AudioThing Wires

Discuss VST stuff here!

Steedus
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2020

Extra $10 discount if you already own Reels (brings it to $29 USD). It's an interesting effect, and at least in operation and function very similar to Reels. Still deciding if I like it enough to grab it. Click on the reels to activate a kind of audio easter egg.

stillifegaijin

08 Nov 2020

Very, very cool. Thank for posting this. I got it!

Libraquaricorn

11 Nov 2020

I'm in love with this thing. It's the first thing to trick me away from my hardware and back to my DAW in months...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Jul 2021

Anybody got this one? What do you think? Niche?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dvdrtldg

26 Jul 2021

MrFigg wrote:
26 Jul 2021
Kinda niche... but what it does is so lovely it makes you want to inhabit that niche full time. There's something about the "found on a reel of tape buried beneath a creepy abandoned hospital" effect, or the "beaming in from 1973 on a Soviet Russian military frequency" effect that instantly turns any audio signal into a piece of beautiful atmospheric sound art. So for anyone interested in low-fi analog type drones or William Basinski style end-of-the-world sound mangling, there's nothing like it. Seriously, I've spent years making this kind of music using elaborate FX chains and crazy CV modding, and Wires makes it so easy I kinda want to give up :lol:

For more everyday purposes, it's a great saturator. Just driving the input with everything else set to zero sounds fantastic. There's a certain kind of soft, blankety distortion that I've been looking for in a plugin since forever, and this one really brings it

It's got some nice features, and it's a cool one-of-a-kind delay unit as well. I love it

MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
26 Jul 2021
MrFigg wrote:
26 Jul 2021
Kinda niche... but what it does is so lovely it makes you want to inhabit that niche full time. There's something about the "found on a reel of tape buried beneath a creepy abandoned hospital" effect, or the "beaming in from 1973 on a Soviet Russian military frequency" effect that instantly turns any audio signal into a piece of beautiful atmospheric sound art. So for anyone interested in low-fi analog type drones or William Basinski style end-of-the-world sound mangling, there's nothing like it. Seriously, I've spent years making this kind of music using elaborate FX chains and crazy CV modding, and Wires makes it so easy I kinda want to give up :lol:

For more everyday purposes, it's a great saturator. Just driving the input with everything else set to zero sounds fantastic. There's a certain kind of soft, blankety distortion that I've been looking for in a plugin since forever, and this one really brings it

It's got some nice features, and it's a cool one-of-a-kind delay unit as well. I love it
Yeah. Totally. About 20 minutes after I posted this I tried it. Then I thought nah…don’t need it so uninstalled it again. Then I started doing some stuff with Reels which is an absolutely magic plugin. Was enjoying myself so much I reinstalled Wires and tried it on a piano. Long and short of it is that I now have it :). Love it :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information