[Tech House] We Just Came To Dance!

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
craste

25 Oct 2020

Hi Guys & Girls

Basically, because we can't go out clubbing in the UK due to Covid, me and my mates 'borrowed' one of Elon's rockets and went to another planet for a boogie*.

Anyway, the bouncers on the door of the night club were a bit moody, but in the end they let us in and a great time was had!

I happened to record a bit of it here for you to have a listen too, so any comments - both good and bad would be really welcome. Do you like it or think its turd? What would you change etc.?

Would love some feedback.

I have added my wife doing a bit of a Newsread vocal - although her brummie accent does comes across a bit!

I really concentrated on my levels - this one sounds night and day better now - listen how much the top one sounds distorted compared to this.

What do you think - does it sound better or weaker to you?

Cheers

Craig.
Last edited by craste on 10 Nov 2020, edited 4 times in total.

Auryn

25 Oct 2020

It's well chunky mate! (e.g. could have done with a nudge more rhythmical nuance, but also works without it) Proper dance tune.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

EdwardKiy

29 Oct 2020

Even considering you have an unfair musical advantage of being from Birmingham, the only word that comes to mind is "proper". I had to involuntarily raise a fist to the beat at some point. It's the sort of music that makes me keep my elbows at 90 degrees throughout.

craste

29 Oct 2020

Auryn wrote:
25 Oct 2020
It's well chunky mate! (e.g. could have done with a nudge more rhythmical nuance, but also works without it) Proper dance tune.
Aaarr thanks for the fedback mate, really appricioate it! I'm, working on it again so I can add some other bits and bobs to keep it interesting!

Going to practice the mix down again as its a bit distorted.

Cheers

Craig

craste

29 Oct 2020

EdwardKiy wrote:
29 Oct 2020
Even considering you have an unfair musical advantage of being from Birmingham, the only word that comes to mind is "proper". I had to involuntarily raise a fist to the beat at some point. It's the sort of music that makes me keep my elbows at 90 degrees throughout.
Your comment has made my day mate - thank you so much for taking the time to reply - makes it worth while to get a single comment like yours!

Cheers

Craig

craste

10 Nov 2020

I have added my wife doing a bit of a Newsread vocal - although her brummie accent does comes across a bit!

I really concentrated on my levels - this one sounds night and day better now - listen how much the top one sounds distorted compared to this.

What do you think - does it sound better or weaker to you?

Cheers

Craig.

Popey
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2020

This is quality and had my head nodding throughout. I liked the newsnight addition. Really good track 👍

pushedbutton

10 Nov 2020

I went to Air once, it was fun.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

gullum

12 Nov 2020

I freaking love it would keep me on the floor the whole song even if it was on repeat

Skimrok

13 Nov 2020

Holly cow this is wicked!! I love that dark gritty edge it has, good stuff :D :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Billy+

13 Nov 2020

Do I detect a dangly armed big headed smiller in there?

craste

13 Nov 2020

Popey wrote:
10 Nov 2020
This is quality and had my head nodding throughout. I liked the newsnight addition. Really good track 👍
Thank you Popey

craste

13 Nov 2020

gullum wrote:
12 Nov 2020
I freaking love it would keep me on the floor the whole song even if it was on repeat
Thank you so much for your feedback!

craste

13 Nov 2020

Skimrok wrote:
13 Nov 2020
Holly cow this is wicked!! I love that dark gritty edge it has, good stuff :D :thumbs_up:
Guys thank you all for your feedback - I've felt shit lately and your feedback has really uplifted my spirtits so thank you so much!

• Information