Reason crashed ... destroying my (presumably) hit record ;)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
avasopht
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2020

I was just about to put my kids through college. Had this fire beat going. Finally, I'd reached my zenith, the culmination of 20 years of electronic music-making. 20 years of self-doubt, worry, imposter syndrome, new friendships, broken relationships, late-night gigs and allnighters at the studio.

I finally had the track that would give me my big break in a spontaneous 10 minutes of music composition where I can only describe it as the song-writing itself and myself a six-figure cheque.

Then Reason crashed on me for the first time ever. Bastard!

True story.

Gonna go for a walk now.

It might be a Korg Collection bug as I've actually found certain combinations of their plugins result in Ableton Live crashes when saving or deleting tracks. It usually involves the MonoPoly when it crashes Live, and I only had the MS-20 loaded, but something is up with the analogue modelled Korg VSTs.

---

Just made some quick recordings to capture the core concept ... but man, it was pretty good and I was just about to save and exit!

Loque

11 Oct 2020

Check %appdata%\Propellerhead Software\Reason\Logs for any dump files or logs. If you find the out who to blame, punch him hard. Too many devs today do not care about software quality and dont care about that they destroy that 10minutes of someone, who could have made him rich & famous or maybe created the next song spreading peace, love and harmony all over the world!
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

11 Oct 2020

Old Tibetian saying: Save early, save often and change the filename from time to time.

plaamook

13 Oct 2020

jam-s wrote:
11 Oct 2020
Old Tibetian saying: Save early, save often and change the filename from time to time.
Why change the file name? Never heard that one.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Adabler
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2020

plaamook wrote:
13 Oct 2020
For me, when a project reach a certain size or complexity, I like to make different versions after longer sessions as it could be very tedious to revert back if you went somewhere bad.
:reason: 12, Win10

motuscott

13 Oct 2020

If I had a nickel for every hit song I've lost due to a DAW crash, I'd be in this same financial demographic.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

plaamook

13 Oct 2020

Adabler wrote:
13 Oct 2020
plaamook wrote:
13 Oct 2020
For me, when a project reach a certain size or complexity, I like to make different versions after longer sessions as it could be very tedious to revert back if you went somewhere bad.
Oh yeah, I get that. X1 X2.1 X3 and so on. Got loads of that.
I thought he was talking about something to do with file corruption. Dunno.

Or here.

jam-s

13 Oct 2020

plaamook wrote:
13 Oct 2020
jam-s wrote:
11 Oct 2020
As a precaution against some rare bugs or side effects of crashes that might corrupt your only song file.

plaamook

13 Oct 2020

jam-s wrote:
13 Oct 2020
plaamook wrote:
13 Oct 2020

As a precaution against some rare bugs or side effects of crashes that might corrupt your only song file.
Yeah that’s what I thought you meant.
I only ever had that years back transferring from pc to Mac. Few files corrupted.

Or here.

avasopht
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
11 Oct 2020
Too many devs today do not care about software quality and dont care about that they destroy that 10minutes of someone, who could have made him rich & famous or maybe created the next song spreading peace, love and harmony all over the world!
I've found it.

This is the strangest bug as it also crashed Reason.

It crashed Reason. WTF.
Loque wrote:
11 Oct 2020
Too many devs today do not care about software quality and dont care about that they destroy that 10minutes of someone, who could have made him rich & famous or maybe created the next song spreading peace, love and harmony all over the world!
Exactly. But it might be my fault. My fire beats must have raised the core temperature of the Central Processing Units, effectively turning my laptop into ticking time bomb.

I should be thankful that Reason decided to shut itself down and protect the laptop, otherwise, I might not even be here to tell the tale.

avasopht
Competition Winner

15 Oct 2020

plaamook wrote:
13 Oct 2020
Yeah that’s what I thought you meant.
I only ever had that years back transferring from pc to Mac. Few files corrupted.
Maybe once or twice, and funnily enough I just happened to have multiple versions so I lost nothing. May have also been a beta version.

• Information