Scenic Hybrid Instrument - Loop User Sample Possible?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
StephenHutchinson

16 Oct 2020

Just wondering if anyone knows how to loop a user sample in the Scenic Hybrid Instrument. I've spent a couple hours searching on YouTube and Google but to no avail...

The problem is ... while some of the built in patches do a continuous loop while holding down a key, when I load in my own samples, and hold down a key, it just stops at the end of the sample. I can't for the life of me find how to loop it like you can in Grain. There is no user manual to be had online. Any help would be much appreciated. :puf_smile:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

VIVIsect

16 Oct 2020

You'll need to click on the sample edit tab. That will bring up the editor and you can set your loop points:

StephenHutchinson

16 Oct 2020

Hi VIVIsect... thank you sooooooooooooooooo much! I just gave it a go.. works like a charm! Most appreciated!

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

VIVIsect

16 Oct 2020

No problem. Happy to help!

Imaginary191
Competition Winner

17 Oct 2020

I tried this with one of my samples and it works only when I set loop mode (not OneShot) and leave loop points at the start and end of the sample. Selecting some loop area within the sample is not working, it plays silence when reaches loop end marker. Maybe that's a bug.

StephenHutchinson

18 Oct 2020

Imaginary191 wrote:
17 Oct 2020
I tried this with one of my samples and it works only when I set loop mode (not OneShot) and leave loop points at the start and end of the sample. Selecting some loop area within the sample is not working, it plays silence when reaches loop end marker. Maybe that's a bug.
I found this out too, also, I can only "loop forward" to make it work. If I try "loop forward and backward" it just stops at the end of the line. I'm happy enough that it is working with "loop forward"... even though if I change the position of the start point with the "Start POS" dial in Scenic, it still goes back to the beginning of the full sample. Either I'm missing something or this is a bug.

Also... when trying add my own samples, and then saving a custom patch, a dialog box comes up regarding "self-contained settings".. and then you have to go in and uncheck the scenic instrument samples, and somehow get it to save the patch. With a little investigating, i found out that the patch and custom samples are saved to wherever you pointed the directory to be, but it also saves the internal samples as well. So you have to ignore the whole "self-contained settings" message and just go to the folder you saved your patch to, and your custom sample(s) will be there along side the patch. Just delete the other two built in samples from scenic. Hope this helps other people who might be going through the same issues.

• Information