Retouch PusheR2 and Redum=> POWERFULL!!!!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
miyaru

02 Nov 2020

I'm using Reason for one year again, and used Ableton Live for a while longer together with Ableton Push2. Almost all the time I use Reason, I have this software called Retouch PusheR2 - to use Push2 to control Reason.

Most of the time programming drums in Reason I used Kong, and I liked it very much. Today I finally understood what PusheR2 and Redrum can do together, and it is powerfull!!!!

So anyone with a Push or Push2 I can recommend Retouch PusheR(2). And no I'm not pais to spread the word LOL.

I never used Redrum before (dunno why!?!), but now I know I will use it more often, as the sequencing power with Push2 is enormous..........

The more I use Reason the more I love it, it is so a different beast from Ableton Live Suite - love both, but Reason is more self explaining to me.

If anyone out there uses PusheR(2), I would like to hear what you are doing with it.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

EdGrip

02 Nov 2020

A good thing to do is save a combinator where a Redrum is sequencing a Kong - just patch a CV cable from each Gate Out on Redrum to each Gate In on Kong.
That way you get the fast sequencing of Redrum, with all the sound design power of Kong.

O1B

02 Nov 2020

I see your Redrum and Raise you a Matrix.

https://ask.audio/articles/reason-matri ... -your-life

Nothing - except human hands - is a better “snare” sequencer,
in my humble, slightly-exaggerated opinion.

Lots and Lots of Matrices.
EdGrip wrote:
02 Nov 2020
A good thing to do is save a combinator where a Redrum is sequencing a Kong - just patch a CV cable from each Gate Out on Redrum to each Gate In on Kong.
That way you get the fast sequencing of Redrum, with all the sound design power of Kong.

EdGrip

02 Nov 2020

Yep - you can see lots more steps at once!

But I think the PusheR2 is well integrated with the Redrum for drum sequencing - not sure about Matrix.

miyaru

02 Nov 2020

Wow both ideas are mind blowing, I will look at it very soon!!! Thanx for the input!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

dioxide

02 Nov 2020

Yes Redrum with Remote mapping is very powerful. This is why RS should be adding proper Remote support for newer Players. Or create a Player version of the Redrum sequencer along with full Remote step programming mapping.

Rompla

24 Mar 2021

Does anyone know if pusheR2 works with reason 11 and live 11 - thinking of the lack of Rewire
If it does it’s a purchase !
Thanks

PhillipOrdonez

24 Mar 2021

Rompla wrote:
24 Mar 2021
Does anyone know if pusheR2 works with reason 11 and live 11 - thinking of the lack of Rewire
If it does it’s a purchase !
Thanks
If you mean that it will control the reason rack plugin as it does Reason standalone? No, it will not. It will control it the same way it can control any plugin in live, and even less than most unless you expose the controls via the configure panel on the live plugin wrapper.

Rompla

25 Mar 2021

Thanks for the info 👍

• Information