GR6!!!

Discuss VST stuff here!
BRIGGS

02 Oct 2020

Woo Hoo!!! It's about time! :puf_smile:

r11s

hauckmarion

02 Oct 2020

Wow! I didn't know, that GR 6 is already released.
I am Frank, living and working in Las Vegas. My main hobby is fishing, though my hobby isn't connected with my job at all. I am working as a rewriter https://smartessayrewriter.com/.

guitfnky

02 Oct 2020

ooh, nice...just what I don’t need to spend money on... 😂 video demo makes me think I need to take a hard look though.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

BRIGGS

02 Oct 2020

Pete Thorn did some presets for this:

r11s

zumBeispiel

03 Oct 2020

In GuitarRig5 I often use the Loop Machine tool, but it doesn't seem to be present anywhere in GuitarRig6's videos, nor in the new manual.
Is the looper still here?

BRIGGS

03 Oct 2020

zumBeispiel wrote:
03 Oct 2020
Is the looper still here?
I'm not sure. I don't see why not.
r11s

Jackjackdaw

03 Oct 2020

Interesting. I think they had the world convinced GR5 was abandonware. No plans for a foot controller though according to the NI forum and the old one is not supported.

guitfnky

09 Oct 2020

has anyone tried this out in Reason/have any impressions? the videos I’ve seen make it sound really good—and the UI is amazing too.

BRIGGS

09 Oct 2020

guitfnky wrote:
09 Oct 2020
has anyone tried this out in Reason/have any impressions? the videos I’ve seen make it sound really good—and the UI is amazing too.
Downloading the demo, now. :puf_smile:
r11s

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Oct 2020

Reason I’ve been avoiding IK and NI and Line6 and all the other guitar rigs is that I keep seeing that green screamer everywhere and it does my head in.
I’ve been back and forth but I reckon that personally I’m set with Kuassa in Reason...or at least I will be when they do an AC15 and an AC30. You listening Dimi?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

09 Oct 2020

BRIGGS wrote:
09 Oct 2020
guitfnky wrote:
09 Oct 2020
sweet—let us know what you think if you can drag yourself away from it. 😆

guitfnky

09 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
09 Oct 2020
Reason I’ve been avoiding IK and NI and Line6 and all the other guitar rigs is that I keep seeing that green screamer everywhere and it does my head in.
I’ve been back and forth but I reckon that personally I’m set with Kuassa in Reason...or at least I will be when they do an AC15 and an AC30. You listening Dimi?
I love Kuassa for one-off quick stuff, and when I want to route into other REs/VSTs.

I have Bias FX and FX2, which I love, in theory, but they’re buggy in Reason. they sound great, and I’m a fan of them for the other side—comprehensive in-the-box “rig” settings, where I don’t need REs or other VSTs in the chain. so I’d love to find a good replacement for the Bias stuff.

tried the IK plugin a month or so ago and the way it’s laid out and workflow are kind of terrible for how I like to work. Guitar Rig 6 seems like a really solid solution, as long as it’s not buggy.

BRIGGS

09 Oct 2020

guitfnky wrote:
09 Oct 2020
BRIGGS wrote:
09 Oct 2020

It sounds good! :puf_smile:

But, try the demo before you buy. I'm having a few issues on my system. YMMV
r11s

guitfnky

09 Oct 2020

BRIGGS wrote:
09 Oct 2020
guitfnky wrote:
09 Oct 2020

It sounds good! :puf_smile:

But, try the demo before you buy. I'm having a few issues on my system. YMMV
awesome, appreciate the heads-up! 👍🏼 got some time this weekend I can use to trial it.

guitfnky

10 Oct 2020

I ended up having some minor issues with it too, but bought it anyway. :lol:

I get a hardware exception message every so often when trying to route things, but it hasn't crashed anything, and I can still keep working. it seems to only happen when I'm moving stuff around, so once I have my settings for a track, it's not something I imagine will ever really get in the way. still, I'm going to send a bug report to RS and NI about it, so hopefully it'll get fixed.

this thing sounds incredible, and is super easy to use, and inspiring. love it. :D

zumBeispiel

10 Oct 2020

guitfnky wrote:
10 Oct 2020

... but bought it anyway ...
Could you please tell me if there is the Loop Maschine?
It should be between the Tools, thanks.

guitfnky

10 Oct 2020

zumBeispiel wrote:
10 Oct 2020
guitfnky wrote:
10 Oct 2020

... but bought it anyway ...
there's a 'Tapedeck Pre' and 'Tapedeck Post', which I think are intended for looping purposes--not 100% certain though, since I have no use for loopers, myself. they're global, in the sense that you can't move them around/reroute them like the other devices, and they don't exist in the Components/devices list. the 'pre' one is at the start of the chain, and the 'post' one is at the end of the chain. all you can do routing-wise is turn them on or off in the menu bar above the GR rack.

hopefully that helps.

zumBeispiel

10 Oct 2020

guitfnky wrote:
10 Oct 2020
zumBeispiel wrote:
10 Oct 2020

there's a 'Tapedeck Pre' and 'Tapedeck Post', which I think are intended for looping purposes--not 100% certain though, since I have no use for loopers, myself. they're global, in the sense that you can't move them around/reroute them like the other devices, and they don't exist in the Components/devices list. the 'pre' one is at the start of the chain, and the 'post' one is at the end of the chain. all you can do routing-wise is turn them on or off in the menu bar above the GR rack.

hopefully that helps.
Thank you guitfnky.
I own GR5 since ages and like it.
Perhaps they will add the looper later, in a update.

BRIGGS

10 Oct 2020

guitfnky wrote:
10 Oct 2020

I get a hardware exception message every so often when trying to route things, but it hasn't crashed anything, and I can still keep working. it seems to only happen when I'm moving stuff around, so once I have my settings for a track, it's not something I imagine will ever really get in the way. still, I'm going to send a bug report to RS and NI about it, so hopefully it'll get fixed.

this thing sounds incredible, and is super easy to use, and inspiring. love it. :D
My graphics chip, too old....boo hoo :cry:
r11s

guitfnky

10 Oct 2020

BRIGGS wrote:
10 Oct 2020
guitfnky wrote:
10 Oct 2020

My graphics chip, too old....boo hoo :cry:
interesting that you mentioned graphics...I’ve been having some other issues with my display recently and just updated my Radeon driver (after getting this GR6 error)—wonder if they might be related. if I stop getting the error, guess I’ll have my answer. and of course I’ll post an update.

Jackjackdaw

10 Oct 2020

I have only tried running a loop through some of the presets so far but it does sound great, and it looks great. I hope RS are taking notes! I thought the modulation assignment a bit clunky, can't figure out how to simply attenuate an lfo for example.

I can't justify the purchase I don't think, I'm currently putting together a hardware pedal board, this might give me some ideas and inspiration though. I really hope Reason looks this slick soon! (RS could take some notes on the browser too..)

guitfnky

11 Oct 2020

I looked at the patch notes for it in the NI installer yesterday, and a number of the known issues listed were related to the zoom settings. so far, every time I'd gotten that hardware exception error was when I had it set to 150/175%. I just got done playing around with it for a fairly long session this morning, leaving it at 100% zoom, and it worked pretty much flawlessly the whole time.

I took video of most of it; working through a good chunk of guitar for the song, and also demoing some of the GR6 sounds along the way. I might try to post it, as long as some of the audio glitching I was hearing from my video software didn't screw up the vid.

guitfnky

11 Oct 2020

one of the things that blew my mind about this thing is the gate. there’s a little gear icon next to the threshold that automatically detects where the threshold should be set, and it works incredibly well. just mute your strings and hit the button, and get a perfectly-set gate instantly.

small feature, but REALLY cool.

LukeDunn

11 Oct 2020

I’ve been checking it out and putting it up against GR5, PodFarm 2.5, Waves GTR, and AmpliTube 4. It sounds amazing! Those new Cabinet IR’s are incredible! I’m not a fan of the new interface, I really liked the GR5 interface, but I love the fact that its scalable. The GR5 interface was tiny. I’ll definitely be picking this up. Also, it feels really great playing your guitar through it, I find it very responsive.

Luke

manisnotabird

12 Oct 2020

How do the new amp models sound? They are the only thing that is really new, right, and not just imported from other NI plugins (I guess the old amps get new cabinet IRs)? I was not impressed with the old Guitar Rig amps.

• Information