TE TapeEcho Mk2 by Ekssperimental Sounds

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Electric-Metal

03 Nov 2020

And another device by Ekssperimental Sounds hits the shop.

From what I've seen on Twitch a few days ago I'm pretty much convinced already.

Also, this one looks fantastic, IMHO. Congrats Ekks :thumbs_up:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... eecho-mk2/
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

eusti

03 Nov 2020

Wow! That is beautiful! Missing something like ducking... Am I just not seeing it?

D.

Electric-Metal

03 Nov 2020

eusti wrote:
03 Nov 2020
Wow! That is beautiful! Missing something like ducking... Am I just not seeing it?

D.
Indeed, no ducking. Not a dealbreaker though. Maybe the will consider this for a future update. :)

ekss
RE Developer

03 Nov 2020

Thanks for posting!
Haven't considered ducking really - it's kind of a "modern" feature that could be achieved with a sidechaining a compressor when used as a send effect. But yeah, maybe something to look into for a feature update!

There is a 1.0.1 update coming, probably tomorrow - a couple of minor gui-tweaks and a fix of the feedback knob (when on zero there's still a tiny amount of feedback in 1.0.0 - in 1.0.1 it will be no feedback when knob is set to zero, as intended)

Here is the stream from twitch where I'm fiddling around with ES400 and TE TapeEcho:
https://youtu.be/Rl-CNgUQiT0

eusti

03 Nov 2020

ekss wrote:
03 Nov 2020
Thanks for posting!
Haven't considered ducking really - it's kind of a "modern" feature that could be achieved with a sidechaining a compressor when used as a send effect. But yeah, maybe something to look into for a feature update!

There is a 1.0.1 update coming, probably tomorrow - a couple of minor gui-tweaks and a fix of the feedback knob (when on zero there's still a tiny amount of feedback in 1.0.0 - in 1.0.1 it will be no feedback when knob is set to zero, as intended)

Here is the stream from twitch where I'm fiddling around with ES400 and TE TapeEcho:
https://youtu.be/Rl-CNgUQiT0
Thanks for considering ducking for a potential update in the future... It's just how I use delays most often... As part of my vocal chain, then pretty dominantly with ducking making sure that not all is drowned out... :)

D.

Andy
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2020

Yesssssssssss! Thank you Dub meister.

MannequinRaces

03 Nov 2020

I sound like a broken record but great job... again on the GUI. Another RE from you to put on the try list. Congrats on the release.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2020

Best thing is you can speed it up smoothly as opposed to in choppy increments :).
Last edited by MrFigg on 03 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

doze

03 Nov 2020

Not really 30% off... unless there is some new math where $68CAD becomes $54CAD ;)

FiatLux

03 Nov 2020

Another vote for adding ducking. I use it pretty consitantly with both delays and reverbs.
I know you can do it using additional devices, but it makes workflow much easier to have it built into one device.
Thanks!!

ekss
RE Developer

03 Nov 2020

doze wrote:
03 Nov 2020
Not really 30% off... unless there is some new math where $68CAD becomes $54CAD ;)
It's as close to 30% as possible with the tiers in the shop – and I guess the percentage will differ slighlty if you're on euro/usd/cad.

hurricane
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2020

I need another tape echo like I need another reverb, so I'll pass for now, but man, your GUIs look so good.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Re8et
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2020

ekss wrote:
03 Nov 2020
doze wrote:
03 Nov 2020
It's as close to 30% as possible with the tiers in the shop – and I guess the percentage will differ slighlty if you're on euro/usd/cad.
Ekss, all your new stuff is just plain magic... I'm in for the duck/mix knob on the tape, but also the Siren, please add a couple of cv input on the back on all of them...
Also the Preamp is damn good, but a cv input for the frequencies would se so damn sweet, as a cv for the pitch of the Siren.... add the siren waveform cv out.... and it will jump up as an utility module. Welcome to Reason buddy! That Siren is Jahtarian!

Steedus
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2020

RS has contacted ekss about helping to update the rack to HD right? .. no? Well they should! ;)

Sterioevo

03 Nov 2020

Any chance of a Black Friday complete bundle sale?

deeplink
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2020

i mean the UI is absolutely gorgeous... again. I really hope RS take a page out of your book when thinking about revamping their UI.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

challism

03 Nov 2020

deeplink wrote:
03 Nov 2020
i mean the UI is absolutely gorgeous... again. I really hope RS take a page out of your book when thinking about revamping their UI.
RS should hire Erik (Ekss) to do their GUI. I'd say Erik's GUI is consistently the best in the shop.

Part of me wishes he would slow down on all these fantastic looking releases. It's doing terrible things to my GAS.... I want to buy them all just based on their great looks! I'm sure they sound great, too. This tape echo is particularly tantalizing.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Boombastix
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2020

deeplink wrote:
03 Nov 2020
+1 another vote from me, RS could use that help...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

ekss
RE Developer

04 Nov 2020

Re8et wrote:
03 Nov 2020
ekss wrote:
03 Nov 2020

Ekss, all your new stuff is just plain magic... I'm in for the duck/mix knob on the tape, but also the Siren, please add a couple of cv input on the back on all of them...
Also the Preamp is damn good, but a cv input for the frequencies would se so damn sweet, as a cv for the pitch of the Siren.... add the siren waveform cv out.... and it will jump up as an utility module. Welcome to Reason buddy! That Siren is Jahtarian!
Thanks!
Mix is already available in the TapeEcho - in Direct mode the Feedback, Chorus Intensity and Reverb Amount works like mix dry/wet controls.

For the dub preamp and siren I think CV connections are quite special edge cases. Both are devices to "play" live, not via control voltage. For the siren there is already cv control of the trig and pitch (Gate + CV IN). The waveforms are not really special - if you want to use the siren for something else then a siren there are better devices, like Thor and Pulsar.

I like to keep the devices clean and easy to use. I think it's good to limit the devices to be good on a few things rather than being like a swiss army knife with lots of connections and functions. Adding CV where there is no apparent use for it clutters the GUI and in worst case confuses the user.
I know many of us hanging here on RT are Reason nerds and really like to connect stuff in new ways, I don't think these devices are meant for such usage (compare to my synthesizers that have more connections). And there is always the combinator for special cases of experimental usage. However, I'm keeping it in the back of my head for future updates!

ekss
RE Developer

04 Nov 2020

challism wrote:
03 Nov 2020
deeplink wrote:
03 Nov 2020
RS should hire Erik (Ekss) to do their GUI. I'd say Erik's GUI is consistently the best in the shop.

Part of me wishes he would slow down on all these fantastic looking releases. It's doing terrible things to my GAS.... I want to buy them all just based on their great looks! I'm sure they sound great, too. This tape echo is particularly tantalizing.

Haha! You're all very kind!!
Super happy you like the GUIs! I think it's quite an important part that adds joy to the experience of working in the rack. :geek:

ekss
RE Developer

04 Nov 2020

Sterioevo wrote:
03 Nov 2020
There will be some BF sales but not a complete bundle - that is a good idea though!
I now have the ES Synth bundle, so maybe an ES FX bundle would be good too :)

challism

04 Nov 2020

ekss wrote:
04 Nov 2020
Sterioevo wrote:
03 Nov 2020
There will be some BF sales but not a complete bundle - that is a good idea though!
I now have the ES Synth bundle, so maybe an ES FX bundle would be good too :)
That would be a great idea. I'm sure you would sell a bunch of bundles during BF. You may not realize it, but you're kind of the hottest developer of 2020. Seriously! Nice butt! ;)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Electric-Metal

04 Nov 2020

challism wrote:
04 Nov 2020
You may not realize it, but you're kind of the hottest developer of 2020. Seriously! Nice butt! ;)
Lol, made my day

seqoi

05 Nov 2020

Interface is quite amazing. Will Trial this over weekend.

Re8et
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2020

ekss wrote:
04 Nov 2020

Thanks!
Mix is already available in the TapeEcho - in Direct mode the Feedback, Chorus Intensity and Reverb Amount works like mix dry/wet controls.
Ah, that's what Direct mode does? Killer!

• Information