ES400 FM Synth in the shop! (from Ekss)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ottostrom

27 Oct 2020

"ES400 FM Synthesizer is a simple but powerful four operator FM synth for the Reason rack. It focuses on making FM synthesis fun and easy with the main focus on the four envelopes. The powerful Touch Data Programmer houses all the in depth settings for Operators, LFO and Keys. The built in FXs makes creative sound design a pleasure!

Comes with over 500 pre-programmed patches!"

Intro price: 54€
Normal price: 88€
(intro price until the end of November)

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/

Bes
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2020

the manual is very easy to read
- Certified Reason expert

Loque

27 Oct 2020

Looks simple, but sounds surprisingly good and is easy to program. Very good patches.
Reason12, Win10

ekss
RE Developer

27 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
27 Oct 2020
Looks simple, but sounds surprisingly good and is easy to program. Very good patches.
Awesome, just what I was going for!

Btw. I just found a bug with the Filter Bypass - it did only bypass the HP and not the LP, so a 1.0.1 fix is coming soon!

/Erik

moneykube

27 Oct 2020

you are on a roll bro... I'll sum it up in one word... wow
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

rcbuse
RE Developer

28 Oct 2020

Yea, nice looking synth! Always nice to have some more FM options.

challism

28 Oct 2020

Congrats on the release, Erik. This synth is beautiful. It sounds as good as it looks and it really is easy to program, as Loque said earlier. I think you guys are going to be very pleased with this synth. Give it a try before the intro price expires.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

HeavyViper

28 Oct 2020

Throwing another congrats out here, as well as more encouragement to give it a shot! Always nice to see another FM synth on the market, especially one with a thought-out UI and approachable workflow.
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2020

It's a cool synth. I'm working on a ES400 track right now. :)
This together with FM4 are definitely the Reason FM synths I've connected with the most.

seqoi

28 Oct 2020

OMG what a synth!!! I am buying his bundle next week when I collect some money.

For some weird reason all of his synths have amazing color and musicality.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Oct 2020

seqoi wrote:
28 Oct 2020

Why don't you join the ES404 Song Challenge? First price is 3 REs of your choice from Ekssperimental Sounds.

moneykube

28 Oct 2020

seqoi wrote:
28 Oct 2020

seems a good choice ! price is right :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Ottostrom

29 Oct 2020

Been working on a track which I might enter into the ES400 song challenge.
I've never had a good time while doing sound design on a FM synth before but this one is so well thought-out and simple to work with!
Great job Ekss :)

ekss
RE Developer

29 Oct 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
29 Oct 2020
Been working on a track which I might enter into the ES400 song challenge.
I've never had a good time while doing sound design on a FM synth before but this one is so well thought-out and simple to work with!
Great job Ekss :)
Great to hear! 😊

seqoi

30 Oct 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Oct 2020

Why don't you join the ES404 Song Challenge? First price is 3 REs of your choice from Ekssperimental Sounds.
Gone are the days when I had time for that. Thanks for suggestion though,

challism

30 Oct 2020

seqoi wrote:
30 Oct 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Oct 2020

You gotta make some time for things you love to do. What kind of life is that?

I look forward to hearing all the entries for the contest!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2020

seqoi wrote:
30 Oct 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Oct 2020

So are you saying you'll have plenty more time to make music once the song challenge is over (november 23)?
Otherwise it would seem strange to spend €149.00 on something you're not gonna have time for. ;)

ekss
RE Developer

30 Oct 2020

seqoi wrote:
30 Oct 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Oct 2020

Do something quick and dirty - I’m a huge fan of underground stuff that does not sound too polished or pro. A song doesn’t need a lot of work to be good, just sayin’ 😉

ekss
RE Developer

30 Oct 2020

1.0.1 Update is available (fixed broken filter bypass)

geronimo

30 Oct 2020

Yes; now, it's work fine _ :thumbs_up:

seqoi

31 Oct 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
30 Oct 2020
seqoi wrote:
30 Oct 2020

So are you saying you'll have plenty more time to make music once the song challenge is over (november 23)?
Otherwise it would seem strange to spend €149.00 on something you're not gonna have time for. ;)
Please don't put words in my mouth. I said exactly what I said. I don't have time to create tracks for promotions. You don't have to be snarky and I do not owe to explain it to you.

What may seems strange to you may not seems strange to someone else. You need to realize not everyone is 16 year old on this forum and we have life and business to manage. So we need to filter out and add priorities to things. I don't have time to play promotions, betatest or toy with stuff, not like before.

That being said it can be strange to you how someone is spending their money but they don't owe to explain themselves to you.

I think 149EUR is fantastic deal for what I am getting at, I want to support developer, also I want to own such synths for a period in which I will be able to make tracks with.

Thanks.

seqoi

31 Oct 2020

ekss wrote:
30 Oct 2020
seqoi wrote:
30 Oct 2020

Do something quick and dirty - I’m a huge fan of underground stuff that does not sound too polished or pro. A song doesn’t need a lot of work to be good, just sayin’ 😉
Agreed but It's end of the year. You having company already know what that does mean. I barely have time to respond twice weekly on public forums (which I like). I never approach to my tracks just to do something it's a workflow or character thing I guess.

You created some fantastic synth, I hope you'll have success with them. They are truly fantastic and I like their filter response. Keep up the good work.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

31 Oct 2020

seqoi wrote:
31 Oct 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
30 Oct 2020

Please don't put words in my mouth. I said exactly what I said. I don't have time to create tracks for promotions. You don't have to be snarky and I do not owe to explain it to you.

What may seems strange to you may not seems strange to someone else. You need to realize not everyone is 16 year old on this forum and we have life and business to manage. So we need to filter out and add priorities to things. I don't have time to play promotions, betatest or toy with stuff, not like before.

That being said it can be strange to you how someone is spending their money but they don't owe to explain themselves to you.

I think 149EUR is fantastic deal for what I am getting at, I want to support developer, also I want to own such synths for a period in which I will be able to make tracks with.

Thanks.
It's fine. I understand. My intent wasn't to be mean spirited. Sorry. My comment was meant be more as a playful tease, since many people (including myself) have a tendency to buy/collect stuff and then don't use it. The whole GAS thing. But as we all know, a lot of nuance and expression can be lost in writing. Could also be that I just need to get better expressing myself clearly. :)
No need to explain yourself. It's all good.
Yes the bundle seems like a great deal. I might have to check it out as well.

challism

31 Oct 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
31 Oct 2020
seqoi wrote:
31 Oct 2020

Thanks.
It's fine. I understand. My intent wasn't to be mean spirited. Sorry. My comment was meant be more as a playful tease, since many people (including myself) have a tendency to buy/collect stuff and then don't use it. The whole GAS thing. But as we all know, a lot of nuance and expression can be lost in writing. Could also be that I just need to get better expressing myself clearly. :)
No need to explain yourself. It's all good.
Yes the bundle seems like a great deal. I might have to check it out as well.
For what it's worth, I didn't think your comments were snarky at all. It can be very difficult to communicate tone in written Internet forums. I think we all have good intentions here and are just trying to encourage participation in the challenge.

Let's all try to keep it civil and get along.

Thanks!

Creativemind

31 Oct 2020

Yeah great Re this, just trialling atm. Has a very good lately bass / solid bass sounding bass patch comes with, Accent Bass 2.

Is this the only other 4 operator Re in the shop, the other being FM4?

EDIT - Oh no there's Inphonic RYM2612 and Reason Studio's PX7 which has more than 4 operators with 6.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information