Which RE would you like to punch?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

I know...life is too short but do you have an RE you've purchased which you are bugged by more than any of your other REs? You may have a few you regret buying, most of us do, but which one stands out as the most irritating. The one that sits looking at you from the rack just willing you to just punch it right in the GUI.
Kilohearts Trance Gate is bugging the fck right out of me just now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

20 Oct 2020

lol Trance gate is cool man you can't punch it in the face...

PhillipOrdonez

20 Oct 2020

None of them 😂 drink some tea to calm down? 😂

chaosroyale

20 Oct 2020

I don't buy RE's any more but most of the ones I have are pretty wonderful and should not be punched. Groovy melons Xfader is the best thing ever, Jiggerypokery makes some great stuff too, and eXpanse still gets a bit of use.)

However, I would like to punch rytmik, monotone and beatmap hard enough to make them fly out of the device menu. I'm just glad R11 does not make you download all the rompler devices.
MrFigg wrote:
20 Oct 2020
I know...life is too short but do you have an RE you've purchased which you are bugged by more than any of your other REs? You may have a few you regret buying, most of us do, but which one stands out as the most irritating. The one that sits looking at you from the rack just willing you to just punch it right in the GUI.

Billy+

20 Oct 2020

It might be a bit a relief to slap the midi routing channel rack plate now and again to see if actually starts being useful

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

Billy wrote:
20 Oct 2020
lol Trance gate is cool man you can't punch it in the face...
Please enlighten me and reduce my rage.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Billy+

20 Oct 2020

It's a trance gate, does what it says on the tin. Put some noise into it set an appropriate pattern and enjoy :lol:

Loque

20 Oct 2020

Trance Gate is great. It's great to create rhythmic stuff from weird sounds or just from noise. Use multiple in parallel with different settings. Great stuff. No punch from my side.

If i had a RE i would like to punch, i probably forgot it, because i didn't touched it for a long time.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
20 Oct 2020
Trance Gate is great. It's great to create rhythmic stuff from weird sounds or just from noise. Use multiple in parallel with different settings. Great stuff. No punch from my side.

If i had a RE i would like to punch, i probably forgot it, because i didn't touched it for a long time.
Right...I'm using it wrong maybe. I just hate the static feel to it. And I know you can change the patterns. It just sounds dit dit ditdit ditditdit dit dit...etc
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

20 Oct 2020

Jiggery’s shimmer, delay, and chorus REs—because I WANT to love them, but they’re so unintuitive for being devices that do fairly standard things. I see them in my effects list and get excited, until I drag them into the rack, and immediately regret it.

and...always Faturator. f%*# that thing. :lol:
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Aosta

20 Oct 2020

Don't know about wanting to punch a RE but some REs I have either hardly used or never used are...

Tres Monosynth
Boom 808
EDS06
Buffre
Bitspeek
SB Filterpattern
SB Slice Arranger
3Plex

I think I got some of those in a rig bundle?

I know for a fact I've never used Buffre, Bitspeek and the SB REs.
Tend the flame

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

Aosta wrote:
20 Oct 2020
Don't know about wanting to punch a RE but some REs I have either hardly used or never used are...

Tres Monosynth
Boom 808
EDS06
Buffre
Bitspeek
SB Filterpattern
SB Slice Arranger
3Plex

I think I got some of those in a rig bundle?

I know for a fact I've never used Buffre, Bitspeek and the SB REs.
Nah man. If you’re not riled up enough to want to punch any of them then you’re in a good place :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdGrip

20 Oct 2020

I wanted Khs Trance Gate at one point! Then I realised a Matrix driving an Alligator was all I needed and much more versatile.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

The worst of it is that I’ve got both the RE and the VST. I mean come on!!! 😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MannequinRaces

20 Oct 2020

Rob Papen Punch. :p Wait, is that even a RE, lol.

dvdrtldg

20 Oct 2020

Mace compressor

I know it's a really good compressor and it's got lots of handy features. I just hate the look of it. Fucking clown of a thing. It's like the kid at school who got straight As in every subject but he wore suspenders and a bow tie and wacky socks and you just wanted to punch him hard in the dick every time you saw him

Ottostrom

20 Oct 2020

guitfnky wrote:
20 Oct 2020
Jiggery’s shimmer, delay, and chorus REs—because I WANT to love them, but they’re so unintuitive for being devices that do fairly standard things. I see them in my effects list and get excited, until I drag them into the rack, and immediately regret it.

and...always Faturator. f%*# that thing. :lol:
I actually use the Faturator quite a bit, but almost exclusively for the quick Stereo Turbo knob :P
Never really liked the distortion

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

Ottostrom wrote:
20 Oct 2020
I actually use the Faturator quite a bit, but almost exclusively for the quick Stereo Turbo knob :P
Never really liked the distortion
Yep if it wasn't for Faturators quick haas effect, I'd definitely punch it :lol:
I have Faturator saved in my stereo/mono category, not in my FX category.

Aosta

20 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Oct 2020
Nah man. If you’re not riled up enough to want to punch any of them then you’re in a good place :).
I'm a pacifist :)

I do look at them now and again with a frown and a turned up lip...does that count?
Tend the flame

Creativemind

20 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Oct 2020
:lol:
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

20 Oct 2020

Billy wrote:
20 Oct 2020
It might be a bit a relief to slap the midi routing channel rack plate now and again to see if actually starts being useful
There should've been a trance gate built into Alligator. There are 64 built in patterns, 0-63 but have a switch above that selection box to switch to the trance gate. The trance gate is a ReDrum style 16 or 32 step click on, click off and works by scrolling to select the patterns like Redrum does too.

EDIT - Maybe add another mode to the Pattern ON button. Give it a 3rd mode, so it turns blue which means it goes from the pattern mode in Alligator when On (red), then to blue which is the step sequencer / trance gate and to the CV routing mode when off.

Crap mock up pic but it is what it is. Punch it lol! Maybe an arrow pointing from left to right between the 2 sets of 16 steps which lights up (selected) which selects it from 16 steps to 32. A little lights plays / scrolls across the top like in ReDrum to signify which step is being played. If the 16 to 32 link is off it loops back round after the first set of 16. Also, for god sake make the parameters work in proper readings and not % too. Volume in %, a percent of what?
Attachments
Alligator 2 with Trance Gate.jpg
Alligator 2 with Trance Gate.jpg (113.78 KiB) Viewed 1855 times
Last edited by Creativemind on 20 Oct 2020, edited 5 times in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

I'd punch the Layers synths. Always hated them. I got them in the Suite upgrade. Every now and then I try to give them a chance and every time I'm disappointed. They just sound so weak and bland.
Once I forced myself to use Layers Wave (the least bad of the two) in a song. I had to drench it in so much Efektor RV3604 Reverb (the Shimmer effect) before there was no trace of the original sound. Thank you Kuassa.

Also the Mace compressor. I can't stand it. I'd punch that. I trialed it when it came out. Gave it several chances during my trial, but just couldn't get any sound I liked from that thing. And the GUI, well let's just say I'm not a fan.
I was so surprised upon its release that so many other people loved it. Good for them. Really. But for me, Mace and I, we just never got along.

joeyluck

20 Oct 2020

kHs Trance Gate is one of my favorites and goto REs. What are you trying to use it for? What are you having issues with?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2020

joeyluck wrote:
20 Oct 2020
kHs Trance Gate is one of my favorites and goto REs. What are you trying to use it for? What are you having issues with?
I'm not using it for anything. I just don't like it. I've tried my guitar through it and it just sounds so static. I mean I could use it as a "creative tremolo" but I've got the Uhbik one. I don't know...I just don't like it. Out of hundreds of REs I own I think that may be the only one I really, really don't like.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

20 Oct 2020

The worst GUI for me is Grain. It's the bit at the top where the sample is, the flags, and the overall display above that with the orange brackets is crap looking too. The flags bit though looks kiddish and don't like the white on all of the synth. Different colour themes may help but you'd still have them flags lol!

• Information