Mouse-over, knob controllers?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
dannyF

15 Oct 2020

JunctionArsonist wrote:
12 Oct 2020
dannyF wrote:
11 Oct 2020
...It really needs to be built into the mouse....
In case this hasnt been mentioned, some of the people in this thread may want to consider trying an ergonomic ball mouse...

https://www.logitech.com/en-ca/products ... tml?crid=7
could you explain why? what does it do in relation to a knob like control?

JunctionArsonist

18 Oct 2020

dannyF wrote:
15 Oct 2020
This kind of ball mouse is a relic from an earlier time. In case you didnt know, this mouse is stationary (there is no sensor at the bottom) and you move the pointer with your thumb all the time. Its easier than you think to adjust, and anyone with RSI should consider this to change up their grip from time to time.

Anyway....

It does exactly what a regular mouse does. The difference here is that you would be drawing your automation with the ball under your thumb, which is a lot more like a knob than a "conventional" mouse is. Not to shill for Logi, but the one i linked has a sensitivity button right next to the ball which is really useful for getting tighter automation control.

dannyF

18 Oct 2020

JunctionArsonist wrote:
18 Oct 2020
dannyF wrote:
15 Oct 2020
This kind of ball mouse is a relic from an earlier time. In case you didnt know, this mouse is stationary (there is no sensor at the bottom) and you move the pointer with your thumb all the time. Its easier than you think to adjust, and anyone with RSI should consider this to change up their grip from time to time.

Anyway....

It does exactly what a regular mouse does. The difference here is that you would be drawing your automation with the ball under your thumb, which is a lot more like a knob than a "conventional" mouse is. Not to shill for Logi, but the one i linked has a sensitivity button right next to the ball which is really useful for getting tighter automation control.
Thanks. Its difficult for me to envision how it would work like a knob. I'm guessing it would work like something else and not like a NOB per se. If I wanted a NOB I would have kept mine..... The fell was awesome. What I didn't like is that I like the play while turning a knob and it felt like having three things to switch hands back and forth constantly wasn't doing it for me. Felt clunky.

• Information