Drum and Bass / Next Level Skimrok

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Skimrok

10 Oct 2020

Hopefully some will like :puf_smile:

12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Rising Night Wave

10 Oct 2020

yes. i like it.
that metallic sound is just amazing.
vocal is great. cool.
well, everything is good and fine.
like it.

i gave you one like and one respot on SC. cheers.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

drk73

11 Oct 2020

Good one! ✌

Skimrok

11 Oct 2020

Rising Night Wave wrote:
10 Oct 2020
yes. i like it.
that metallic sound is just amazing.
vocal is great. cool.
well, everything is good and fine.
like it.

i gave you one like and one respot on SC. cheers.
Nice one thank you so much :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Skimrok

11 Oct 2020

drk73 wrote:
11 Oct 2020
Good one! ✌
Yeah thank you :)

Popey
Competition Winner

13 Oct 2020

Cool track, bit heavier than the dnb I listen to nowadays but good production. Only comment is sample "mother f@#%#@$)" at the end seemed out of place yet didnt when earlier in song. Perhaps this could be cut up and timing tweaked. Really enjoyed it though and the above is a very minor comment.

Skimrok

13 Oct 2020

Popey wrote:
13 Oct 2020
Cool track, bit heavier than the dnb I listen to nowadays but good production. Only comment is sample "mother f@#%#@$)" at the end seemed out of place yet didnt when earlier in song. Perhaps this could be cut up and timing tweaked. Really enjoyed it though and the above is a very minor comment.
Thank you , yeah I check don't worry about the comment I rather you say then not :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: i listen with fresh ears tonight ;)

Auryn

13 Oct 2020

Sounds great, beat is sharp as fuck. I was really getting into it but the sound introduced in the break at around 2:14 feels a bit weak compared to the hard hitting beats and bass, I was kind of expecting something more loud and epic, but the current sound is kind of just "there"
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

TheDragonborg

13 Oct 2020

You're stuff is really getting better! The drums are much more focused than the other tunes of yours I've heard.

Skimrok

14 Oct 2020

gullum wrote:
13 Oct 2020
That vocal screamed Bomfunk to me :D really liking this one dark and evil
thank you :thumbs_up:

Skimrok

14 Oct 2020

Auryn wrote:
13 Oct 2020
Sounds great, beat is sharp as fuck. I was really getting into it but the sound introduced in the break at around 2:14 feels a bit weak compared to the hard hitting beats and bass, I was kind of expecting something more loud and epic, but the current sound is kind of just "there"
right ok I take that on board funny enough I did have a bit of mare with the breakdown so this is actually confirmation I shouldn't of made do , cool I rework it ;) thank you :)

Skimrok

14 Oct 2020

TheDragonborg wrote:
13 Oct 2020
You're stuff is really getting better! The drums are much more focused than the other tunes of yours I've heard.
yay thank you I keep chipping away at it :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :reason: :reason: :reason:

Auryn

14 Oct 2020

Skimrok wrote:
14 Oct 2020
Auryn wrote:
13 Oct 2020
right ok I take that on board funny enough I did have a bit of mare with the breakdown so this is actually confirmation I shouldn't of made do , cool I rework it ;) thank you :)
haha, well you know what they say, it takes one to know one... I've struggled plenty with finding the right sounds and used to end up piling on FX without actually adding anything useful. Sometimes it's better to just scrap it and try something completely different. Maybe shelve the track for a while and come back with fresh ears and inspiration. The track is like 80% there so keep at it.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Skimrok

14 Oct 2020

Auryn wrote:
14 Oct 2020
Skimrok wrote:
14 Oct 2020

haha, well you know what they say, it takes one to know one... I've struggled plenty with finding the right sounds and used to end up piling on FX without actually adding anything useful. Sometimes it's better to just scrap it and try something completely different. Maybe shelve the track for a while and come back with fresh ears and inspiration. The track is like 80% there so keep at it.
good advice I pulled it and relook a little later with fresh ears :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

• Information