Korg MS-20M and SQ-1

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?

joeyluck

22 Jan 2015

Ok.  This does look pretty damn awesome.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/ms_20mkit/

Hopefully the price is right!  If the MS-20 Mini is $599 and the MS-20 Kit is $1399.  What would the M Kit be?  Looks like there is no option currently without the SQ-1...?

Ocean of Waves

22 Jan 2015

Do you have a price?

joeyluck

22 Jan 2015

Ocean of Waves wrote:Do you have a price?
Looks like it is $1199 according to Sweetwater.  And already in stock!
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MS20MSQ1LTD/

There appears to be no option to buy it separately from the SQ-1 at the moment...
You can however buy the SQ-1 separately, but it goes for only $99, so omitting it from the bundle wouldn't knock off but so much I guess...

NothingSpecial

23 Jan 2015

Don't know if anyone else caught this, but you have to assemble the kit yourself.  I'm not quite sure why as it doesn't appear you can swap components or change anything.  

joeyluck

23 Jan 2015

NothingSpecial wrote:Don't know if anyone else caught this, but you have to assemble the kit yourself.  I'm not quite sure why as it doesn't appear you can swap components or change anything.  

Yes I understood that.  Not quite sure either...

Maybe just to make it more appealing to some folks who like to build?  Although it's more the Ikea of DIY synths...

I always thought that they offered it this way with the MS-20 (full-size) kit (which followed the MS-20 mini) as a way to not completely piss off the MS-20 mini folks who might have rather had a full-size version.  By saying, "but this one is more expensive AND you have to put it together yourself."  But now I'm not sure.

• Information