Electronic / That Song Skimrok

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Skimrok

18 Oct 2020

Teaser of a tune :thumbs_up:

12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Auryn

18 Oct 2020

wow that melody is so familiar, there's some 90ies eurodance track that has a very similar progression but I just can't produce it and it's bugging me all to hell LOL

Like with your previous track, the drum programming is excellent and varied. I think the weaker point is the synth sounds chosen, which seem a bit "shy" for want of a better word. The eurodance style melody makes me wanna hear a more in-your-face style lead sound. But maybe you want things to be more subtle? If so, then maybe try automating or developing the lead (electric harp type) sound a bit
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Skimrok

19 Oct 2020

Thanks once again :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

I didn't want the synths being too powerful for the drums on this one I really like the way the drums are banging , my gut feeling is telling me to leave it at this stage . however if anybody else agree what you saying with the synths I go into it again , obviously all views are welcome if anybody else has anything to add? :puf_wink: :puf_wink: :puf_wink:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

guitfnky

19 Oct 2020

go with your gut. sounds really good as-is. nice work!
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Skimrok

19 Oct 2020

guitfnky wrote:
19 Oct 2020
go with your gut. sounds really good as-is. nice work!
Thank you for listening :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Popey
Competition Winner

19 Oct 2020

Auryn wrote:
18 Oct 2020
wow that melody is so familiar, there's some 90ies eurodance track that has a very similar progression but I just can't produce it and it's bugging me all to hell LOL

Like with your previous track, the drum programming is excellent and varied. I think the weaker point is the synth sounds chosen, which seem a bit "shy" for want of a better word. The eurodance style melody makes me wanna hear a more in-your-face style lead sound. But maybe you want things to be more subtle? If so, then maybe try automating or developing the lead (electric harp type) sound a bit
Its strange you say that as the melody is really familiar to me too, thinking sometime around when gatecrasher was open in Sheffield or late 90's. Good track though skimrok 👍

gullum

20 Oct 2020

Yes sound familiar to me too was thinking U-96 Das boot and Jarre but I think it's more the synth sound that makes it sound familiar

But so what if it sounds familiar it does sound good and got a catchy melody I like it

drk73

21 Oct 2020

Good track! Congrats! 👌

Skimrok

22 Oct 2020

^^thank you gang^^

strangers
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2020

Really cool track. I don't mind the synth being a little more reserved. It let's the drums take the stage without too much of a distraction. The mix is really clean, too.

• Information