Sequencer / Piano Roll request

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
KGB

15 Nov 2020

This helper that automatically inverts the keys appropriately into scale

Billy+

15 Nov 2020

KGB wrote:
15 Nov 2020

Chords & Scales has an inversion knob
Last edited by Billy+ on 15 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

KGB

15 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
15 Nov 2020
KGB wrote:
15 Nov 2020

Keys & Scales has an inversion knob
I know but these things should be built into the piano roll..it's low on my list but it's a cool feature nonetheless.

pushedbutton

15 Nov 2020

Scales & Chords has an inversion knob.
You can automate it in the sequencer.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Billy+

15 Nov 2020

KGB wrote:
15 Nov 2020

I know but these things should be built into the piano roll..it's low on my list but it's a cool feature nonetheless.
I see what you're saying, but if you're looking to create something your self it much better to understand how any why the voicing works rather than relying too much on some smart scaler. Don't get me wrong they are very helpful but a little bit of understanding can go a long way.

If you watch the video you hear him use the term "more natural" and he is correct by saying that, but the reason it sounds more natural is because hands aren't big enough to press those note in the real world on a piano over such a large spacing so it's natural for the player to voice the notes in a more comfortable pattern.

diminished
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2020

I've given up on Reason's sequencer, and I found everything I ever wanted and more in Cubase.

:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

• Information