12 Keyboard Shortcuts I Would Like To See

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Creativemind

14 Mar 2020

* Shortcut to Change Soundcards (Specify a Second Soundcard to Toggle Between in the Audio Preferences - A Primary and Secondary)
* Shortcut to Make All Selected Notes the Same Length in the Midi Editor (Maybe by the Snap Setting?)
* Shortcut to Move Clips Up / Down a Track in the Sequencer
* Shortcut to Put End Marker a Specified Distance (specified in bars in preferences) After the Last Clip In Project
* Shortcut to Select All Clips On a Track
* Shortcut to Select Everything After the Song Position Pointer
* Shortcut to Select Everything Before the Song Position Pointer
* Shortcut to Select Everything Between the L/R Locators
* Shortcut to Send a Note or Notes to the Beginning of a Clip in the Midi Editor
* Shortcut to Show / Hide Automation Lanes
* Shortcut to Slice By Song Position Pointer
* Shortcut to Toggle Between the Absolute and Relative Snap

And if you were to say to me, "I don't need them". Fine. Don't use them, you'd never know they were there but they'd definitely come in handy. Save a lot of time in some cases too. Adding all these wouldn't take much time to code surely but think how convenient they'd be.

I suppose not many people would use the first one but for me it would be very useful as I don't have proper speaker monitors so I'm always listening through headphones (through my audio interface on one soundcard) and then switching to another soundcard to play my track through my computer speakers.

Thanks!
Last edited by Creativemind on 07 Dec 2020, edited 6 times in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

joeyluck

14 Mar 2020

Creativemind wrote:
14 Mar 2020
* Shortcut to Change Soundcards (Specify a Second Soundcard to Toggle Between in the Audio Preferences)
Wow the timing!

I had just bumped this old thread of mine :puf_smile:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7503328

Adding the soundcard to those definitions would be handy as well.

Creativemind

14 Mar 2020

joeyluck wrote:
14 Mar 2020
Creativemind wrote:
14 Mar 2020
* Shortcut to Change Soundcards (Specify a Second Soundcard to Toggle Between in the Audio Preferences)
Wow the timing!

Your idea is slightly different than mine though. Good idea though. Come on Reason Studios, up your game lol!

joeyluck

14 Mar 2020

Creativemind wrote:
14 Mar 2020
joeyluck wrote:
14 Mar 2020

Wow the timing!

Your idea is slightly different than mine though. Good idea though. Come on Reason Studios, up your game lol!
Yeah I only meant the ideas are similar in being quick ways to change something in audio settings.

EdwardKiy

14 Mar 2020

I've thought long and hard about it, and I don't think adding shortcuts will cut it (although some of them I desperately want). There's so much stuff missing in the sequencer, that it's still going to suck. It's like you'll be able to speed up by an additional 3km/h before hitting a brick wall. It's that bad. I'm just months into Reason, and I didn't know how bad it was (the sequencer) until I had my friend producer (Live) and an engineer (Cubase) come over to my house for a few days and they showed me exactly what a derelict Monument to Failure it is from multiple angles. I still want Reason to be the best DAW because it should be. I'm making an overlord sequencer post with your requests as part of it. Might finish the compilation tomorrow at the gym.

Would be nice if you'd chime in!
Last edited by EdwardKiy on 14 Mar 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Mike B

14 Mar 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
14 Mar 2020
I've thought long and hard about it, and I don't think adding shortcuts will cut it (although some of them I desperately want). There's so much stuff missing in the sequencer, that it's still going to suck. It's like you'll be able to speed up by an additional 3km/h before hitting a brick wall. It's that bad. I'm just months into Reason, and I didn't know how bad it was until I had my friend producer (Live) and an engineer (Cubase) come over to my house for a few days and they showed me exactly what a derelict Monument to Failure it is from multiple angles. I still want Reason to be the best DAW because it should be. I'm making an overlord sequencer post with your requests as part of it. Might finish the compilation tomorrow at the gym.

Agreed. They first need to update (majorly) the sequencer, and then make it possible to make custom shortcuts for both Windows and Mac users. Like Studio One.

Creativemind

12 Nov 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
14 Mar 2020
I've thought long and hard about it, and I don't think adding shortcuts will cut it (although some of them I desperately want). There's so much stuff missing in the sequencer, that it's still going to suck. It's like you'll be able to speed up by an additional 3km/h before hitting a brick wall. It's that bad. I'm just months into Reason, and I didn't know how bad it was (the sequencer) until I had my friend producer (Live) and an engineer (Cubase) come over to my house for a few days and they showed me exactly what a derelict Monument to Failure it is from multiple angles. I still want Reason to be the best DAW because it should be. I'm making an overlord sequencer post with your requests as part of it. Might finish the compilation tomorrow at the gym.

Did you make your overlord sequencer thread?

EdwardKiy

12 Nov 2020

Creativemind wrote:
12 Nov 2020
Yeah man, I have. It's prepped and good to go on my hard drive, but when I did the "call to action" a while back where I invited all the RS representatives through personal links, not one of them responded. Not one. Not even a lousy "we'll get back to this" or "we're having a look every now and then". Just nothing.

Creativemind

12 Nov 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
12 Nov 2020
Creativemind wrote:
12 Nov 2020
Yeah man, I have. It's prepped and good to go on my hard drive, but when I did the "call to action" a while back where I invited all the RS representatives through personal links, not one of them responded. Not one. Not even a lousy "we'll get back to this" or "we're having a look every now and then". Just nothing.
Oh I thought you meant 'thread on here'. So you messaged them. Yeah I have a few times over the years, only got a reply I think once or twice. No reply past couple of times. Poor customer service isn't it. You just get the initial automated response.

So nothing back for you, doesn't fill you with joy or give you faith.

Creativemind

07 Dec 2020

Got another couple of shortcuts I'd like to see:-

A shortcut to swap or switch 2 clips on any track including the same track.
A shortcut to toggle between Song Position Pointer Returning to the Last Position or having that off.

• Information