What's happened to JRR SHOP?

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
06 Aug 2020
Looked at the AmpliTube Max crossgrade. $80. Myyyäääääjjjjjaaaaaäääää. Hmmmm. Nah
As I'm using guitars more and more in my tracks, I picked up Amplitube Max in IKs total studio deal a few months ago. I'm probably not appreciating it as much as a guitarist (who is Danny Gomez? am I supposed to know who Charlie Benante is? Jet City? Seymour Duncan? Fulltone?) it sounds really good, and I like having all these toys to play with. It was fun creating my countless "80s Rock Guitar" chains and even though I have no idea what's behind the history of the gear that's being emulated, I totally dig Amplitube Max and I'm glad I got it. I can even use it on synths.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Aug 2020

hurricane wrote:
06 Aug 2020
MrFigg wrote:
06 Aug 2020
Looked at the AmpliTube Max crossgrade. $80. Myyyäääääjjjjjaaaaaäääää. Hmmmm. Nah
As I'm using guitars more and more in my tracks, I picked up Amplitube Max in IKs total studio deal a few months ago. I'm probably not appreciating it as much as a guitarist (who is Danny Gomez? am I supposed to know who Charlie Benante is? Jet City? Seymour Duncan? Fulltone?) it sounds really good, and I like having all these toys to play with. It was fun creating my countless "80s Rock Guitar" chains and even though I have no idea what's behind the history of the gear that's being emulated, I totally dig Amplitube Max and I'm glad I got it. I can even use it on synths.
I got some IK compressor Free a while back which I’ve been holding off registering in case they have that group but thing again. If I register it now I’ll qualify for the cheap Max crossgrade. Truth is I’d probably never use it as I’ve already got so much stuff already. Fighting the GAS.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miscend

07 Aug 2020

MrFigg wrote:
06 Aug 2020
DaveyG wrote:
06 Aug 2020
Now here's an interesting thing. If the product you want to buy does not allow coupons when you put it in the basket, send JRR a message and you might get the discount that they want to give you but are "not allowed to" by the supplier.
Reason Suite $160? Maybe?
Still not interested:)
Thanks I took the gamble and got lucky. They must have have had a surplus of left over Suite upgrades from the previous sale. I also picked up the PSP E27 which is just sweet!

Dosenhirn

09 Aug 2020

Got lush there for half the price it is offered elsewhere
https://www.jrrshop.com/d16-lush-101

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2020

Well it’s “down for maintenance” again. No access the last day and a half.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

19 Sep 2020

I bought something from them a while back, my account doesn't exist anymore. I still have my invoice and wrote down / registered all my serials, but I just don't trust them anymore.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2020

Still down and no information anywhere that I can find.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

21 Sep 2020

I recently contacted the support about another weird call stack debug output instead of a normal shop page and didnt heard anything back. Maybe the guy was a bit p!ssed, because i hinted the lack of security and the deep insights about the database structure this gave me...This guy is a real amateur in web shop stuff. My fingers are really itching to breach in, but i stay legal here...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2020

Loque wrote:
21 Sep 2020
I recently contacted the support about another weird call stack debug output instead of a normal shop page and didnt heard anything back. Maybe the guy was a bit p!ssed, because i hinted the lack of security and the deep insights about the database structure this gave me...This guy is a real amateur in web shop stuff. My fingers are really itching to breach in, but i stay legal here...
I've written to them a couple of times on Messenger and they always reply. They say they are working on getting all previous purchases reinstated but that in the meantime they can mail me any details I request. Hell, I can't remember all the stuff that's on my account. Don't know why they're down this time though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

retreed
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2020

MrFigg wrote:
21 Sep 2020
I've written to them a couple of times on Messenger and they always reply. They say they are working on getting all previous purchases reinstated but that in the meantime they can mail me any details I request. Hell, I can't remember all the stuff that's on my account. Don't know why they're down this time though.
When they had their big crash a few weeks ago, Eric wrote that, simultaneously to fixing the problem of the crash, they are working on a new page that is scheduled for launch in September.

danc

21 Sep 2020

retreed wrote:
21 Sep 2020
MrFigg wrote:
21 Sep 2020
When they had their big crash a few weeks ago, Eric wrote that, simultaneously to fixing the problem of the crash, they are working on a new page that is scheduled for launch in September.
You beat me to it - I also picked up that bit of news about a new JRR website. I conclude that they are migrating over to the new website.

In the 21st century there are "proper" ways to migrate sites, in a seamless manner... with minimal - if any - downtime. Hopefully this new website brings them into the 21st century. Thankfully they aren't exposing their debug trace today.

We do keep forgiving them though.. as they do offer some corking deals once in a while.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

22 Sep 2020

danc wrote:
21 Sep 2020
retreed wrote:
21 Sep 2020

You beat me to it - I also picked up that bit of news about a new JRR website. I conclude that they are migrating over to the new website.

In the 21st century there are "proper" ways to migrate sites, in a seamless manner... with minimal - if any - downtime. Hopefully this new website brings them into the 21st century. Thankfully they aren't exposing their debug trace today.

We do keep forgiving them though.. as they do offer some corking deals once in a while.
Well JRR Shop are up and running again.... and the website looks just like it did before. Well - I can't login but that might be my problem... oh... it's such fun and games with JRR.

How many hours will it stay alive no idea... we should start placing bets!

Although... are you ready for this... the BLOWOUTS login page is back to JRR's usual tricks of exposing to the world their code!
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (118.43 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
Check my Soundcloud:

craven

26 Sep 2020

Their website seems to work rather okay here again. However, I tried the common codes 'group' and 'forum' and they don't seem to work anymore...
:ugeek:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Sep 2020

craven wrote:
26 Sep 2020
Their website seems to work rather okay here again. However, I tried the common codes 'group' and 'forum' and they don't seem to work anymore...
It’s on and off. Some times of the day it’s unreachable and others it appears to be functioning.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

01 Oct 2020

Interesting how they show information about the code and network infrastructure. So, now i know, where the DB is :-)

Happy hacking!
2020-10-01 13_11_47-There has been an error processing your request.jpg
2020-10-01 13_11_47-There has been an error processing your request.jpg (146.78 KiB) Viewed 2373 times
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

07 Oct 2020

This looks just like a ship going down in slow mo. Exposing your server errors like this is just the invitation for crackers to take a thorough look around and capture some customer data :roll: .
Last edited by jam-s on 10 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.

danc

08 Oct 2020

jam-s wrote:
07 Oct 2020
This looks just like a ship going down in slow mo. Exposing your server eroors like this is just the invitation for crackers to take a thorow look around and capture some customer data :roll: .
And ........... they are gone...
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (11.59 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
Check my Soundcloud:

miscend

08 Oct 2020

Looks like they were hacked!
Uncle E is aware of the issue now. We'll see what happens.
Update 1: Uncle E has said they store no personal information for billing. All transactions with credit cards go directly through the credit cards company portals so the website doesn't even obtain that data. Same with PayPal.
Update 2: From Eric on KVR: Someone was able to modify our main web page and insert a small piece of code that redirected the users to the other site. They accessed the web page through Magento Connect, which is the extension downloader for Magento (our eCommerce platform), and did not have access to our server or database. Our checkout page was not modified at all and there is no evidence that they gained access to anyone's personal information, and the vulnerability that allowed them to gain that access has been closed. In addition, I had disabled our servers as soon as I found out about the issue, after which point there was no data available for them to access.
This was our only security breach in 22 years that I know of. A few weeks ago, we replaced our previous backup system with an RDS automatic backup and had to shut the site down for a few days. In July, the connection to our database got corrupted and it was not a security issue. In 2018, we lost some data when we were upgrading our servers. In 2012, we upgraded from OScommerce to Magento and were not able to import the old orders (we kept OScommerce accessible for about 3 years in case anyone needed their old orders and we still have them stored securely on a local server). In between these times, we have had instances of the site slowing down or becoming inaccessible due to high traffic.
Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to address. Any criticism is completely fair and I appreciate you and everyone else for being so understanding about it. IT security is not my profession and I welcome all input.

moneykube

08 Oct 2020

not even sure if I bought anything there... I hope not... yikes
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Loque

08 Oct 2020

Loque wrote:
11 Jul 2020
Probably hacked. WannaCry or something like this. Just guessing...
I just quote myself. Looks like i was right and this peace of sh... UncleE said nothing about it. I guess i will send this to our government and see what happens...
Reason12, Win10

• Information