative as I make out 🤣).
I really, really don’t need another synth. Reckon I’ll just try the free one.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dusan.cani

15 Nov 2020

Popey wrote:
15 Nov 2020

I dont think this early access version has the text to wavetable though and believe you need pro for that (or I havent found it and the gui is not as informative as I make out 🤣).
It should has "text-to-wavetable" in all editions. However it's limited in free edition as I understand it correctly.

dusan.cani

15 Nov 2020

This is good video about sound design capabilities of the synth:

Popey
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2020

dusan.cani wrote:
15 Nov 2020
This is good video about sound design capabilities of the synth:

Thanks dusan that was really helpful and found text to wavetable feature now 👍

kuhliloach

15 Nov 2020

This is really exciting. There's a Linux version! Gotta wonder how this would run on a new $70 Pi400?

miscend

16 Nov 2020

Is this any competition for Europa?

Loque

16 Nov 2020

miscend wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Featurewise its a slap in the face of a lot of commercial products. I am looking forward to try and check quality and workflow.
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

miscend wrote:
16 Nov 2020
Not really, since Europa is sold bundled into Reason and it no longer exists as a VST.

It is in direct competition with Serum, Synthmaster, PhasePlant, Hive, Pigments, Spire, and so on. Especially if there will be a lot of presets made up and sold/given away. Obviously, provided its sound capability holds up, but it seems very impressive.

chaosroyale

16 Nov 2020

Do you mean - is it a replacement for Europa as the "quick and easy wavetable-lite synth" in Reason? No. Europa does that job just fine.

If you mean - is it a more powerful synth than Europa for sound design, then yes, much more powerful, at least from first impressions.
miscend wrote:
16 Nov 2020

Micha1973

16 Nov 2020

Bought :puf_bigsmile:

..and great! Sounds for me better than Serum - but that's everyone's business
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

I bought it. Don't need it really. But felt i wanted to support. Might be useful for some EDM stuff I need to finish. I don't have Serum, Hive, Pigments, so I guess it might add something to the dozen other synths I have.

It is clean and snappy like Serum. I have the Serum demo, so I compared. The patches are kinda ho-hum, but my guess there will be much more once people start sharing their creations.

Modulation is like KiloHearts, ie easy. Seems very user friendly. You listening IL (Harmor), Papen, etc?

Looks much more user friendly that eXpanse as well. It has large easy to use windows to draw in your curves.

I haven't check out the FX yet, but the reverb sounded ok on initial listening (such a weakness in many synths, except Dune, Massive X, and Spire, afaik).

fieldframe
RE Developer

16 Nov 2020

I didn't think I needed another synth right now, but some of these features like built-in stereo offsets for modulation and the ability to spread unison voices over wavetable position/modifier are actually some fresh ideas. Not just gimmicks, but something I could see using a lot.

It's also really cool to see the developer prioritizing UI performance with hardware-accelerated, 60fps graphics. Having used Unfiltered Audio's Lion, another synth with some new ideas but not a very optimized UI renderer, this stuff is important!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

16 Nov 2020

Tested a bit more. The unison is SUPER - you can spread things out in multiple ways (Advanced page). Reverb/Chorus are OK, nothing special, but fine. The Phaser is nice. The bit crusher lets you dial in the sound with a mix knob and filter, perfect just to add a hint of ringy tone. The stereo offset of LFOs is VERY nice. If you want big pads - this one is a killer for it.

Just did this patch to try it out. The work-flow is great, you can do things pretty fast and easy. I guess a lot of people liked Serum for that, so this one will compete quite well is my guess.
Ambient Pad Bounced.mp3
(294 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Mistro17

16 Nov 2020

As a visual artist this was an instant purchase for me. Especially since I'm new to synths and the visuals and animations makes my learning process so much easier. And I can draw :D

dusan.cani

17 Nov 2020

Has someone tried it within Reason 10 ? Does it work ok there ?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2020

dusan.cani wrote:
17 Nov 2020
Has someone tried it within Reason 10 ? Does it work ok there ?
10.4 here. Works like a charm... It is a bit "light" on the presets, but then the price is light too. The synth, so far, is very good, has that Serum clean sound and punch.

• Information