Cubase 11

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?

deeplink
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2020

The sample slicer looks incredible
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

diminished
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2020

it has an adjustable transient detection threshold, can you imagine? and you can now drop rex files into it...
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Creativemind

11 Nov 2020

diminished wrote:
11 Nov 2020
it has an adjustable transient detection threshold, can you imagine? and you can now drop rex files into it...
Still waiting for Reason to just tell me where on the timeline the transient markers are. I needed to adjust a guitar strum a while back so it coincided with a kick drum and noticed Reason doesn't have Transient Time Displays in Slice Edit.

Sometimes in some ways Reason doesn't feel grown up.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

hurricane
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2020

Man, the latest Logic update, plus Ableton Live 11 and Cubase 11 just make Reason feel like it is falling behind even faster and faster. Not saying V12 has to have EVERYTHING, but I don't want any more of these puny updates where I can count the new features on one hand.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Jackjackdaw

11 Nov 2020

I had high hopes for the sampler track v2, but apparently they haven't fixed the sample file location bug yet. (sampler track presets or archived project files break the sample file link). As a Reason / Cubase user I despair. I wish I had just invested in Ableton suite!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2020

Oh, they included the iZotope RX extract vocals type thing. And a ton of workflow additions.

Project exporting, wav instr, wav full mix, mp3 instr, mp3 full mix - with one click, time saver. Can bounce out with send fx too. So useful when you collab.

It is a very solid upgrade, that Smasher plugin is an OTT killer :o

Pitch bend snap to note. I don't know how many times I've been sitting trying to edit this by ear of using a tuner. Now snap, done, next thing.

Don't understand those that complain, it is worth 100 bucks. Here is s great summary of several, but not all features. I'll buy this upgrade.

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

dannyF

11 Nov 2020

hurricane wrote:
11 Nov 2020
Man, the latest Logic update, plus Ableton Live 11 and Cubase 11 just make Reason feel like it is falling behind even faster and faster. Not saying V12 has to have EVERYTHING, but I don't want any more of these puny updates where I can count the new features on one hand.
is there actually ANY new features? or just more new Rack Extensions. Seriously thinking moving to Cubase 11. Reason has become exactly like I predicted it would in my avatar.

I'm gone if they don't deliver on 12 big time.

Oquasec

11 Nov 2020

To be expected
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

miscend

12 Nov 2020

Jackjackdaw

12 Nov 2020

I just watched the Dom Sigalas vid and it blew me away. My gripes aside, the new features are awesome. I immediately upgraded from Artist 10.5 to Pro 11.

Reason is never going to match a DAW like Cubase for production horsepower but I still love it as a sound design environment. If you are constantly hitting its limitations then definitely consider another DAW but I can assure you whatever other DAW you choose, the devs will drive you up the wall with what they choose to work on in their updates!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2020

Cubase can slice using threshold, use REX files, and do Rewire. There is almost more Reason in Cubase than it is in Reason :shock:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2020

Oh, they do UI scaling too, one less reason to pay for Waves V12 upgrades, Steinberg did it instead, lol

miscend

14 Nov 2020

They added slicing to the sampler. But where is the key detection?

dannyF

15 Nov 2020

Actually got Digital Performer Lite with my MOTU 128.

really like their implentation of Clip Launcher, so much better imo than Abelton which I have always despised.

jam-s

16 Nov 2020

hurricane wrote:
11 Nov 2020
I think Reason 12 will basically only have HiDPI support as a new feature. Well, if we're very lucky they might also include track/mixchannel folders. If Hell froze over again, the GUI update would also bring an updated Combinator (and perhaps some upgraded stock devices), but I doubt it to be there in 12.0. Maybe in a 12.5 update.

• Information