Why can one not use pattern lanes with Drum Sequencer?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
miyaru

11 Oct 2020

Why can one not use pattern lanes with Drum Sequencer? I found out this morning you have to print to clip, which then can be copied and pasted at one wishes......

Why not a pattern lane like redrum? Or am I stupid? (Hope not.... LOL)
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

antic604

11 Oct 2020

miyaru wrote:
11 Oct 2020
Why can one not use pattern lanes with Drum Sequencer? I found out this morning you have to print to clip, which then can be copied and pasted at one wishes......

Sure you can.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

buddard
RE Developer

11 Oct 2020

miyaru wrote:
11 Oct 2020

Alt-click on one of the pattern buttons to create a pattern automation lane. Then you draw pattern clips as usual!

Recording the pattern changes in real time is not recommended, though. because the pattern changes are not quantized AND the pattern start points are set exactly where you switch, which will make the pattern go out of time 99.99% of the time — The worst possible implementation IMO and a real head scratcher coming from Reason Studios for sure...

miyaru

12 Oct 2020

Thanx!!! I just could not figure this out yesterday...... I tried it, and now it seems logical LOL.
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

dioxide

12 Oct 2020

buddard wrote:
11 Oct 2020
The worst possible implementation IMO and a real head scratcher coming from Reason Studios for sure...
The current behaviour is unusable. Horrible. I'm waiting for a fix before I even consider using any of this stuff.

tanni

13 Oct 2020

dioxide wrote:
12 Oct 2020
buddard wrote:
11 Oct 2020
The worst possible implementation IMO and a real head scratcher coming from Reason Studios for sure...
The current behaviour is unusable. Horrible. I'm waiting for a fix before I even consider using any of this stuff.
yes, there are some things they do not implement very well in new devices. They have lost some things which has to do a lot with integrity. So I often use Redrum before Umpfs for example. Its a shame, because it was Reasons absolutly force by comparison with other DAWs.

• Information