Reason 12 Wishlist

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Electric-Metal

31 Oct 2020

Dabbler wrote:
31 Oct 2020
I'd like to see a "Lock LR markers" feature.
So often I need to edit the same number of bars and it seems cumbersome to have to move both L&R marker independently.
Hightlight the clips you intent to loop and hit P. Not really what you're asking for but maybe a bit faster than moving around the markers.
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

kuhliloach

31 Oct 2020

I wish for a Reason that would somehow make me want to use it as a DAW again, rather than a plug-in inside of Logic. It would need to become something that is actively developed.

bluebeatshelter

31 Oct 2020

Midi Out on VSTs or some advanced Midi In routing (1 in routeable to 2 (n) Midi/VST tracks would be nice.
And please make the GUI scale able. This is even more important to me than the Midi stuff...

LukeDunn

01 Nov 2020

Electric-Metal wrote:
31 Oct 2020
Dabbler wrote:
31 Oct 2020
I'd like to see a "Lock LR markers" feature.
So often I need to edit the same number of bars and it seems cumbersome to have to move both L&R marker independently.
You can move your loop region by bar or by loop length using option+shift+up or down, or option+up or down

ksniod

01 Nov 2020

I wish there was an enhancement planned for the blocks, a sort of « block launching » of some kind

Creativemind

01 Nov 2020

Creativemind wrote:
13 Jun 2020
Bobbyd93 wrote:
07 Jun 2020
Reason Gold effects - Apply more parameters and control to the reason classics effects e.g. multiband scream, more comprehensive EQ control for RV7000, separate devices for sometimes unknown devices e.g. who would have thought “pulveriser” has a tremolo unless you’ve used Reason for years?
Multiband Scream?

Yes, maybe (if they update the browser to allow searching of devices within projects) they could throw in, if searching tremolo patches, Pulveriser comes up so it's tagged by Reason Studios, then hopefully it would spur on the user to think, hmmm, why has Pulveriser come up here, better check that out..hey presto!
I know what you mean by Multiband Scream now. Like multiband distortion etc. That would be brilliant. Add Clip Distortion and normal Saturation as opposed to Tape Saturation as well (just a different algorithm) and make all the parameters in the right readings (but if they didn't program the readings they have now to correspond with real readings at the same dial position, it wouldn't be backwards compatible or at least the dial at that position wouldn't be correct to what the new reading was if you get me). What else for a Scream 5?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

guitfnky

01 Nov 2020

one thing I've been wanting lately (though I may have already mentioned it--can't remember)....a shortcut binding for toggling the 'Return to last start position on stop' setting. or even better, a shortcut AND the ability to contextually tie the behavior you want to a particular type of editing. for example, when I've got the Pitch Editor open, I almost always want 'Return to last start position' turned off, but most everywhere else I want it on.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Dabbler

02 Nov 2020

LukeDunn wrote:
01 Nov 2020
Electric-Metal wrote:
31 Oct 2020

You can move your loop region by bar or by loop length using option+shift+up or down, or option+up or down
Thanks Luke.

exxx

03 Nov 2020

Spectral eq showing even lower db / Need more information than -36db

arqui

03 Nov 2020

VST3, Folders Group, improved audio editing, Mono and M/S selection in Master section.... there are always things to improve :)
regards
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

zoidkirb

03 Nov 2020

VST hosting within the RRP.

Creativemind

03 Nov 2020

kuhliloach wrote:
31 Oct 2020
I wish for a Reason that would somehow make me want to use it as a DAW again, rather than a plug-in inside of Logic. It would need to become something that is actively developed.
Yeah, developed a lot. There's just too much missing as they've let it slip further and further behind. It needs at least 60 features imo. I would like 100.

Creativemind

03 Nov 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
03 Nov 2020
+1 for that and VST3 too. I wanted to use a VST in a Combinator in the RRP the other day and then save it as a patch but obviously couldn't.

zoidkirb

03 Nov 2020

Creativemind wrote:
03 Nov 2020
zoidkirb wrote:
03 Nov 2020
+1 for that and VST3 too. I wanted to use a VST in a Combinator in the RRP the other day and then save it as a patch but obviously couldn't.
It would make the RRP a lot more useful for most users, particularly in terms of using all of the wonderful Reason modulators on your VST synths and FX.

Creativemind

04 Nov 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
03 Nov 2020
Creativemind wrote:
03 Nov 2020

It would make the RRP a lot more useful for most users, particularly in terms of using all of the wonderful Reason modulators on your VST synths and FX.
Yeah, would be great and I don't know why this wasn't included in the first place. People have said well it might mean you could load the RRP in itself, they could just program it into the RRP something that stopped that from happening couldn't they?

Does anyone know if the FL Studio VST allows VST's in it?

zoidkirb

04 Nov 2020

Creativemind wrote:
04 Nov 2020
zoidkirb wrote:
03 Nov 2020

Yeah, would be great and I don't know why this wasn't included in the first place. People have said well it might mean you could load the RRP in itself, they could just program it into the RRP something that stopped that from happening couldn't they?

Does anyone know if the FL Studio VST allows VST's in it?
I've seen that said to be a potential problem (I'm thinking of Mattias' 'inception warning') but I think there's no basis for that claim. I've been using Plugin Guru's Unify which is a host that lets you route and modulate layers of vsti/vst fx as a vst inside your daw, somewhat similar to the RRP. It not only allows, but encourages users to layer instances of Unify inside of itself (that's useful for modulating macros) .
You can easily run multiple instances of RRP inside layers within layers of Unify already too.

artmessiah

04 Nov 2020

Probably already mentioned, but multi timberal/multi outs for Kontakt and other vsti's with that option would be great. Also Folder tracks and volume/pan options on sequencer tracks would be all I need.

**** Oh and The implementation of VST3 and Midi Vst should be included in the next update.

Creativemind

05 Nov 2020

artmessiah wrote:
04 Nov 2020
Probably already mentioned, but multi timberal/multi outs for Kontakt and other vsti's with that option would be great. Also Folder tracks and volume/pan options on sequencer tracks would be all I need.

**** Oh and The implementation of VST3 and Midi Vst should be included in the next update.
Yeah where the heck is this update. God it's been months. They said after 11 was released, don't worry about the lack of features 'cause point updates will be coming then something (as in this gui update) hold things up. Last major release (was it?) the optimisation of the vst (which yeah was very very needed) stopped a point update coming out with functional features imo.

To be honest, I'm about ready to give up on Reason. I know I kinda have anyway as I'm using the RRP in Reaper now but I would come back to Reason but would take a hell of a lot of features temp me back now (at least 30.)

jjrh

05 Nov 2020

Creativemind wrote:
05 Nov 2020

Yeah where the heck is this update. God it's been months. They said after 11 was released, don't worry about the lack of features 'cause point updates will be coming then something (as in this gui update) hold things up. Last major release (was it?) the optimisation of the vst (which yeah was very very needed) stopped a point update coming out with functional features imo.
I'm guessing the pandemic has caused some delays as people transition to working from home more often.

Creativemind

05 Nov 2020

jjrh wrote:
05 Nov 2020
Creativemind wrote:
05 Nov 2020

I'm guessing the pandemic has caused some delays as people transition to working from home more often.
Oh yeah, you're probably right.

guitfnky

05 Nov 2020

there have been two, or maybe three point updates to v11 so far, no?

they never said the high resolution update would be included in a point update.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

helmutson

23 Nov 2020

ksniod wrote:
01 Nov 2020
I wish there was an enhancement planned for the blocks, a sort of « block launching » of some kind
Oh yes, it would be so nice to control/remote the single blocks in the sequencer lane. Simply with Remote override and connected with the pads on my Launchkey ... for example.

iamthor4

23 Nov 2020

joeyluck wrote:
26 Aug 2019
Why not a R11 point update wishlist?
you make a list for that

fungames

24 Nov 2020

External midi instrument patch list. Please. With the option to remember and send patch information when loading a song. Also, the abilify to program chance from the daw!

Creativemind

24 Nov 2020

guitfnky wrote:
05 Nov 2020
there have been two, or maybe three point updates to v11 so far, no?

they never said the high resolution update would be included in a point update.
No but when people said that the features in Reason 11 were very light, they said but 11 isn't done yet (as in wait and see what comes in the point updates in terms of features) and guess what, nothing.

• Information