Looking for Serum's NoteOn Rand1 and NoteOn Alt. alternatives in Reason

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
middle_color

14 Oct 2020

I got used to NoteOn Rand1, NoteOn Rand2, NoteOn Alt. and NoteOn Alt2 in Serum.
Recently i am rediscovering Reason Rack and i want to use such modulators, they are great for fast psychedelic sequences.

What they are doing:
NoteOn Alt allow to modulate panorama on note by the same amount.
NoteOn Rand1 gives random value on each note.

Europa has single Random modulator, but it is not enough for me.
What other native devices or third party REs has more than one Random modulator and Alternate modulators?

mjxl

16 Oct 2020

Complex-1 can output 2 random values to CV (1random stepped lfo trigger via gate, 1 via function generator)
Delta MIDI Computer can do 8 random values, PSQ a TON of random values, and probably a whole lot more devices can do stuff like them.

middle_color

26 Oct 2020

mjxl wrote:
16 Oct 2020
Complex-1 can output 2 random values to CV (1random stepped lfo trigger via gate, 1 via function generator)
Delta MIDI Computer can do 8 random values, PSQ a TON of random values, and probably a whole lot more devices can do stuff like them.
Thanks, it happens i have Delta MIDI Computer and found i can control randomness: i can setup it to sequentially output one positive one negative output value :thumbs_up: . That's clever solution.

Thanks for the tip on Complex-1.

PSQ looks overcomplicated for what i need.

mjxl

27 Oct 2020

middle_color wrote:
26 Oct 2020
Thanks, it happens i have Delta MIDI Computer and found i can control randomness: i can setup it to sequentially output one positive one negative output value :thumbs_up: . That's clever solution.

Thanks for the tip on Complex-1.
Cheers!

On Complex-1 you can also route 'Random' (on top with gate/note etc) out to CV, but this one is triggered via MIDI input.

I really like that we can send a signal (be it audio or cv) through the lag/waveshaper/comb-delay.
Also a neat tip is, route whatever you're doing in complex to the output mixer, then take the MonoMix to CV output. This way you can add the delay/reverb to CV signals lol.

• Information