Nectar 3 Plus, yes, no, maybe ?

Discuss VST stuff here!
estuary

15 Oct 2020

Hello

I am currently recording vocals and a bit stuck ...
Trying different rack extension compressor, EQ, reverb, switching presets, trying to make it "simple" but sounds terrible to me and feel it's endless.

Then I decided to try Nectar 3 plus (10 days demo) iZotope
Doubtful regarding the "Vocal Mix Assistant" but I tried it, and wooo.... fantastic even with my draft vocal recording, the result was good.

I wonder if there is any Nectar 3 long time users here ? or any experience with Nectar 3 ?
If yes what do you think about it ?

10 days for testing the product is great but never enough.
Since I am recording pop/rock vocal, I am trying to avoid heavy processing with ton of rack extension. Basically I was thinking about Nectar 3 as main vocal chain + reverb.

I feel the vocal chain on Nectar 3 is very well done (compressor, EQ1, EQ2, Auto-gain) but probably something I could reproduce with rack extension + knowledge.
Or maybe it's real ... Nectar 3 bring something specific on the vocal sound/mix :question:

Thanks

PhillipOrdonez

15 Oct 2020

It is a good vocal chain, man. If you liked the results and made it simpler/easier/faster, and if you value workflow, then why not?

I personally never use the assistant, but set the modules up myself. I do like the unmask feature quite a bit, when it is needed it works great, a bit too great sometimes so I use it on parallel blending in a bit of the original signal, however the plus version seems to have fixed that adding further control to the unmasking, so, yeah, forget about that 😂

estuary

15 Oct 2020

Why not... It's because I have to spend $200 :D
I could read a lot of reviews and it seems to be a very good plugin for vocal anyway, I'll think about it !

Thanks

PhillipOrdonez

15 Oct 2020

estuary wrote:
15 Oct 2020
Why not... It's because I have to spend $200 :D
I could read a lot of reviews and it seems to be a very good plugin for vocal anyway, I'll think about it !

Thanks
Good point. Have you checked your account (if you own any other plugin from izotope) to see if your have a better price for it? I can get it for 50 last time I checked but I didn't upgrade cause it should have been a free upgrade 😑

esselfortium

15 Oct 2020

If you can wait a bit: Wait until they do another giveaway on one of their Elements products, get that for free, and then wait until there's a good sale on Nectar 3 (or better yet, one of their bundles) and log into your account and get a crossgrade from the Elements product. (It doesn't have to be Nectar Elements specifically.)
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

estuary

21 Oct 2020

I own some iZotope products but unfortunately I don't have loyalty offers for "Nectar 3" only the "Music Production Suite 4"
Anyway it's already $199 instead of $249 ... I can't wait for discount or black Friday I think I will buy it, it's really good and helpful for vocal mixing.

I can see this sentence on my account
"Missing an offer you think you should qualify for? We are here to help! Contact us"

Well... I am not sure but maybe I should try to contact the support and ask if I can have discount on Nectar 3 ? :oops:
I only bought RX7 Standard and Ozone 8+9 Advanced, don't know if it's enough to ask them an offer.

• Information