Cherry Audio - DCO-106 Polyphonic Synth VST

Discuss VST stuff here!
moalla

15 Oct 2020

So i bought today DCO 106 for 20,30€ at pluginboutique, i think that´s a good price, not to much. The sound of this Juno emulation iss amazing, and gives me now this 80ties feeling when i´m making music. So together with granular manouvers for Grain and BX Oberhausen this is a really terrific combination for ebm, disco and electro :D
cheers
https://soundcloud.com/user-594407128
Reason12.5, Yamaha EG112, Ibanez PF10, RhythmWolf, Miniak, Ipad+SparkLE
SE2200t :arrow: VAS micpre MOTO:better repair-mod well made stuff than buy the next crap

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

There's been an update, with a tweaking of the chorus to make it sound more like the Juno's:

1.0.18 changes:
Plug-in now remembers last-used scaling
Plug-in now remembers last-used MIDI mappings. This can be disabled in the preferences
Fixed Pro Tools & Logic crash with mono tracks
Reverb & delay are flushed when the plug-in is reset, and synced LFO & Arpeggiator are reset
Only auto-launching installer updates (if preference is set) if interface has been shown
Fixed preset code to better handle presets names with illegal file characters (such as /?*)
Fixed channel pressure MIDI mapping
Fixed bug that could show duplicate preset collections with same name
Fixed rare automation bug during mix down

Build 40 changes:

Improved chorus effect in multiple small ways to match the original Juno chorus, including not disrupting lower frequencies
Fixed manual entering of Arpeggiator rate slider value
Square wave LFO is now unipolar
LFO + Mod Wheel gain was too high
LFO Delay is now hooked up to the VCA LFO
LFO and Arpeggiator Rate Sliders now work in "reverse" order when Sync button is on in these sections, mirroring the slider behavior when Sync is off
"VCO" changed to "DCO" in the Bender section
Slider cap art improved to more accurately reflect original hardware
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Rothgarr

15 Dec 2020

I bought this plug-in this morning, sounds really great. Couple questions, though...

1) In the arpeggio section, there is a "sync" button. Is this supposed to match the tempo in Reason? If so, it doesn't sync up for me.
2) I can't figure out how to automate DCO-106's sliders and stuff in Reason. I see a "learn MIDI" option if I right-click on a slider on the DCO-106, but that's where I'm stuck...

Any suggestions?

Despondo
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2020

Rothgarr wrote:
15 Dec 2020
I bought this plug-in this morning, sounds really great. Couple questions, though...

1) In the arpeggio section, there is a "sync" button. Is this supposed to match the tempo in Reason? If so, it doesn't sync up for me.
2) I can't figure out how to automate DCO-106's sliders and stuff in Reason. I see a "learn MIDI" option if I right-click on a slider on the DCO-106, but that's where I'm stuck...

Any suggestions?
Sync is working for me. You have to make sure to restart the reason sequencer as it does not appear to sync on the fly.
You can use the "Remote" button in the Reason VST toolbar (next to the "ScreenShot" icon) to assign a knob on your midi controller to add automation. You can also add it to a Combinator and assign the rotaries to sliders in the VST and then automate the combinator knobs.

Rothgarr

15 Dec 2020

Despondo wrote:
15 Dec 2020
Rothgarr wrote:
15 Dec 2020

Any suggestions?
Sync is working for me. You have to make sure to restart the reason sequencer as it does not appear to sync on the fly.
You can use the "Remote" button in the Reason VST toolbar (next to the "ScreenShot" icon) to assign a knob on your midi controller to add automation. You can also add it to a Combinator and assign the rotaries to sliders in the VST and then automate the combinator knobs.
Thanks. I don't have any MIDI controller knobs or sliders (just the keyboard itself). So can you please elaborate on assigning the sliders to knobs in Combinator? I tried doing it, but when I try to tell DCO-106 to learn the knob, it doesn't let me click back into Reason. Would you mind a quick step-by-step?

Thanks!

Despondo
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2020

Step by step:

1. Create DCO-106 VST
2. Right click on the DCO-106 VST rack device (NOT the DCO-106 itself!)
3. Select "Combine" from the menu. You should now have the DCO-106 inside of a Combinator.
4. Click on the "Show Programmer" button on the combinator. You will now see the "Key Mapping" and "Modulator Routing" sections of the Combinator.
5. Select the "DCO-106" (Device 1) in the device list below the "Key Mapping" section. You will now see the Modulator Routing options for the device on the right side.
6. Choose one of the 4 available Rotaries in the "Source" column and select the "Target" area to pull up a list of available parameters on the DCO-106 device.
7. You can adjust the "Min" and "Max" values to taste, or leave them at their defaults.
8. You now have that parameter mapped to the combinator knob and can automate that knob to control the parameter on the DCO-106.
9. Do this for the other 3 knobs.

For more info, read the manual starting on page 1281.

https://a.phcdn.se/Reason11/Manuals/Rea ... Manual.pdf

Rothgarr

16 Dec 2020

Despondo wrote:
15 Dec 2020
Step by step:

1. Create DCO-106 VST
2. Right click on the DCO-106 VST rack device (NOT the DCO-106 itself!)
3. Select "Combine" from the menu. You should now have the DCO-106 inside of a Combinator.
4. Click on the "Show Programmer" button on the combinator. You will now see the "Key Mapping" and "Modulator Routing" sections of the Combinator.
5. Select the "DCO-106" (Device 1) in the device list below the "Key Mapping" section. You will now see the Modulator Routing options for the device on the right side.
6. Choose one of the 4 available Rotaries in the "Source" column and select the "Target" area to pull up a list of available parameters on the DCO-106 device.
7. You can adjust the "Min" and "Max" values to taste, or leave them at their defaults.
8. You now have that parameter mapped to the combinator knob and can automate that knob to control the parameter on the DCO-106.
9. Do this for the other 3 knobs.

For more info, read the manual starting on page 1281.

https://a.phcdn.se/Reason11/Manuals/Rea ... Manual.pdf
Bingo! Thank you so much.

I didn't think to look at the section under "Show Programmer" (I thought that was just for keyboard mapping/splits, etc.). I was trying to do is all under the "CV Programmer" because under the "Parameter" column I could see all the DCO-106's sliders/buttons etc., and I could even change all their values from there as well, so I thought that's where I could right click and say "Edit automation".

Despondo
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2020

Rothgarr wrote:
16 Dec 2020
Bingo! Thank you so much.
Glad to help!

• Information