Player patches

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
challism

26 Oct 2020

Players are really a fun and exciting feature for those of us who use them. This is a thread to showcase some of the great Players in the Reason Rack. Share some of your player patches with the RT community. In addition to patches, it would be great to also see some videos showing how your player stack creations work.

Since not everybody has all the players, please be courteous and list all the players required to run your patches.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Oct 2020

Good idea. Looking at other folks combis really helps me understand what’s going on with the Player.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

mjxl

27 Oct 2020

This is one that's super useful, it re-routes the pads on my M-Audio Oxygen 25 to the correct notes for drum machines (redrum, kong, UMPF etc)
So pad 1-8 corresponds to C1 -> G1 :thumbs_up: :puf_bigsmile:
It's just a DeltaMIDI patch, nothing else involved here.

I have a few patches here and there, if only i sorted my folder from the start D: (i will post some stuff later on :roll: )
Attachments
DeltaMIDI - Oxygen25PadFixer - mjxl.zip
(1.64 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

Billy+

27 Oct 2020

Looks like we might be in for some players today!

viewtopic.php?p=523543#p523543

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2020

Where do I start LOL..

Using players as CV devices..

Using the Midi CV converter for layering and using live.

Quick tip using players to get CV note and Gate data to the main Sequencer.

Making use of the CV tap to get Propulsion data to the main Sequencer.

Automatic pattern switching, you can use this against all devices that have patterns that are accessible via a combinator.

Just one little Polystep driving all the notes in this track, also use the player devices Midi CV converter and Delta a lot.

Now this last video is more to do with getting midi data out of VST's however the setup is like using the VST in a middle of a player stack.

I have a few more video's using player devices on my channel.

The PoohBear...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2020

A new one, getting creative with Noteview and other player devices.

Reasonable man

08 Nov 2020

Mad Scientist stuff. Excellent info ....Reason studios are really missing a trick if they dont put some of these routing ideas on a friday livestream sometime.

I've tried more modest versions of this kind of thing in the past (psq and kron heavy!)... but not nearly as advanced. I eventually came to the conclusion that its better to have a seperate player/midi/cv project running parralel to the track your working on... and saving both as song files to the same song folder ..that way when you 'copy pattern to track' after experiments you can paste the final midi clip into your actual track and leave all the routing in your parralel 'worksheet' track...otherwise i've found that its impossible to finish or continue a track with all the routing and wiring and general chaotic mess that insues.

challism

22 Feb 2021

Carly is definitely a mad scientist. We are lucky to have him on RT.

I've been meaning to post some of my player stack creations in this thread... just haven't made it happen yet. Anyway, here's a cool trick using Note Echo to make strums. This player stack is pretty simple. It has Pattern Mutator (can be used without it; it's just providing the notes), Note Echo and Scales & Chords. The mod wheel controls the speed of the strum.

There are three different variations of the patch here. One is just straight MW control over the speed. Another patch has MW control over the speed and also some random CV controlling the MW. The last patch has MW control over the speed and pulsar controlling the MW. Have fun! I hope someone enjoys it.
NoteEchoChordStrum.zip
(8.06 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

mjxl

22 Feb 2021

I mean, I uploaded this at some point :3

djsegwon

21 Feb 2022

any propulsion patches out there?

• Information