Adam Fielding's Livestream Thread (next stream-date in first post)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
adfielding

06 Oct 2020

Aosta wrote:
05 Oct 2020
Hey Adam, I see you are doing the next stream with Ryan tonight and going back to stock again, fantastic!! :)
Be good to see some love for the old mostly forgotten instruments and effects, can't wait.
Well spotted :) Yes, I'll be on the Reason Studios stream tonight going over one of my recent stream tunes written using only stock devices, while also chatting about tips & general workflow stuff. Looking forward to it!

Micha1973

06 Oct 2020

Great*
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

aftrshok99

06 Oct 2020

Looking forward to watching this stream today, should be a great time full of useful information. :puf_bigsmile:
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

adfielding

08 Oct 2020

Hope you enjoyed the stream on Tuesday! I'm going to be doing another solo stream tonight (Thursday 8th) at 7pm BST as usual - this time around I'll be talking about my three most recent tunes written during these streams, as well as other general developments and stuff. I'll be taking questions throughout - hope to see some of you there!

Billy+

08 Oct 2020

Well it's nice to see I'm missed, unfortunately I was unable to watch on my machine and the iPad played up until after the stream which seems to be the case..

https://clips.twitch.tv/DarlingWildSowThunBeast

Typea_music

10 Oct 2020

hi Adam your streams had been really great !!!

for one of your livestream sessions i think it would be great if you touch a bit more on your workflow for programming sounds !
i saw your video "Europa - the anatomy of a patch" and that was very mind opening for the possibilities of that synth as well as some overall workflow tips on how to use modifiers and how to rethink layering the engines.

any new takes on this stuff will be super cool ! if you are down to talk about this on the streams ..

thank you
Reason 11 suite : Bitwig Studio 3 : Win 10 64bit : AMD ryzen 7 3800 X 16gb RAM

Aosta

10 Oct 2020

adfielding wrote:
08 Oct 2020
Hope you enjoyed the stream on Tuesday! I'm going to be doing another solo stream tonight (Thursday 8th) at 7pm BST as usual - this time around I'll be talking about my three most recent tunes written during these streams, as well as other general developments and stuff. I'll be taking questions throughout - hope to see some of you there!
Your streams have been a lifeline for me and a load of others. I find it fascinating watching how other people use Reason and it has shown me to not be a DAW slob with the equivalent of a teenager's bedroom with junk, clothes and moldy plates when I reopen a track. Order and methodical progression from now on!!
Tend the flame

adfielding

11 Oct 2020

Billy wrote:
08 Oct 2020
Well it's nice to see I'm missed, unfortunately I was unable to watch on my machine and the iPad played up until after the stream which seems to be the case..

Oh man, haha - yeah, sorry to hear it wasn't working for you! I'm still curious to see if it works for future streams - I managed to strike a good balance between stream quality and bitrate I think so here's hoping we have a bit more luck this week :)
Typea_music wrote:
10 Oct 2020
for one of your livestream sessions i think it would be great if you touch a bit more on your workflow for programming sounds !
i saw your video "Europa - the anatomy of a patch" and that was very mind opening for the possibilities of that synth as well as some overall workflow tips on how to use modifiers and how to rethink layering the engines.
Thanks! So, yeah - this is something that I keep thinking about, and I think if I were to do something like this I'd love to focus on messing around with Complex-1 as a full-on stream, just to see where it goes. But at the same time I think I need to give myself more of a refresher before I do that because, well, it's been a while since I made anything from scratch with Complex-1 and it'd be kind of a lame stream if I just sat there for 2 hours making some really uninspiring sounds :) But! It's a cool idea and definitely something I'd be intersted in dipping back into, if not in a stream format then at least as some sort of short-form tutorial.
Aosta wrote:
10 Oct 2020
Your streams have been a lifeline for me and a load of others. I find it fascinating watching how other people use Reason and it has shown me to not be a DAW slob with the equivalent of a teenager's bedroom with junk, clothes and moldy plates when I reopen a track. Order and methodical progression from now on!!
That's really nice of you to say, thanks for the kind words :) Yeah, I used to be incredibly messy with how my tracks were put together and I think working with other people kind of forced me to get a handle on that. I still think most of my tracks are a bit of a mess (re-visiting one of my tracks during the RS stream kind of confirmed that a bit for me!), but it's definitely a lot better than it used to be. Really glad to hear you've been enjoying the streams, here's hoping I can keep 'em coming!

Billy+

11 Oct 2020

adfielding wrote:
11 Oct 2020
Billy wrote:
08 Oct 2020

Oh man, haha - yeah, sorry to hear it wasn't working for you! I'm still curious to see if it works for future streams - I managed to strike a good balance between stream quality and bitrate I think so here's hoping we have a bit more luck this week :)
I did promise not to go on about it anymore, but as you brought it up....
Thanks for trying, but after doing a bit more reading it would appear that it's more to do with the server load as to whether viewers get offered resolution options I'm not sure why the encoding isn't usable during the live broadcast but I am just completely unable to change the source option from Auto to 1080p even though I can after you go offline.

I will happily try again as I would much rather watch on the iPad using the twitch app than have to use my machine and the browser just because it allows for a better connection and I don't get hit with ads.

Either way hope to see you Thursday one way or another.

There might be a solution but that would mean you contacting twitch and finding a server that will give you/your viewers resolution options, but as it's currently only me I wouldn't waste your time.

--EDIT

I will just point out that I never had any issues when watching the old Monday Q&A's on the iPad, I didn't even need to change resolution they just worked..

adfielding

15 Oct 2020

Howdy folks! I'll be back again tonight to do another music-making stream at 7pm BST - not entirely set on a genre yet but I'm thinking something light and relatively breezy will probably be the name of the game. I suspect I'll be dipping into Tom Pritchard's extensive patch libraries again, but hey... we'll see!

Hope to see some of you good folks over there :)

Aosta

15 Oct 2020

Ah damn, I'm at work so will miss the stream this week. The live chat is always entertaining.
Tend the flame

Billy+

16 Oct 2020

So it looks like your changes worked a treat, was watching IamDrabbit's channel at his usual resolution 720p and joined the raid into your channel and it worked, when I saw the resolution options I selected 1080p from the list and everything worked as expected.
IMG_2204.PNG
IMG_2204.PNG (635.98 KiB) Viewed 2453 times

adfielding

16 Oct 2020

Billy wrote:
16 Oct 2020
So it looks like your changes worked a treat, was watching IamDrabbit's channel at his usual resolution 720p and joined the raid into your channel and it worked, when I saw the resolution options I selected 1080p from the list and everything worked as expected.
Glad to hear it :) Doesn't look like it's affected quality much (if at all) over here so I'll be sticking with these settings for the foreseeable future!

I really enjoyed last night's stream, I feel like I tend to go through phases of taking things a little more seriously than I really ought to and it was nice to just relax things a bit more than usual last night. If you missed the stream, I've since popped it over on YouTube so you can check it out here.

If you want to listen to the slightly-tweaked-and-updated version of the tune, you can hear that here.

...and for all of the project files/exports/other goodies, you can grab those here.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ngvvneo5431 ... 22H4a?dl=0

Also, in case you didn't know already (though I do like to plug it every chance I get), I set up a Patreon a couple of months ago and I've really enjoyed chatting with people and sharing stuff over there. The "producer" tier also gives you access to all of the stems for all of the tracks I've written this year, which I think is a neat little bonus.

Hopefully I'll have the channel points stuff working a little better next week :)

Billy+

16 Oct 2020

adfielding wrote:
16 Oct 2020

Hopefully I'll have the channel points stuff working a little better next week :)
Yeah I think the less said about that the better :lol: not sure what you did but normally I collect a few more points each session but last night I went from 18.4k to 18.6k and that's nothing, but worth it for the resolution options.

Also don't forget the tab :?

Catch you next week.

Aosta

16 Oct 2020

adfielding wrote:
15 Oct 2020
Howdy folks! I'll be back again tonight to do another music-making stream
Hey Adam, I saw you had some requests for an ambient track next stream meaning no Beatmap but how about using it as a musical rhythm generator? Could give interesting results.
Tend the flame

adfielding

22 Oct 2020

Aosta wrote:
16 Oct 2020
Hey Adam, I saw you had some requests for an ambient track next stream meaning no Beatmap but how about using it as a musical rhythm generator? Could give interesting results.
That's a really cool idea - an ambient track is still on the cards at some point (I know, I say that a lot), but this week I'm going to be doing something with a jungle-y flavour again I think... just got a real hankering for it, and it's been a minute since I last chopped up some breaks :)

So, yeah! I'll be streaming again tonight (22nd October), usual time of 7pm BST over on Twitch. I'm about to take a look into what went wrong with the whole "spend channel points to get me to add specific devices" thing last time, hoping to have it working before the stream starts later. Hope some of you can make it!

Billy+

22 Oct 2020

adfielding wrote:
22 Oct 2020

this week I'm going to be doing something with a jungle-y flavour again I think... just got a real hankering for it, and it's been a minute since I last chopped up some breaks :)
Sounds like a fun one, any chance of a DJ SS style

adfielding

22 Oct 2020

Billy wrote:
22 Oct 2020
Sounds like a fun one, any chance of a DJ SS style
tbh I'm probably going to go more in this direction, this has always stuck with me (despite the awful audio quality!) and I figured it'd be nice to dip into something similar :)

Billy+

22 Oct 2020

I'm hearing Complex-1 Arp highs,Thor formant mids with Alligator pattern, Monotone lowend and the usual drums ;)

adfielding

23 Oct 2020

Thanks so much for tuning in last night guys, I had an absolute blast and I absolutely love that not only did someone else make a reference to NFS3 but they referenced the EXACT SAME track I did yesterday (I'm assuming they didn't see the post here)! That's so awesome, really glad I managed to capture that vibe as well :)

You can give stream tune a listen here if you don't fancy downloading it or wading through a whole stream to hear it.

As is always the case, you can grab the Reason 11 project file and MP3/FLAC exports of this track (and my other stream tunes) right here.

I'm going to be taking a little bit of a break from these streams for a couple of weeks as I'm spreading myself pretty thin these days between various commitments, so I figured this would be a good chance to knuckle down on some other projects and give myself a bit of a recharge before the next stream. All being well, I'll be back to my regularly scheduled streaming on the 12th November.

Thanks so much to everyone who's been joining me for these streams, it's genuinely wonderful to see so many friendly faces over in the chat generally having fun and feeding me with suggestions (and innuendo!). When I started doing these sessions earlier in the year I assumed I'd do 3 or 4 streams and call it a day (as I have done in the past), so to have written 20 tunes this year alone during music-making streams is quite the personal achievement. Thanks again to everyone who's been watching, and I'll see you in a few weeks or so :)

aftrshok99

23 Oct 2020

Hey Adam great stream yesterday, lot's of fun!!! I'm glad you didn't go with the 3 or 4 streams and call it a day. I've learned so much from your streams (or watching them later on youtube). I had given up on using Reason a couple of years ago until I watched one of your streams some months back. You were creating a pad in Thor and I was working along side and just had that ah ha moment when I realized how inspiring and easy Reason is to work with (at least for me). So in a sense you and your streams / videos are the reason I went back to Reason, thank you for that.

I like the idea of the short tips and tricks videos you talked about yesterday, those would be excellent. Hopefully you'll have time in the future to do some.

Brian (Hekker99 on Twitch)
Reason+ / Bitwig Studio 4 / NI Maschine MK3 / Novation Launchpad Mini MK3 / NI M32

adfielding

12 Nov 2020

Hey guys! I'm going to be back streaming tonight at 7pm GMT/UK time - I'll be back to my usual music-making tonight, though I intend to space my music-making streams out a bit more at least over the next few months or so until my usual seasonal brain-fog sorts itself out.

Here's the Twitch link if you fancy coming along!

Also, I'm aware that Reason celebrates its 20th birthday on the 22nd of this month (can't believe it's been 20 years!) so I'm planning on doing a neat Reason 1.0 retrospective-type stream next week using my trusty Reason Museum VM. But tonight will be Reason 11 o' clock :)
aftrshok99 wrote:
23 Oct 2020
Hey Adam great stream yesterday, lot's of fun!!! I'm glad you didn't go with the 3 or 4 streams and call it a day. I've learned so much from your streams (or watching them later on youtube). I had given up on using Reason a couple of years ago until I watched one of your streams some months back. You were creating a pad in Thor and I was working along side and just had that ah ha moment when I realized how inspiring and easy Reason is to work with (at least for me). So in a sense you and your streams / videos are the reason I went back to Reason, thank you for that.

I like the idea of the short tips and tricks videos you talked about yesterday, those would be excellent. Hopefully you'll have time in the future to do some.

Brian (Hekker99 on Twitch)
Oh hey, I just realised I never replied to this - that was awfully rude of me, sorry about that! Really glad to hear that my streaming inspired you to get back into Reason, that's really awesome :) I still plan on doing some shorter tips & tricks videos, I was actually going to do that during my two week break but ended up being way busier than I was expecting (so the break was actually incredibly well timed).

Billy+

12 Nov 2020

Another fun stream Adam as always.

Drabbit has raccoon troubles, check out the link
https://m.twitch.tv/clip/CalmArtisticGarlicPunchTrees

adfielding

13 Nov 2020

Billy wrote:
12 Nov 2020
Drabbit has raccoon troubles, check out the link
https://m.twitch.tv/clip/CalmArtisticGarlicPunchTrees
Haha, pretty sure there aren't any raccoons for me to face-punch around here! :) But yeah, huge shout-out to Drabbit once again for providing my stream with all-new fancy graphics and overlays, I absolutely love the logo and direction he took with it and I can't thank him enough for handling that. He's an awesome dude and you should all check out his stream if you haven't already!

I've just uploaded the stream from last night to YouTube in case anyone fancies checking that out now. As is always the case, I've popped the project file and MP3/FLAC exports in my livestream Dropbox folder which I'll also link to below.

You can also stream the track via Soundcloud here.

Was great to be back writing tunes on stream again! As I mentioned during the stream, next week I'll be taking a closer look at Reason 1 in a bit of a "Reason's 20th birthday retrospective" type thing, really looking forward to diving in and having a chat about it as it's been a while since I last fired it up. Hope to see some of you there!

adfielding

19 Nov 2020

Tonight I'll be streaming again at the usual place & time (7pm GMT, twitch.tv/adfielding).

As you've probably already heard, Reason 1 is going to be 20 years old this Sunday, so I thought it'd be a really nice opportunity to dive back into the version that started it all! This will be a closer look at Reason 1 via a virtual machine, and I'll almost certainly be dipping into some old forgotten projects from back then while talking about how I got into Reason and how things have changed. Come along, share your stories about how you got started, it's going to be a cosy one :)

• Information