GR6!!!

Discuss VST stuff here!
LukeDunn

12 Oct 2020

manisnotabird wrote:
12 Oct 2020
How do the new amp models sound? They are the only thing that is really new, right, and not just imported from other NI plugins (I guess the old amps get new cabinet IRs)? I was not impressed with the old Guitar Rig amps.
The new amps sound great, and the new Cabs on the old amps make a huge difference. They are all very responsive to play. They’ve also added new effects from tractor and such, as well as new reverbs including Raum, plus new sequencer and gate style controls. Totally worth checking out the demo. It’s the full plugin with a 30 min time limit before reopening.

Luke

BRIGGS

12 Oct 2020

manisnotabird wrote:
12 Oct 2020
How do the new amp models sound? They are the only thing that is really new, right, and not just imported from other NI plugins (I guess the old amps get new cabinet IRs)? I was not impressed with the old Guitar Rig amps.
I can't complain about the sound with the new IRs. The old amps have been given new life now.

Try the vox. :puf_smile:
r11s

guitfnky

13 Oct 2020

I got a response from RS on the hardware exception error bug I was getting, and they said it could be due to a misbehaving MIDI interface. I have recently been having trouble with my MIDI keyboard, but almost never use it to control parameters in Reason, so it didn't occur to me that it could be causing an issue like that.

so I'm guessing that's not something anyone else here has experienced, thankfully, but wanted to set the record straight so my prior comments don't make anyone question buying it. it's really freaking fantastic. in fact, I've spent the last day and a half tweaking my studio setup/pedal routing just so I can start to use GR6 for 100% of my amp tones. haven't been this excited about an amp sim in years.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

BRIGGS

14 Oct 2020

guitfnky wrote:
13 Oct 2020
haven't been this excited about an amp sim in years.
They did a good job. Enjoy it! :puf_smile:
r11s

burgerskelly

14 Oct 2020

GR 6 is amazing!

• Information