[Dark Ambient] New Album: Welcome Corruption

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
EsotericSound

19 Sep 2020

I started writing an album a few months ago after I put out Thinkpieces. Having been inspired by Hainbach's Isolation Loops and the Fundamental VST, I started coming up with ideas that eventually lead me to the album I released today. At the time I was writing, I didn't intend to make an album whose titles are a commentary about the state of things in 2020, but I guess that's where my mind is now.

So, if you fancy, have a listen to Welcome Corruption.

Cheers! :)

https://esotericsounddesign.bandcamp.com

FLVZ

11 Oct 2020

Sounds like a great sound for sci-fi film/TV and maybe games like No Man's Sky. Great production and interesting sound design!

EsotericSound

11 Oct 2020

Flavolous wrote:
11 Oct 2020
Sounds like a great sound for sci-fi film/TV and maybe games like No Man's Sky. Great production and interesting sound design!
Thank you for checking it out. That's definitely nice to hear. That's pretty much the type of stuff I go for when I make music. I've played quite a bit of No Man's Sky so I'm sure the sound design and the soundtrack itself has creeped into my brain. :puf_smile:

guitfnky

12 Oct 2020

this is outside my normal musical wheelhouse, so you may have to forgive my lack of suitable comparisons here, but I enjoyed it a lot. I definitely agree it seems really well-suited for games or movies/TV. I occasionally got some vibes of the sort of washy transitions that I love in The Mars Volta's first few albums, and sometimes it reminded me of The Caretaker's work on Everywhere at the End of Time. the song titles also reminded me of his stuff--really cool, because having an understanding of the topic, along with strong titles can really help draw me into the mood of an album. the tension and desolation are there in the music too--I can definitely feel the relation to the strange times we live in, even if you weren't consciously thinking about it as you wrote the music.

it's interesting to see the vastly different approaches and sounds people can arrive at, even writing on the same topic. I came at my album from the same sort of perspective--the music was largely written without any particular theme in mind, but lyrically, it's themes are all related to the craziness of the last few years, and the sense of helplessness that I felt when listening to your album.

anyhoo, shot you a follow on Spotify, and will continue putting this through its paces. :) great work!
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

EsotericSound

13 Oct 2020

guitfnky wrote:
12 Oct 2020
this is outside my normal musical wheelhouse, so you may have to forgive my lack of suitable comparisons here, but I enjoyed it a lot. I definitely agree it seems really well-suited for games or movies/TV. I occasionally got some vibes of the sort of washy transitions that I love in The Mars Volta's first few albums, and sometimes it reminded me of The Caretaker's work on Everywhere at the End of Time. the song titles also reminded me of his stuff--really cool, because having an understanding of the topic, along with strong titles can really help draw me into the mood of an album. the tension and desolation are there in the music too--I can definitely feel the relation to the strange times we live in, even if you weren't consciously thinking about it as you wrote the music.

it's interesting to see the vastly different approaches and sounds people can arrive at, even writing on the same topic. I came at my album from the same sort of perspective--the music was largely written without any particular theme in mind, but lyrically, it's themes are all related to the craziness of the last few years, and the sense of helplessness that I felt when listening to your album.

anyhoo, shot you a follow on Spotify, and will continue putting this through its paces. :) great work!
Hey, thanks for checking it out. :)

I haven't heard The Mars Volta in a while. While I don't really count them as an influence, I'm glad that it reminded you of some that. They are indeed a talented musician.
It is interesting how a common theme can be translated so differently among many musicians. It's part of what makes all art great.

I'm glad you think it fits in with sci-fi TV/movies/etc. I've been trying for the last 10 years to get closer to that style of stuff. When Stranger Things came out, that soundtrack gave me the inspiration I needed to try things I hadn't tried before.

Cheers!

• Information